Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Costumes of Games (Injustice,Arkham) vs Comic Versions...

Hello,

I LOVE some of the Costumes in the Games Injustice 1+2 and Arkham Games..

I often prefer them over the Comic Costumes and I would like to see some alternative Versions of Costumes (used in Injustice 1+2) used for characters like Bart Allen, Tim Drake....

There are many alternate costumes which I prefer to the current DRAKE Costume and in future for BART ALLEN.

Wallys Costume was already changed in Rebirth and I think it was a AWESOME change and better than the original one and I would like to see an older Bart with a variant of the Flash Costume...

I also prefer Cassie in Injustice and I dont really like the actual Cassie Comic Costume, but my favorite is the Titans of Tomorrow Cassie costume.

Honestly it probably is one of my favorite parts of elseworld stories that characters can get some impressive new costumes that you may not see in main series.

I like Damian as Nightwing in Injustice(particularly the red one from Injustice 2) and as Batman in DCeased. I agree that Cassie does look better in the Injustice comic then her current Young Justice uniform, and given what I’ve seen the Dceased 2 uniform as Wonder Woman looks pretty great as well.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Some of the game costumes are too armory and filled with so many unnecessary details for my taste, but the ones that don't...
    Injustice 2 Poison Ivy looks amazing

Arkham Ivy, I like the reptilian look, but the costume is just ugh. I mean if you're not gonna wear the prison pants, might as well take off the top too.
    Arkham Nurse Harley is also ugh. Ugly.

Rebirth Wally is one of the best costume reboots, alongside New 52 Spoiler Stephanie Brown.

With Barry around, my first wish is to make Wally a costume that's similar to how Nightwing is to Batman and Brett Booth did it perfectly.

New 52 Spoiler incorporated elements of her Batgirl costume modernize it without being too heavy like armored Batman or Batgirl.

I also love the Burnside Batgirl costume. It's simple, practical, and fitting for a teen girl hero. Just not on Barbara and not at that time. The timing of that costume is pretty horrible with Dick the regular love interest went on to be a sexy super spy, so it looks like he got older while she got younger, on top of that Gotham got darker, so she looks clash horribly when she's in a Batman book. The armored black Batgirl costume in New 52, Injustice 1 and Arkham fits Barbara better.

I don't like Injustice 1 Superman costume because the way the red paint for his trunk is drawn it looks like he's wearing a thong
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 03-20-2020 at 09:46 AM.

Mighty Member

Like I said I would prefer a Variation of Damians alternative Costumes (as Robin) to the actual DRAKE Costume.
    I LOVED Red Robin and in the game there are parts which are red/black based and they would look great as Costume...

For Bart I would also like to see such an alternative Costume for him..
    I didnt like his Impulse Costume on him when he was aged up during YJ, the Kid Flash Costume now belongs to Wallace West and I was never a fan of Titans of Tomorrow Bart Allen Costume.
    It looked to similar to Reverse Flash or Kid Flash..

What works in games doesn't work in comics - imagine having to draw that much detail for every panel the costume is in. Like how people want the comic costumes in live action movies. Just do what works best for the medium, don't compare them.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

I generally don't prefer the armored look. But alternate costumes in general can be pretty awesome. Wally's Rebirth costume was great, and let's not forget Walter West.

Last edited by Lightning Rider; 03-21-2020 at 08:27 AM.

Probably an unpopular opinion but to me most of the Injustice costume designs are ugly as sin that only got worse in Injustice 2 with the armor theme. The only good ones to me were the ones that minimally changed the costumes.
    Last edited by Gaius; 03-21-2020 at 10:23 AM.

I hate the Injustice version of WW as a whole, she is a insufferable character in that universe
    BUT I really really love his Injustice 2 costume
    The Aesthetics and color-scheme were on-point, and was an Eye-candy (for good reasons)

I loved Red Hood’s costume in Arkham Knight. Looked super badass. The ones in Injustice were cool as well.

Armor generally comes about to try and make the costumes seem more "realistic." Not that that's really necessary with the comics in my opinion, but sometimes the armored looks with the realistic and graphical textures can look really, really, cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    Hello,

I LOVE some of the Costumes in the Games Injustice 1+2 and Arkham Games..

I often prefer them over the Comic Costumes and I would like to see some alternative Versions of Costumes (used in Injustice 1+2) used for characters like Bart Allen, Tim Drake....

There are many alternate costumes which I prefer to the current DRAKE Costume and in future for BART ALLEN.

Wallys Costume was already changed in Rebirth and I think it was a AWESOME change and better than the original one and I would like to see an older Bart with a variant of the Flash Costume...

I also prefer Cassie in Injustice and I dont really like the actual Cassie Comic Costume, but my favorite is the Titans of Tomorrow Cassie costume.
    I'm the opposite. I prefer the comic costumes all the way. I love the Arkham story, but I find myself blitzing though the story so I can change into the 'real' costumes and playing it again nice and slow. I enjoy the injustice series a lot too, but i'm continually ticked off that they don't give you a true iconic costume in all those variations. Heck, they already had the DC vs. Mortal Kombat game and visually I prefer THAT version to the injustice looks. I can have fun with elseworlds mixing it up for a book or two, but for something like this playing 'AS' the characters I know is most of the appeal.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    What works in games doesn't work in comics - imagine having to draw that much detail for every panel the costume is in. Like how people want the comic costumes in live action movies. Just do what works best for the medium, don't compare them.
    Not really...it depends....Comics to live Action yes might be difficult sometimes..

TIM DRAKE had a very!! detailed Costume in NEW52 COMICS! with the wings,the detailed costume etc. etc. etc.
    In ARKHAM KNIGHT GAME he had a black/red Costume which I can imagine to work well in Costumes (Black Pants with black/red Top etc.).
    In INJUSTICE 2 its Damian, but I like the black/red Costumes which are able to choose and I can also imagine them working well in Comics (maybe changing a bit).

BART ALLEN
    For Bart I would also like to see an alternative Outfit, but I think this one which I mean is only an Injustice 2 Artwork..

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    Not really...it depends....Comics to live Action yes might be difficult sometimes..

TIM DRAKE had a very!! detailed Costume in NEW52 COMICS! with the wings,the detailed costume etc. etc. etc.
    In ARKHAM KNIGHT GAME he had a black/red Costume which I can imagine to work well in Costumes (Black Pants with black/red Top etc.).
    In INJUSTICE 2 its Damian, but I like the black/red Costumes which are able to choose and I can also imagine them working well in Comics (maybe changing a bit).

BART ALLEN
    For Bart I would also like to see an alternative Outfit, but I think this one which I mean is only an Injustice 2 Artwork..
    As long as people stop screaming for the trunks to return to live action...and preferably stop insisting they remain in the comics.

Extraordinary Member

I like the Injustice 2 versions of Power Girl over the comics costumes. Mostly minor tweaks, but it does make a difference in breaking up a largely white expanse and adding visual interest in the details.

BANNED

I find that the Injustice Costumes often have a lot of superfluous elements that I don't find appealing. Random lines and armor. Too bulky. Strange basketball-like textures, and so on.