Page 562 of 631 FirstFirst ... 62462512552558559560561562563564565566572612 ... LastLast
Results 8,416 to 8,430 of 9460
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Comic Book Addict View Post
    Big week for Namor, as he's in X-Men: Red and he was also in Rise of The Black Panther #2. Thoughts on Namor being a member of X-Men: Red?
    I am wary.

The first issue certainly didn't explain WHY Namor was on the team. I can't see this going over well with the Atlanteans, considering what happened on Namor's last turn with the X-Men.

I really want a Namor focused storyline, and sadly, I just don't see that happening in what we've seen of the setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    He actually stood up for Jean and has respect for her is a plus here, and I have a feeling Namor's going to help Jean with some of the political stuff she s gonna have to face.
    I'm not sure Taylor is going there, or how helpful Namor will be there.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I completely missed this yesterday.

But Athena-I did not!

From the tumblr: https://athena-i.tumblr.com/post/171...day-king-namor
    That's pretty damn cool.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

X Gon' Give It to Ya Dum Dum Dugan's Avatar

From Hudlin's story in the Black Panther annual.

I read through Civil War and some of the aftermath. I read the Submariner mini series, where Namor's son attempts a coup. I liked it a lot. I hadn't read much of anything with Namor in it before that but it was awesome.
    Always Forward. Forward Always.

This is a scream! Especially the last lines.

I admit to not enjoying the Panther and Namor rivalry or outright war. I find it very hard to dislike Namor for his actions, and perhaps easier to think of T'Challa as being a bit to blame too.

But this was funny and I enjoyed it.

I don't remember this at all. Of course, I was pretty disgusted with that book. ;p

Thanks for the scan! Namor is being far too generous.
    That series ended with your typical "everything went back like it used to with a pretty bow" ending. Hyperion and Namor literally put Atlantis back as if it were Lego. Namor in particular didn't seem very bothered that this team had assassinated him, destroyed his home, and displaced his people. Very disappointing end to a very disappointing series.

However, Robinson's Nick Fury book took another look at Atlantis after this series, and it looked spectacular. Maybe he did it to make up for this? Who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Dum Dum Dugan View Post

I was torn on this story. On one hand, it had a host of illogical problems (Why would Atlantis seek refuge on land when 70% of the Earth is covered in water and most of it is undiscovered?). Also made Namor seem desperate. Can't imagine him going this low, or ever fearing for his life enough to basically pimp out his own daughter. On the other hand, Namor didn't suffer an undignified death like I thought he would in a Hudlin fanfic lol
    Last edited by Of Atlantis; 02-25-2018 at 01:28 PM.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Thank you for sharing this!
    I'm not unhappy T'Challa admits he is hard to kill, made my day.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    This is a scream! Especially the last lines.

I admit to not enjoying the Panther and Namor rivalry or outright war. I find it very hard to dislike Namor for his actions, and perhaps easier to think of T'Challa as being a bit to blame too.

But this was funny and I enjoyed it.
    Namor had his reasons although some of his actions were excessive.
    What i didnt like about the war is it's too one sided, Atlantis apart from the initial wave, did'nt put a foot in.
    It made for a dull conflict.

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    I was torn on this story. On one hand, it had a host of illogical problems (Why would Atlantis seek refuge on land when 70% of the Earth is covered in water and most of it is undiscovered?). Also made Namor seem desperate. Can't imagine him going this low, or ever fearing for his life enough to basically pimp out his own daughter. On the other hand, Namor didn't suffer an undignified death like I thought he would in a Hudlin fanfic lol
    Namor did buddy with Doom and put Atlanteans in Latveria around Civil War.
    It's odd he did'nt rebuild it as he has so many times over and over again.

Marrying off children is a common way to form a truce for royal families..it's interesting to see how it affects the way both kingdoms are ruled.
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Thank you for posting the scans! Didn't know he was appearing there.

I don't care for Hudlin's Namor at all. In part, because of the points you brought up. Nor does Namor need T'challa to be inspired to start a family. He was raised as the heir to an hereditary monarchy and has been married twice, long before T'challa married. I also don't think Namor would name his daughter by a third wife, after his first wife. And I agree. He certainly chose his own spouses, without regard for politics. He might be forced into it, but I can't see him planning for it. But this seems to an alternate universe.

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    Thank you for sharing this!
    I'm not unhappy T'Challa admits he is hard to kill, made my day.

Namor had his reasons although some of his actions were excessive.
    What i didnt like about the war is it's too one sided, Atlantis apart from the initial wave, did'nt put a foot in.
    It made for a dull conflict.

