Page 725 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 225625675715721722723724725726727728729735775825 ... LastLast
Results 10,861 to 10,875 of 17573

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    It's getting ugly here, isn't it? Let's get something straight. Bernie would not lead us down a path toward a Soviet style authoritarian government, and Biden is not as clueless as he seems at times. One of them is most likely going to be the nominee, so we better not whip ourselves into a Bernie or bust mentality or Biden or bust mentality that won't let us vote for the other guy. Don't let your ego keep you from doing the right thing come November.
    Reposting for sanity purposes, everyone have a fun super tuesday.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmando7 View Post
    Biden/Bloomberg is looking more and more likely. The Huffington Post is calling what Buttigieg and Klobuchar did, right before Super Tuesday, a real garbage move. I also keep hearing people saying the Elizabeth Warren should concede ASAP, because that's the only chance Bernie has, and he is the only one who can beat Trump.
    Are they? The article I found called is "auspicious". Where did it say "a real garbage move"???

Dems Power Rush to Stop Bernie
    https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/ent...UTlTkIx3oivwrE

During a Biden campaign rally in Dallas, Buttigieg said he decided to support the former vice president’s campaign because it focused on “unity” and called a future Biden presidency one of “dignity” in the White House.

“I’m looking for a leader. I’m looking for a president who will bring us together,” Buttigieg said.

Biden, in turn, said he was deeply touched by the former mayor’s endorsement, comparing him to his son Beau Biden, who died in 2015.

“I look over at Pete during the debates, and I think, you know, that’s a Beau, because he has such enormous character,” Biden told supporters, calling the compliment the “highest” he could give. “Such intellectual capacity and such a commitment to other people. And folks, I can’t tell you how much it means to me that he would step up and endorse me.”

Awwwwwww... this gave me all the feels! Biden basically called Mayor Pete his political son!!! I'm not crying, you're crying. Shut-up. I'm cutting onions!

"We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    That seems like the most sensible version of it, to me.

That said, C(Professor Griff) might not actually be a part of the band at the Sanders/Public Enemy rally. It's just that he laid out the same version as Chuck of Flavor's issues that created problems in the band a few years back.

There's also that Flavor sued the band over money a couple of years back. That it's strictly Sanders driving some sort of an ideological wedge just gets less and less likely as you look at the individual pieces that make up the entire picture.
    Awwwww man, you had me, and the moment we left A, B and C behind and starting using names I got lost again. I agree it wasn't the ultimate reason, but regardless of if it was an excuse or not, isn't this... setting them up for a law suit? I could be wrong, maybe it's different in America, but in the UK I'm almost certain firing someone because of their political beliefs isn't allowed?

Though I will add, regardless, THANK YOU for explaining it better than two articles. Seriously, those reporters need to go, they utterly failed to convey the point/issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    https://twitter.com/davidplouffe/sta...73317254066178
    Bernie's basic problem right there. Win or lose on Super Tuesday.
    Agreed. And a problem ramped up by Sanders supporters. You actually need these people to win an election. How's the name calling gonna help you when it comes to the crunch?

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    At least Amy joined Pete in doing the right thing.

As my Grandmother used to say - "Now we separate the needy from the greedy."
    LOVE that phrase. Stealing it!

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    He'll probably get Tulsi to endorse him eventually, when she gets tired of running.
    Who?

(I kid, I kid... awwwww, I feel bad for any Tulsi supporters in this thread, she's become the Meg of the primary)

Quote Originally Posted by Superbat View Post
    I just cast my Super Tuesday vote for Bernie Sanders instead of Elizabeth Warren. Let me tell you why
    https://www.independent.co.uk/voices...-a9370766.html

After disappointing performances in the past four primaries, former mayor Pete Buttigieg and billionaire Tom Steyer announced over the weekend that they were ending their candidacies for president. Super Tuesday is just a day away and with three wins in the primaries by Bernie Sanders and one by Joe Biden
    HA! I love an article that in one sentence proves it's pointless to read and lazy propaganda. It should literally save all that energy of paragraph upon paragraph and write "GO SANDERS! BOO EVERYONE ELSE". At-least then it would be honest. Sanders didn't win three, he won two. And Pete WON Iowa and came 2nd in New Hampshire, which is "a disappointing performance" in nobody's book. Sorry, that's "nobody-who-is-sane's book"

