Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Jonathan Hickman and C.B. Cebulski Talk "X of Swords" and Dawn of X's Future

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2020/03...ski-interview/

Nothing really new, but a few interesting tidbits. Some elaboration on the upcoming "shift".

The Moria stuff was the most interesting part of the interview basically once she shows up in the story the main plotlines are going to begin moving. So they are kinda holding it off for a little while (probably to milk all they can out of current status quo.)

Mostly that it's a crossover rather than an “event”, which we already knew.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

So, it seems like Moira X is the end game and once that gets going it will lead to the end.

I do like how Hickman thinks, why show her and have fans clamoring for where it leads when you can leave that dangling thread for the nuclear bomb of a finale.

Reminds me of the multiple Doctor Dooms that the Council of Reeds had lobotimized in FF or Rabum Alal. Once Hickman dropped those it was some of the most epic thing in the superhero medium.

BANNED

One of those is definitely the "Moira X" solo series, which Hickman provided a bit of an update on the status of.

"We are going to do that book. We know who is going to write that book," Hickman revealed. "I have talked to that person many times about it, very recently in fact. But we're not going to pull that. That's one of those things that once you start pulling that thread, everything accelerates. That book will happen when it is time for that book to happen. We've intentionally not shown more. Obviously. We'll see more this year."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    So, it seems like Moira X is the end game and once that gets going it will lead to the end.
    I wouldn't say it's the "end game," more like an important turning point.

Hickman's X-Men plans are too long range for the end game to start playing out after whatever revelation with Moira happens.

It's going to mark a big change, and a new phase in the storytelling, but I think we're a long way out from seeing the end game.

It'll be exciting to see how Moira X changes Krakoa

"We are still in the beginning stages of everything, because I intentionally knew that maybe people were going to take a little while to find their books," Hickman revealed. "And maybe it was going to take us a little while to figure out how we were all going to make all this work together. And what we found is that some people are jogging, some people are sprinting. None of it feels like failure, right? We're kind of still just playing around."
    Well, except for Fallen Angels. And there are probably a few of the Phase II ones that won’t last long if I had to guess. But for the most part I agree. I’m reading most of the X-books these days, and that hasn’t been the case for a long time.

It's strange that Moira simply went missing from the story after the bombastic retcon in hoxpox. Now I understand a little better their decision.

I'm very excited to see her title. I wonder how will the mutants react to her

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Well, except for Fallen Angels. And there are probably a few of the Phase II ones that won’t last long if I had to guess. But for the most part I agree. I’m reading most of the X-books these days, and that hasn’t been the case for a long time.
    But I don't think Fallen X was supposed to live beyond that story. Hickman said that some books that would be coming out had a set shelf-life from the get go. I felt that FA was one of them.

I find all of the below very interesting. They're playing around until Hickman feels it's time to pull the trigger on the big shift:

As both Hickman and Cebulski put it, the elasticity of "Dawn of X" has allowed for that creative freedom to come naturally.

"We are still in the beginning stages of everything, because I intentionally knew that maybe people were going to take a little while to find their books," Hickman revealed. "And maybe it was going to take us a little while to figure out how we were all going to make all this work together. And what we found is that some people are jogging, some people are sprinting. None of it feels like failure, right? We're kind of still just playing around.

Hickman added, "Now, I will put a stop to that at some point, because we have bigger and broader things that we're going to do. But while we're still discovering interesting things about the books — and we have a couple of new books that are getting ready to start that really work that way — I think we should just keep playing. The moment it feels stagnant, though, I'm just going to absolutely take an ax to it and be like, 'No, it's time to pivot hard.' Jordan [White] and C.B. and everybody at Marvel knows what we're doing. We just don't know when we're going to do it."
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

Fallen Angels was still outselling the Aveners main book. Judging from the schedule of Hellions announcement it seems more likely it was always planned as a 6 part story.

BANNED

comparing these interviews to his avengers time, he is clearly enjoying himself a lot more, it really seems like the x-writers are like a team with alll these meetings to set up the crossover.

If Hickman had a choice, he wouldn't do any interviews, he wouldn't let the X-Office or other writers do interviews, he would exterminate previews, and he would put every reader in ballgags and fuzzy handcuffs until the next week of books was right in front of them.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I find all of the below very interesting. They're playing around until Hickman feels it's time to pull the trigger on the big shift:

As both Hickman and Cebulski put it, the elasticity of "Dawn of X" has allowed for that creative freedom to come naturally.

"We are still in the beginning stages of everything, because I intentionally knew that maybe people were going to take a little while to find their books," Hickman revealed. "And maybe it was going to take us a little while to figure out how we were all going to make all this work together. And what we found is that some people are jogging, some people are sprinting. None of it feels like failure, right? We're kind of still just playing around.

Hickman added, "Now, I will put a stop to that at some point, because we have bigger and broader things that we're going to do. But while we're still discovering interesting things about the books — and we have a couple of new books that are getting ready to start that really work that way — I think we should just keep playing. The moment it feels stagnant, though, I'm just going to absolutely take an ax to it and be like, 'No, it's time to pivot hard.' Jordan [White] and C.B. and everybody at Marvel knows what we're doing. We just don't know when we're going to do it."
    Eheheh I'm so happy that we're still in the world building stages.