Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dum Dum Dugan View Post
    It's not being wrapped up because when we last saw them in Realm of Kings they were still on the lowest caste of Inhuman society, that has never changed. Ignoring them isn't going to erase that black stain, and it just makes the Inhumans look bad. Not to mention that story had Medusa having Maximus make them go crazy so the Inhumans could save the day, not a nice way to wrap things up.

If you want people to stop calling the Inhumans slave owners, they need to address it instead of pretending it doesn't exist.
    If you want to stop people calling the inhumans slave owners, you just hand them a copy of that 30 year old comic where they free them and own no slaves for the following three decades ...

Ultimate Member

The primitives though for the most part seem to be far away from the Inhumans, out of sight...out of mind, like they're trying to hide them from the world, it's all nice that they want to stay away from the other Inhumans, makes them easier to hide and deny their existence...

X Gon' Give It to Ya Dum Dum Dugan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    If you want to stop people calling the inhumans slave owners, you just hand them a copy of that 30 year old comic where they free them and own no slaves for the following three decades ...
    They were still treated like slaves, even if they were technically freed.

And again, their last appearance had Medusa making them go crazy and revolt so the Inhumans could save the day, so it's not a nice way to leave things.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Yes, it made for a very compelling story. So why did Marvel get rid of them?
    I think the bigger question isn't why they got rid of the Inhumans but why they didn't get rid of them sooner. The first story was essentially about resolving the whole thing. Then they rolled back the resolution to do it again and again.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

now wait in Inhuman. as a diversion what a better move, UnSpoken give NuHuman to Medusa or He Give Alpha primitive ?. UnSpoken in InHuman he just want terrigen crystal he hide ?.

woo I can believe X-fan want story about Slavery. is it Nostalgia thing for you ?.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I literally have no idea what you're saying, sorry...
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Question

Ever since Marvel started giving Inhumans their big push, they just disappeared. Did anything happen to them or is Marvel just pretending they don't exist because the Inhumans having a slave caste makes them look bad?

https://abload.de/img/image15xvy.jpeg
    I have a wonderment about this question;

Was it asked cause your are Generally Interested in Learning the Answer to Expanded you Mind and Comic Book knowledge on apart of the Marvel Universe?!

Or is this just Another form of Comic Book Politics that have become All to Often on these boards and in Fandoms in General to Just Side hit on the Inhumans again to say they don't Deserve this Push cause of these parts of their history and the X-Men Controversies many keep saying?

Please Clarify?
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Nice false dilemma.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Nice false dilemma.
    Not Really, it is more apart of what I am coming to see more of as an ideal as a Comic Fan More of these days.

It seems like to many fans around these parts and I am sure other parts too. It is the Lost of their ideals of Adventure and Sense of Expanding their Fandoms with new teams and titles. Not saying some all don't do that on a level at times, but it seems that the Ideals of Personal Fandom Politics has taken over more in thread discussions then a general idealism of Interest, Expansion and Debate to LEAD to a Growth of ones fandom and general curiosity.

I have not read these stories yet about the Alpha Primitives, but I am sure I will soon down the line and I will find them interesting and expansive into the Marvel History as with any history in Marvel. I am sure an explanation to their current state is their too, but I want to LEARN about that and give the ideals that as many have said here it is a finished story.

But what I see here is an ever continuing expansion in saying, to those that are the ones invested in Inhumans the most, that story is Not done and is it covering up by Marvel?! Well, then we get into the intent of where this debate is going then don't we;

Are we TRYING to get another Answer to a Story many say is really done, is this about Expensive Curiosity to learn more?!

Or is this something else, cause it seems that way as well, as another Never Ending Debate to say something negative on the Inhuman's, cause that is where it seems this debate is going, AGAIN, like all these so called debates seem to go.
    Last edited by CJStriker; 01-30-2017 at 09:34 PM.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Niffleheim

CJStriker The Intent is blatantly obvious but it's kind of cute participating in the charade.

Question: How would one classify the Alpha Primitive?
    I haven't read a lot on the AP but what is their degree of sapience and sentience. If we were to compare them to AI like Vision (is he sentient?)
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Okay, since Alecto has been brought up more in this thread than she usually ever is I figure I should probably weigh in

The thing about the Alpha Primitives is they basically only show up when they play some kind of important role in the story. And, especially now, you couldn't just insert them into the background of a scene in the next issue of Uncanny Inhumans - if they show up you have to go into at least a little depth to answer the question of they were and what they're doing now (unlike most of the other citizens of Attilan who have been missing the past few years but could conceivably have been around the whole time). Presumably no writer has thought of anything they could do with the Primitives or would want to do with them or we'd have a story.

