Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

More like three books was one too many. No coincidence that Titans went away just after YJ launched - though Nightwing getting forced off the team didn't help!
    Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    The Young Avengers, and Champions don't have currently running television series. Those don't often help sales, but they can be helpful insurance to continue printing new issues.
    Their leaders will soon though. Both Hawkeye (which stars both Clint and Kate) and Ms. Marvel will be on Disney+.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

If this is true it'd be lame.
    Champions has characters I actually find interesting, which is more than I can say about any of the YA.

If it's true, some of the Champs are moving over. They need to replace Wiccan and Hulkling for sure, as Billy's in Strikeforce and it looks like Teddy will be in the cosmic books.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Is this a good chance to bring back Cassie after being stuck in limbo?

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

I mentioned this a while back, but I get the feeling that this is going to be an all-purpose "consolidated" team. Kind of a monkey's paw situation where it's not going to be the "classic" YA team that people are expecting.

With Marvel Rising being the big teen property that Marvel has been pushing, i wouldn't be surprised if the new team that gets launched next year more so resembles that.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

No, Marvel Rising will remain it's own thing (i.e. there'll be more comics). In fact, I'd say anyone in the Secret Warriors won't be a Young Avenger. America's the only ex-YA affected, but if Eli's back the patriotic YA spot is filled.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    Is this a good chance to bring back Cassie after being stuck in limbo?
    Yeah. Had Champions continued she was bound to at least end up on the reinforcement roster, having befriended Nadia. They may well end up both being involved in whatever this is, with Cassie favouring her old Stature abilities but still having access to the Stinger gear.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 09-26-2019 at 03:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    I mentioned this a while back, but I get the feeling that this is going to be an all-purpose "consolidated" team. Kind of a monkey's paw situation where it's not going to be the "classic" YA team that people are expecting.

With Marvel Rising being the big teen property that Marvel has been pushing, i wouldn't be surprised if the new team that gets launched next year more so resembles that.
    It's said that some Champions are being folded into it. Putting Viv and Riri there makes sense given the whole theme of "people who model themselves after the Avengers, but are decidedly not the Avengers". As long as they don't treat YA as a disposal name for the relaunch, it should be alright.

It's said that some Champions are being folded into it. Putting Viv and Riri there makes sense given the whole theme of "people who model themselves after the Avengers, but are decidedly not the Avengers".
    That applies to the majority of the Champs though. The ones it doesn't apply to are Nova (still a legacy hero, but Rich was never an Avenger, only a New Warrior), Snowguard (ditto, as Snowbird is from Alpha Flight), Pinpoint (not a legacy hero at all, though the name did once belong to a now depowered X student), Dust (also not a legacy, affiliated to X-Men), Bombshell (legacy to her mother, who's a villain), Locust (foreign legacy hero). The others are legacies to Captain Marvel (Kamala), Spider-Man (Miles), Iron Man (Riri), Wasp (Nadia), Hulk (Amadeus), Luke Cage (Power Man), Sam Wilson (Falcon and Patriot), and Vision (Viv). That's nine out of 15 current members.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    No, the Champions are 15-19 and the Young Avengers are 16-20, so they're roughly the same age.

I won't be surprised if Dust ends up back in the X-books. Patriot (Rayshaun Lucas) is definitely in danger since we now know Eli Bradley is usable again. If Zub's bucket list book turns out to be Alpha Flight I think he'll take Snowguard with him. So I wouldn't expect those three to be involved, whether the teams are merging or just being shuffled.
    The Young Avengers are older than that. Kate turned 21 on panel in the last YA book, and that was before the Secret Wars time-skips, so she's 22 by now, with Billy, Tommy, America, Teddy etc likely being 20-21 themselves, leaning towards 21 for the twins at the very least since Billy was legally drinking alcohol shortly prior to War of the Realms. Kate was the oldest of the bunch, but not by a whole lot, Cassie aside, who is probably 17 or 18.
    Last edited by Raye; 09-26-2019 at 04:23 PM.

How the hell does aging even work in these universes? I remember Cassie conveniently getting a few years older as everyone else remained the same, just in time for YA. I guess the space-time continuum being made of tissue paper has certain effects.

Marvel once again shifting their prominent teen Superhero team, only this time they go back to a classic .

(One of these days we'll get full-circle and they'll all be the New Warriors...).

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

How the hell does aging even work in these universes?
    It doesn't. If any character aging in relation to another happens to make sense it's a coincidence. As much as people try to have it make sense inconsistency is the rule. Age is best left vague, and if specific numbers it's still very likely someone will either forget or choose to ignore it for the sake of what they want to do with a character.
    Last edited by Personamanx; 09-26-2019 at 04:36 PM.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    It doesn't. If any character aging in relation to another happens to make sense it's a coincidence. As much as people try to have it make sense inconsistency is the rule. Age is best left vague, and if specific numbers it's still very likely someone will either forget or choose to ignore it for the sake of what they want to do with a character.
    this is true when you look at the big picture, but certain groups of characters are more closely linked in terms of age, and the Young Avengers as a group (the original ones at least) have pretty much stuck together in terms of age so that they can continue to be friends of about the same age. And doesn't change the fact that Kate did turn 21 on panel, prior to a year+ time-skip, (and went on to have her own PI business, reinforcing this point) and it appears Billy is now as well, so the others are likely in that ballpark too, with the exception of Cassie who always was a bit younger, so Cassie aside they are older than the Champions by enough that they are no longer quite peers.

Fantastic Member

Graduate the Eli, Wiccan, Hulkling, Speed, Kate, Cassie to full fledged Avengers and have them overlook the Young Avengers

If Wiccan and Hulking are gonna be MIA

I see the roster as Kate, America, Speed, Cassie, Kamala, Miles, Nova, Riri, Viv and I can see Ewing putting in 2 wild cards.