Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default The unified Sentry invades the DCU

The newly made-whole (Bob + Void in harmony) red-and-black-clad Sentry has made his way into the DCU, looking for a fight.

How far up the DCU foodchain does he get before someone can stop him?

Scenario 1: the Arena, one on one, standard Rumbles settings

Scenario 2: Every major setting in the DCU, from Metropolis to Gotham to Central City to Themyscria to Atlantis to Oa to the Rock of Eternity and Apokolips and everything in between. Each place's heroes and villains have a total of 15 minutes prep.

Full disclosure: am unsure of the new Sentry's feats or presentation

He killed someone with the Sentry's powers, who himself is in the "can do damage to Thanos but ultimately loses cuz of the mind whammy".

He makes it pretty far, really.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

I suppose it depends how seriously you take his wasting someone with his own previous power level post his power up.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    I suppose it depends how seriously you take his wasting someone with his own previous power level post his power up.
    I mean has he done anything else ?
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    He killed someone with the Sentry's powers, who himself is in the "can do damage to Thanos but ultimately loses cuz of the mind whammy".

He makes it pretty far, really.
    Ok, let's start there and just say that New Sentry is basically Old Sentry, minus the exploitable mental weakness and plus considerably increased stats across the board.

Who in the DCU can stop him without PIS?

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    I mean has he done anything else ?
    Not that I'm aware of, so I suppose you do have to take his power up at that.

Until we get something that contradicts the power up, yea. Our hands are tied.

Arx Inosaan

Is Bob v2.0 really immune to mind-whammy now?

Because in post-Crisis times, we always said that J’onn was probably one character who could actually beat him by attacking his mind at speeds far greater than Bob could perceive.

Mind you, I don’t know if the Rebirth/Afterbirth/Justtrappedwind version of J’onn even has that level of speed now.

These days they save the fast speeds for serial killers who Geoff Johns reliably(?) informs us are just not as awesome speedsters as Barry Allen no matter what we may think, or so I hear....

I wouldn't say he's immune specifically, just that in theory he's apparently mentally stable now or whatever as far as exploiting his instabilities.

Yea, worming your way into his head and calling him a "big ol' nerd" isn't going to work like it used to.

Arx Inosaan

In the same comic he becomes unified, he punches his way out of a mind whammy of sorts. I forget the villains name, but he was abusing psychic power and the mind prison thingy Strange gave Bob. Unified Bob just sorta yelled "nope" and broke out.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

BANNED

Question, so did he actually hurt Thanos ?

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mider2009 View Post
    He never has, afaik, but he's always been on the level where Thanos would at least feel his best shots, and that places him well beyond JL sorts of folks, or Heralds of Galactus for that matter.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by Mider2009 View Post
    He's never fought Thanos. But his languid, casual dismantling of Terrax should put him in the league of dudes that could maybe hurt him.

Also a plethora of other feats
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    He's never fought Thanos. But his languid, casual dismantling of Terrax should put him in the league of dudes that could maybe hurt him.

Also a plethora of other feats
    And who is Terrax's closest DC comp?

Also, it sounds like Old Sentry was already high-end herald class. Did he ever fight Silver Surfer? If so, how were the fights, close or stomp?

I get the sense that old Sentry is well beyond modern Superman (not Pre-COIE Earth-1 or stronger versions), but New Sentry might be in legit Skyfather range (non-artifact Thanos on up). Plausible?