The "opinion" of someone on politics who doesn't even know who won 4 states... is an opinion no-one should care about, and doesn't endear anyone to the cult of Sanders. Quite the opposite. You literally posted an article to remind everyone how awful and bias and lying Sanders supporters can be.
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 03-03-2020 at 03:39 AM.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Woahhhhhhh! Just looked at Elizabeth Warren's Twitter. Her latest post... dayum. I eventually stopped scrolling, because I couldn't find a non-Bernie Bro post telling her to drop out/endorse Sanders. Do people not understand telling someone to drop out has THE OPPOSITE effect? What possible motive would she have to help Sanders? Because his fans are being sooooo nice. She could get a major boost today. I just... don't understand what they think their nastiness will achieve?
    If she were a real progressive she'd endorse the progressive candidate who has a chance for the nomination, when she has no path and is just running out of spite.
    BB

You posted a gif of a rat flying off saying "Pete's exit." What makes you think I'd ever click a video or link you share again??? You have no political objectivity left, nor any basis for people to believe anything you say isn't horrendously doctored. Good bye.

Extremist Movements tend to categorize outsiders as friend or foe - if you agree with them or help forward their goals in any way you are a good person your other actions, no matter how heinous, are irrelevant. Everything is subordinate to the glorious cause. They are very much the ends justify the means type of crowds.
    We've actually seen that IN THIS VERY THREAD; very much a with us or against us totalitarian attitude. Which doesn't make anyone feel safe (well, maybe those in the selected Fields of Elysium; the rest will just be in Hades).

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    I'm not even saying that's not your right -- just that it shows that most of these purity tests are both subjective and hypocritical.
    Agreed! Ultimately Sanders just got support from a group that doesn't care about domestic violence. Whoop, whoop. Jealousssssss!

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    On one side you have a guy putting kids in cages and on the other you have a monster who wants to give everyone health care and college education. Truly like sailing between Scylla and Charybdis...
    Biden is very much Odysseus, I agree.

You are the one who doesn't understand, friend. Say Sanders & co get their revolution, I hope for your sake you never run afoul of your brethren by saying or doing something they don't approve of. If you do, you'll soon learn what authoritarianism (Fascism and Communism) is all about firsthand.
    Ding ding ding ding!

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    It's getting ugly here, isn't it? Let's get something straight. Bernie would not lead us down a path toward a Soviet style authoritarian government, and Biden is not as clueless as he seems at times. One of them is most likely going to be the nominee, so we better not whip ourselves into a Bernie or bust mentality or Biden or bust mentality that won't let us vote for the other guy. Don't let your ego keep you from doing the right thing come November.
    Sadly I think a lot of BernieBro's have had that mentality since Clinton, and it's probably just escalated since then.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    *Kieran waits patiently for all the Sanders supporters in the thread to condemn this, as they all said they would... to prove they don't agree with what the extreme Bernie Bros do*

Something tells me I'll be waiting for a while.
    Still waiting...

(I'm just kidding guys, I knew not a single Sanders support would actually condemn this, but it's nice to be proved right about their moral integrity)

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    I don't hate Sanders at all but I do have a low tolerance for hypocrisy and false accusations from people who support a candidate who won't even openly tell the truth about what his plans will cost the American public.

Again you're trying to make this personal and attack anyone who criticizes or disagrees with Sanders which is exactly why I said there's little point in discussing politics with you in an earlier post -- let me know when you get to the point of being able to explain how Sanders will pay for his programs without the support of Congress rather than constantly trashing others and making false accusations about people "hating" a candidate who wants to provide health care and free college tuition.

That's always your fallback -- Sanders is being attacked because people "hate" him and not because he's dishonest about disclosing the truth about the his programs and how he will pass legislation to pay for them, or because he openly seeks to cause division within the Democratic party, even though he claims he's not a Democrat, and thus not only jeopardizes this election but the entire foundation of the only political party standing between Republicans and total authoriarian rule.

Maybe you think that helps you win arguments on a message board, but it just drives people away from both you and your candidate. And I'll be straight up -- it's selfish as hell for you to behave that way when everyone else is going to have to deal with the consequences of said divisiveness, whether he wins or loses.
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 03-03-2020 at 04:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelMan View Post
    Evidently, Kamala Harris will endorse Biden.

Sanders is toast.
    Kamala dropped out before the 1st primary. She was polling 4th in her own state.

Amy and Pete endorsing Biden will hurt Bernie but Kamala doesn't change a thing.
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    If she were a real progressive she'd endorse the progressive candidate who has a chance for the nomination, when she has no path and is just running out of spite.
    Honestly, I'd rather Warren stays in.

- Bloomberg? You will essentially be asking for a "Pick The Jerk You Like Less..." scenario. I don't like Bloomberg's odds there.
    - Biden? Unfortunately, there is a pretty obvious scenario where he just can't put the win together.

