Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Composite Deathstroke VS The Flash

Composite Deathstroke takes on the Flash.

Deathstroke is also given 1 week of one sided prep, allowed to ambush Flash, and take hostages.

Who wins?

Round 1: CW Flash
    R2: JLU Flash
    R3: Comic Barry

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Deathstroke definitely has nothing to stop a Flash blitz, right? Nothing with feats for hitting an intangible speedster. No forcefields that Flash can't get through. No armor that can say the same. No way not to get dumped into the speedforce and no way to get back if he is.

This doesn't seem like a thing that Slade can take without PIS.

OK, I take that back, CW Barry will stand there and let Slade knock him out. That's kind of his signature move.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Actually, post-Flashpoint Slade once had access to the Speed Force, complete with time travel, and keeping up with pre-Flashpoint (?) younger Wally West. Maybe someone who actually has followed the Deathstroke comics can give us more details?

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

The IKON armour was soaking hits from Superman and reflecting the force at him automatically so... that might be able to drop a Flash if it catches him offguard.

Composite Deathstroke uses his week of prep like this:

Sunday: Signs into his Amazon Prime account and orders some military surplus landmines. Gets free two-day shipping due to his Prime membership. Begins cyber-stalking Flash to discover his identity or at least identify some relevant hostages. Cyber-stalks potential hostages in order to devise airtight plans to kidnap each of them.

Monday: Kidnaps hostages and finds a safehouse near the Arena where he can stash them. Goes shopping at CostCo for food and bottled water for hostages.

Tuesday: Watches a bunch of YouTube videos about pouring and setting concrete. Goes to a local big box hardware store and buys a wheelbarrow, cement, and a trowel. Receives delivery of landmines and posts favorable feedback for the seller.

Wednesday: Consults with the operators of the Khazan Arena regarding suitable time periods where he can visit and conduct prep.

Thursday: Digs up a section of the Arena floor and places landmines. Applies bonding material and then mixes and pours cement.

Friday: Allows 24 hours for the concrete to cure. Sprinkles some Arena sand on top to conceal the fresh concrete.

Saturday: Shows up in time for arena fight with hostages in tow.

EDIT: Oh wait, what was I thinking? This isn't Deathstroke's prep for this arena fight, this was his prep for fighting the Justice League while rescuing Doctor Light in Identity Crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post

Sunday: Signs into his Amazon Prime account and orders some military surplus landmines. Gets free two-day shipping due to his Prime membership. Begins cyber-stalking Flash to discover his identity or at least identify some relevant hostages. Cyber-stalks potential hostages in order to devise airtight plans to kidnap each of them.

Monday: Kidnaps hostages and finds a safehouse near the Arena where he can stash them. Goes shopping at CostCo for food and bottled water for hostages.

Tuesday: Watches a bunch of YouTube videos about pouring and setting concrete. Goes to a local big box hardware store and buys a wheelbarrow, cement, and a trowel. Receives delivery of landmines and posts favorable feedback for the seller.

Wednesday: Consults with the operators of the Khazan Arena regarding suitable time periods where he can visit and conduct prep.

Thursday: Digs up a section of the Arena floor and places landmines. Applies bonding material and then mixes and pours cement.

Friday: Allows 24 hours for the concrete to cure. Sprinkles some Arena sand on top to conceal the fresh concrete.

EDIT: Oh wait, what was I thinking? This isn't Deathstroke's prep for this arena fight, this was his prep for fighting the Justice League while rescuing Doctor Light in Identity Crisis.
    Like button! Like button!
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    The IKON armour was soaking hits from Superman and reflecting the force at him automatically so... that might be able to drop a Flash if it catches him offguard.
    Feats for stopping intangibles?

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Feats for stopping intangibles?
    I don't think it has it to my knowledge, it absorbs all forms of energy including kinetic, hence my use of "off-guard".

Technically there's no reason for Flash to be intangible as Slade is a statue to him whom he could fingerflick into submission so this could - feasibly - happen.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post

*snickers*
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I don't think it has it to my knowledge, it absorbs all forms of energy including kinetic, hence my use of "off-guard".

Technically there's no reason for Flash to be intangible as Slade is a statue to him whom he could fingerflick into submission so this could - feasibly - happen.
    Eh, based on the "enemy knowledge" proviso, I'd perhaps argue that at least comic Flash should know about the armor. Also, with bloodlust up and running, he'd go for a sure kill first, so...

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Eh, based on the "enemy knowledge" proviso, I'd perhaps argue that at least comic Flash should know about the armor. Also, with bloodlust up and running, he'd go for a sure kill first, so...
    I don't think such a temporary power-up would count as common knowledge. I mean, Superman didn't see it coming for example. Comic Barry might know about it, but only because Superman might have mentioned it to him over poker one night. (Or it could have been logged in the League files, but those wouldn't be common knowledge.) CW Barry and JLU Flash certainly wouldn't know. I vaguely recall JLU Flash being able to blow stuff up by phasing through it, but I don't actually know if Barry ever got good enough at phasing to use it offensively over punches and lightning bolts.

Can Barry speed steal? Because that would be my default strategy if I was capable of doing it.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchGemini View Post
    Actually, post-Flashpoint Slade once had access to the Speed Force, complete with time travel, and keeping up with pre-Flashpoint (?) younger Wally West. Maybe someone who actually has followed the Deathstroke comics can give us more details?
    Yeah, having read the first 25 issues of DC Rebirth Deathstroke by Christopher Priest, I can tell you that is more or less what happened. He used some kind of battery attached to his Ikon Suit to siphon the Speed Force from the younger Wally West introduced in the New 52 Flash run so he could go back in time and save his family from being ripped apart by his actions as a mercenary. In the process, he literally ran up against the pre-Flashpoint Wally West/Flash and actually got him to back down saying that Wally's edge against him had been speed and since now they were evenly matched in that regard, that edge for Wally was gone while Deathstroke was still a superior fighter and top-notch assassin.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Yeah, having read the first 25 issues of DC Rebirth Deathstroke by Christopher Priest, I can tell you that is more or less what happened. He used some kind of battery attached to his Ikon Suit to siphon the Speed Force from the younger Wally West introduced in the New 52 Flash run so he could go back in time and save his family from being ripped apart by his actions as a mercenary. In the process, he literally ran up against the pre-Flashpoint Wally West/Flash and actually got him to back down saying that Wally's edge against him had been speed and since now they were evenly matched in that regard, that edge for Wally was gone while Deathstroke was still a superior fighter and top-notch assassin.
    Umm...so....I guess Deathstroke stomps in all rounds?

Actually, I'm guessing he didnt actually display feats on Wally's level, although since he was able to back in time, he can at least match Barry.

Speedforce + Ikon Suit+ Godkiller sword + Teen titans immortality

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel-Studios Rep View Post
    Umm...so....I guess Deathstroke stomps in all rounds?

Actually, I'm guessing he didnt actually display feats on Wally's level, although since he was able to back in time, he can at least match Barry.

Speedforce + Ikon Suit+ Godkiller sword + Teen titans immortality
    Perhaps, and again, the edge for Deathstroke would still be his fighting skills, which on top of him having Flash-level super-speed . . . yeah, that's gonna be a hell of a speed blitz.
    The spider is always on the hunt.