What I wouldn't mind is seeing someone mention that the Primitives haven't been seen since Attilan fell, and then acknowledging that if they made it through that okay they probably wouldn't want to come back. Anything more than that couldn't be done casually, and even then only certain characters could probably have that conversation without it seeming really out of place - no one's gonna sit down with the nuhumans and talk about that time Old Attilan had slaves as casual discussion or anything.

(I actually think that Alecto would be the best character to bring it up due to her history, but then she probably has less chance of showing up anywhere than the Primitives do, so we're both out of luck.)

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Not Really, it is more apart of what I am coming to see more of as an ideal as a Comic Fan More of these days.

It seems like to many fans around these parts and I am sure other parts too. It is the Lost of their ideals of Adventure and Sense of Expanding their Fandoms with new teams and titles. Not saying some all don't do that on a level at times, but it seems that the Ideals of Personal Fandom Politics has taken over more in thread discussions then a general idealism of Interest, Expansion and Debate to LEAD to a Growth of ones fandom and general curiosity.

I have not read these stories yet about the Alpha Primitives, but I am sure I will soon down the line and I will find them interesting and expansive into the Marvel History as with any history in Marvel. I am sure an explanation to their current state is their too, but I want to LEARN about that and give the ideals that as many have said here it is a finished story.

But what I see here is an ever continuing expansion in saying, to those that are the ones invested in Inhumans the most, that story is Not done and is it covering up by Marvel?! Well, then we get into the intent of where this debate is going then don't we;

Are we TRYING to get another Answer to a Story many say is really done, is this about Expensive Curiosity to learn more?!

Or is this something else, cause it seems that way as well, as another Never Ending Debate to say something negative on the Inhuman's, cause that is where it seems this debate is going, AGAIN, like all these so called debates seem to go.
    It's not about wanting to learn more or just bashing the Inhumans, it's about not liking how Marvel is currently whitewashing the Inhumans' flaws and expecting us to accepted a sanitized version that ignores their prior history.

If they dealt with the Alpha Primitives and their place in Inhuman society, and if they used the Unspoken as the complex and tragic character he originally was instead of making him another mustache-twirling villain, they could have some really interesting stories.

Instead they're acting like "The Inhumans are good, the Unspoken is evil," and we're supposed to pretend the prior stories didn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by DeathGods View Post
    CJStriker The Intent is blatantly obvious but it's kind of cute participating in the charade.

Question: How would one classify the Alpha Primitive?
    I haven't read a lot on the AP but what is their degree of sapience and sentience. If we were to compare them to AI like Vision (is he sentient?)
    They were originally portrayed as having limited intelligence, but in a storyline in the Marvel Knights FF series it was suggested that they were starting to evolve, and we met one who had human-levels of intelligence.

Niffleheim

OK I probably forgot but I was unaware of their ability to talk. Were there many evolving or is this Reyna just an outlier? Inhumans ingenuity isn't as advanced as the Kree it seems.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Extraordinary X-Man redrunner97's Avatar

I don't think it's fair to bring up real world slavery in direct comparison to Alpha Primitives.

Real human slaves were being with thoughts, feelings, emotion, humanity. Primitives were sterile, artificial, incapable of deep thought, emotion, and unable to have desires of their own. They were literally only able to function in the role of slaves, that's what they were genetically designed for. They were eventually given freedom, but because they were created without the want or desire to be free, most stayed in the role of a "voluntary slave" (so to speak).

The story tapered off and a couple writers tried to revive it a few times, but it never really went anywhere. And those writers' additions to the mythos, like suggesting they were evolving or gaining some sort of sentience, cannot overthrow the other 40+ years of Inhumans lore. Sentience wasn't the case before, it isn't the case after, so it's barely canon.

I'd personally LOVE to see the Alpha's make a comeback. Maybe the cloud affected them somehow wherever they are. I'd like to see that story, but it is unwritten at the moment. Still, I bet it'd be a hell of a lot more interesting that this thread, which is one big excuse to use the phrase "Inhuman Slave Owners" as many times as possible.

Black Bolt and Medusa's generation freed the slaves. That is a good thing right? They did what no other King or Queen before them would do, they overthrew the status quo established by their forefathers and pushed Inhuman culture in a more liberal, progressive direction. End of story... like 40 years ago.
    Last edited by redrunner97; 01-31-2017 at 12:06 AM.
    MY TOP 5 MARVEL HEROES:
    BLACK BOLT | CYCLOPS | SPIDER-MAN 2099 | WICCAN | MS. MARVEL

MY TOP 5 DC HEROES:
    BATMAN | MIDNIGHTER | SWAMP THING | INFINITY MAN | NIGHTWING

SPIDER-MAN 2099 APPRECIATION THREAD | MAN-THING APPRECIATION THREAD