Outside of Sanders, Warren is the only other one of the four who seems sharp and doesn't have her loss already halfway in the bag.

I'm not going to lie. Going into ST now I'm feeling depressed.

2 days ago I thought Bernie was on track to dominate but the other moderates dropping out/endorsing Biden, and Warren staying in the race tilt things to Biden. Texas is gone, and Bernie won't even win California by much.

Biden getting the nomination is bad enough, my family needs Medicare for All and deportations to stop, but it gets worse because Biden's got no chance of beating Trump in the general.
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Putin Calls For Russian Constitution To Define Marriage As Heterosexual

The Russian president is said to be aiming to modify the nation’s constitution to enshrine what he sees as moral and geopolitical values for future generations. Don't think bible thumpers and the Republicans who shamelessly slurp them aren't drooling over doing that here.
    This is one of those times where I do very much see "the red scare." It's not that this is not news, and not bad. But it's exactly the same as Putin bringing in the laws equivalent to section 28 in the UK in the 80s (where you can't 'promote homosexuality'). YES this is bad, but there are countries in the EU that did this YEARS ago (and still have it on their books). And countries in the EU in the last ten years that did this. And it's the same with 'marriage is a man and a woman' laws. Countries in the EU do it, no-one cares. Russia does it... and suddenly we're outraged.

Both are bad, obviously. But I wish we'd be better at critising our allies just as much as our... non-allies...

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    I actually agree with Corbyn regarding Nukes. Utter waste of time and money. Whomever fires at us is going to get obliterated anyway because no one lets rogue states exist, as an invasion deterrent our island status makes us reasonably safe and our enemies either dont have the fuel, political will or competency to actually invade. Also Trident leaves us tied to paying out constantly to the USA.
    I'm always torn on the issue of nuclear weapons. On the one hand I don't want them used, but on the other hand maybe the threat they could be used helps? I don't know? I mean we already got them? It's not like having to start from scratch. It's like chucking out an expensive set of champagne glasses, sure you already have a lesser pair and these ones are ugly as sin, but since you're having a party next week...

[in retrospect that was a TERRIBLE analogy, but it made me chuckle so I left it in for others to be amused by, enjoy!]

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    Reposting for sanity purposes, everyone have a fun super tuesday.
    You have a Totally Tubular Tuesday too.
    #the80scalled

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Obama needed congress approval to close Guantanamo Bay and move the inmates to other prisons.
    Oh yes, but that still goes with the "words vs reality" for candidates vs president.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Btw, the October Revolution was when the Communists took over Russia. You got it!

What are we deterring against though realistically?

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    What are we deterring against though realistically?
    Which is a point I absolutely agree with, except we don't know the true answer until it's too late. By which time a "ohhhhhhhhh yeah, that's why" won't help anyone. I would love for EVERYONE to decommission their nuclear weapons, but unless everyone does, you're basically handing everyone who has them more power, and decreasing your own. Plus... Trident is a lot a lot of jobs. That's a lot of people to make unemployed.

It's not a great scenario either way. But Corybn was wrong to say he wouldn't use them, as we need a leader to say they would. It's just how the game's played. I mean he won't lie about that, but lies about watching the Queen's speech?
    #priorities

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Honestly, I'd rather Warren stays in.

- Bloomberg? You will essentially be asking for a "Pick The Jerk You Like Less..." scenario. I don't like Bloomberg's odds there.
    - Biden? Unfortunately, there is a pretty obvious scenario where he just can't put the win together.

Outside of Sanders, Warren is the only other one of the four who seems sharp and doesn't have her loss already halfway in the bag.
    The good thing about Bloomberg is that he takes votes from Biden.
    BB

2 days ago I thought Bernie was on track to dominate but the other moderates dropping out/endorsing Biden, and Warren staying in the race tilt things to Biden. Texas is gone, and Bernie won't even win California by much.

Biden getting the nomination is bad enough, my family needs Medicare for All and deportations to stop, but it gets worse because Biden's got no chance of beating Trump in the general.
    You shouldn't worry about Texas. Bernie is still leading the polls, many of the early voting has been cast, Biden's campaigning is bad and not all Pete/Klobuchar voters go
    BB

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    She is a "real" progressive, being progressive isn't defined by backing Sanders.

For the spite thing, that's a double standard. It was fine for sanders to do that in '16, he certainly wasn't staying in past Super Tuesday because he had a path to the nomination.

Really sorry to hear that.

Hope that things take a turn for the better for you and your family.