Namor did buddy with Doom and put Atlanteans in Latveria around Civil War.
    It's odd he did'nt rebuild it as he has so many times over and over again.

Marrying off children is a common way to form a truce for royal families..it's interesting to see how it affects the way both kingdoms are ruled.
    Yes, not rebuilding Atlantis is one of those logic points Of Atlantis mentioned.

Namor took the Atlantean Army to Latveria, at the invitation of Doom, but not the bulk of his people. Of course, we never saw anything come of that, so we don't know exactly what the plan was behind that.

Yes, I imagine political marriages are part of the Atlantean royalty. However, Namor doesn't seem to believe in them, if we go by his own life. And he doesn't seem to view children, especially his own, as political pawns, if we are to go by his actions with Kamar. Of course, I thought most of that business with Kamar was out of character, also.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    That's pretty damn cool.
    I agree. And Athena-i has done this for a few years, with different images of Namor. A very talented person.

That series ended with your typical "everything went back like it used to with a pretty bow" ending. Hyperion and Namor literally put Atlantis back as if it were Lego. Namor in particular didn't seem very bothered that this team had assassinated him, destroyed his home, and displaced his people. Very disappointing end to a very disappointing series.

However, Robinson's Nick Fury book took another look at Atlantis after this series, and it looked spectacular. Maybe he did it to make up for this? Who knows.
    Doesn't sound like Namor, or anyone, for that matter. But yes, I agree. Especially disappointing for Namor fans, when Robinson said repeatedly that we shouldn't be upset, cause, again, he had plans for Namor. But, for the second series in a row, he kept messing around and never got around it to.

Atlantis looked good in that Nick Fury book, because of the artist, ACO. He not only appreciated Namor, but he was great with his layout and art. But I hardly felt like Robinson was making up anything to Namor fans, cause Namor wasn't even a guest star in that story. IIRC, ATTUMA had that part. Namor was entirely background.

And I'm probably alone on this, but I don't care for having air breathers just sauntering down to Atlantis, or worse, allegedly passing for Atlantean, without regard for the amazingly difficult environment they live in. We're talking about crushing pressure, that can break bones, collapse lungs, and cause nitrogen narcosis. And then there's the cold. And the darkness. Inhospitable doesn't cover it.

Quote Originally Posted by Comic Book Addict View Post
    I read through Civil War and some of the aftermath. I read the Submariner mini series, where Namor's son attempts a coup. I liked it a lot. I hadn't read much of anything with Namor in it before that but it was awesome.
    Those are definitely more modern Namor stories. The problem with the newer Namor appearances is that they are rarely stories centered around him -- that Sub-Mariner mini-series excepted. So he IS awesome where ever he appears usually, but you aren't going to get a Namor story, that develops and highlights the character. But you'd probably like Hickman's Namor, too. If you like the ... bluntness of Namor and humor, DEFENDERS INDEFENSIBLE is good. It's by the JLI creators.

Unless you like teenage characters / soaps, I'd avoid the 2002 Namor series done under the Tsunami imprint.

If you like older stories, like Silver Age and Bronze Age, I recommend Namor's 1968 series. But Namor is more outright heroic in those.

A sad anniversary for today. The death of Bill Everett in 1973. Here was a fitting tribute in Namor's book.

A variant cover by Stephanie Hans. Of course, being Bendis' Defenders, Namor isn't in it, but it's nice to see the OG Defenders remembered. "

A variant cover by Stephanie Hans. Of course, being Bendis' Defenders, Namor isn't in it, but it's nice to see the OG Defenders remembered. "

That's beautiful! A very talented French artist and I wasn't even aware of her existence... Shame on me! Her site his worth checking : here's the link to the cover art page : https://grainedepluie.com/portfolio/cover-art-2/
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

A sad anniversary for today. The death of Bill Everett in 1973. Here was a fitting tribute in Namor's book.

Such a great artist...
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post
    That's beautiful! A very talented French artist and I wasn't even aware of her existence... Shame on me! Her site his worth checking : here's the link to the cover art page : https://grainedepluie.com/portfolio/cover-art-2/
    Thanks for the link to her website! The first covers I saw from here were on Gillen's Kid Loki book, and I thought they were great. I think she usually does a darker more mysterious tone to her covers, which is missing from this one. But I do think it's the first time she's done Namor.

There's another French artist I was going to mention to you, if I haven't before, but now I can't remember his name. LOL! I'll post it when I find him.