Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    More parties isn't better no - fewer parties is the ideal. And by fewer I mean none. No conservative party, no liberal party, no political parties at all. Just a field of candidates who have to stand on their own merits.
    You could outlaw political parties and it wouldn't matter. The same people would work together and would be de facto parties.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    As a Texan, I'm just glad that Abbott beat Bozo O'Rourke. I would take just about anyone over that nutjob.
    And this train of thought reminds me why I want Mexico to take Texas back.

That said, Beto shouldn't have been the nominee. He should have worked with the party to get someone else elected. From everything I'm hearing, he wasn't a very good candidate this time around. But he's still better than Abbott.

As a Texan, I'm just glad that Abbott beat Bozo O'Rourke. I would take just about anyone over that nutjob.
    I guess you are in favor of women dying and using State tax funds for political stunts. What makes Beto a "nut job" in your opinion?
    It's funny how Trump supporters see centrist Democrats as "far left nutjobs". Meanwhile I bet you support Hershel Walker in Georgia, who actually has mental health issues.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 11-22-2022 at 11:09 AM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Well, I hope you’re glad come January when the power grid goes tits up in the middle of winter because Abbott paid more attention to cheap political stunts like busing immigrants to blue cities instead of working on keeping the infrastructure properly working.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member

I just don't want open borders and releasing dangerous criminals way before their sentence is up, which is what O'Rourke was planning to do.

More parties isn't better no - fewer parties is the ideal. And by fewer I mean none. No conservative party, no liberal party, no political parties at all. Just a field of candidates who have to stand on their own merits.
    Parties serve to check each other’s actions and their own leadership to an extent. The system you’re suggesting would make it much easier for a single individual or cabal to consolidate enough power to dominate.
    Honestly, nearly any system of government could fully benefit its citizens if human greed could be taken out of the equation. Good luck with that though.

Not related to that: SLAVA UKRAINI!
    Last edited by Jack Dracula; 11-22-2022 at 11:45 AM.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

I just don't want open borders and releasing dangerous criminals way before their sentence is up, which is what O'Rourke was planning to do.
    None of that is true. But you do your Right Wing Talking points.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    None of that is true. But you do your Right Wing Talking points.
    And you continue to live with blinders on.

As for O'Rourke, any of you can come get him and bring him to your state. We Texans will deal with Abbott. He's been great for us so far.

Ok, I’ll bite. Where is this information coming from?

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

And you continue to live with blinders on.

As for O'Rourke, any of you can come get him and bring him to your state. We Texans will deal with Abbott. He's been great for us so far.
    You have some of the highest taxes in the country with some of the shittiest infrastructure to show for it, your governor straight up outlaws human rights and existence(abortion and trans people), and you got a bunch of dead kids on your hand, how is any of that good?

BANNED

Not really - strangest thing I think is why they're even bothering. Seems like a waste of resources and energy, they're not going to win anyone over.
    I don't know who the other guy/gal is, so it's not like I can speak for him/her, but I don't see what I would be winning by that. Some common ground would be nice, but if we can't agree that killing 11 unarmed men is wrong, it probably doesn't exist. I will keep looking for it, on both sides. If someone has some video about Russian war crimes, I have no problem looking at it.

Quote Originally Posted by nose norton View Post
    I don't know who the other guy/gal is, so it's not like I can speak for him/her, but I don't see what I would be winning by that. Some common ground would be nice, but if we can't agree that killing 11 unarmed men is wrong, it probably doesn't exist. I will keep looking for it, on both sides. If someone has some video about Russian war crimes, I have no problem looking at it.
    https://www.russianwarcrimeshouse.org/

https://www.forbes.com/sites/nichola...h=6f191deb5210

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-investigators

I am sure RT disagrees.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 11-22-2022 at 12:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nose norton View Post
    How about we find common ground while discussing the mass graves found in Izium or the atrocities committed at Bucha.

Extraordinary Member

And yet people are flocking to Texas all over the place. We must be doing something right.