Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Like Child Protective Services showing up at a super hero HQ to bust them for endangering children??
    Would be interesting if that were to happen, except they would have to have CRADLE backing them up, like how Child Protective Services --- as far as I would know --- is usually backed up by law enforcement in real life to facilitate pulling the endangered children out of the dangerous environment by preempting any attempts at resistance.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Why does that girl look so much like Moon Girl?

I guess Kamala's "mistake" was trying to go out of the way for safety...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Why does that girl look so much like Moon Girl?

I guess Kamala's "mistake" was trying to go out of the way for safety...
    I actually did think that was Lunella lol

Ditto. Really should've given her a different hairstyle or shape of glasses.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

That's how it starts, huh? And Kamala's there in her civilian identity, so that would explain how she ends up being the unwitting/unintentional face of the ban on teenage heroes.

Mighty Member

Kamala's law, really! Why does it seem like every young/teen hero story or event revolves around Kamala? Yeah she popular but does she always have to be front and center. Miles is just as if not more popular and a bigger hero with a bigger selling solo yet he is always playing second fiddle to Kamala. But I guess when Marvel chose to make her the face of the young heroes that was to be expected. I hope other teen heroes get more of the spotlight in this event and in general going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Kamala's law, really! Why does it seem like every young/teen hero story or event revolves around Kamala? Yeah she popular but does she always have to be front and center. Miles is just as if not more popular and a bigger hero with a bigger selling solo yet he is always playing second fiddle to Kamala. But I guess when Marvel chose to make her the face of the young heroes that was to be expected. I hope other teen heroes get more of the spotlight in this event and in general going forward.
    Would be nice, but I'm guessing that's because Miles is "another Spider-Man," since Marvel has an aversion to putting Spider-Men in the center of universe-wide events that don't spin out of their own titles or stories. From that vantage point, Kamala as the face of the modern teenage hero in the Marvel Universe makes sense, as there's more that can be done, dramatically speaking, with her character than with (a) Spider-Man, who is under considerably more editorial (and executive) pressure to "not compromise the brand," as it were, putting certain limits on his ability to grow and evolve as a character that Kamala wouldn't necessarily suffer from, fair or not.

This is a Champions storyline. Kamala is the leader of the Champions. That's probably the best explanation I can think of compared to Huntsman's well-thought out explanation.

Power Pack's mentor revealed: Agent Aether.
    https://www.cbr.com/marvel-comics-ne...tlawed-mentor/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Interesting Not Moon Girl is making a CRADLE group from the Champions preview we saw weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    Interesting Not Moon Girl is making a CRADLE group from the Champions preview we saw weeks ago.
    I'm definitely interested to see if that plays out in Miles' ongoing since its one of his classmates. I can definitely see her point of view as well since they're just coming off of the Ultimate Green Goblin attacking their school because he was trying to find Spider-Man (Miles).

Miles' downside is always going to be the fact that since Marvel is pretty hellbent on making Peter a Teenager in other media, he's almost always going to be the teenage Spider-Man they use. Into the Spider-Verse was basically lightning in a bottle. So when it comes to who to promote with the teenage characters, Kamala is always going to be the easy choice because she's both popular and doesn't have that barrier that Miles does.
    Last edited by CrimsonEchidna; 03-14-2020 at 07:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Power Pack's mentor revealed: Agent Aether.
    https://www.cbr.com/marvel-comics-ne...tlawed-mentor/
    Looks like he comes in at the nick of time to save the Pack from getting arrested again. He'll probably be too good to be true, but should be an interesting twist for the team. Would be kind of funny if their plan to solve the energy crisis goes awry and they get into more trouble with the law then they were before Aether entered into the picture.

What are those CRADLE agents approaching the Pack with? Are those the CRADLE equivalent of handcuffs? Hard to get a look at them, but I'm reminded of the Meta-Cuffs on The Flash TV show.
    I'm definitely interested to see if that plays out in Miles' ongoing since its one of his classmates. I can definitely see her point of view as well since they're just coming off of the Ultimate Green Goblin attacking their school because he was trying to find Spider-Man (Miles).
    I'm curious if Ahmed will do anything with her since she seems like an Eve Ewing creation.
    Miles' downside is always going to be the fact that since Marvel is pretty hellbent on making Peter a Teenager in other media, he's almost always going to be the teenage Spider-Man they use. Into the Spider-Verse was basically lightning in a bottle. So when it comes to who to promote with the teenage characters, Kamala is always going to be the easy choice because she's both popular and doesn't have that barrier that Miles does.
    And it's not like Miles isn't a major character in this storyline. He seems to be one of the major POV characters of the first issue of the Champions relaunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And it's not like Miles isn't a major character in this storyline. He seems to be one of the major POV characters of the first issue of the Champions relaunch.
    Oh yeah, If anything I can get the frustration from Sam fans and fans of the other champions that Kamala and Miles tend to get the most prominence.

Oh yeah, If anything I can get the frustration from Sam fans and fans of the other champions that Kamala and Miles tend to get the most prominence.
    True, but Sam's pretty vocal in the preview of the testifying to Congress scene and on covers so I figure he's going to be well-served here...I forget if Eve Ewing has talked about writing him alongside the other Champions she's writing.

I think in general this event is going to try and serve all the teen heroes as well as it can.