Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Composite Sword vs Composite Gun

Gun needs to be something a single person can wield. So like not a starship main cannon lol.

Two people of equal stats get to wield a composite fictional sword vs a composite fictional gun
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Is there a sword that can match the Saint of Killers guns? They basically kill anything they hit, including Satan and GOD.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Is there a sword that can match the Saint of Killers guns? They basically kill anything they hit, including Satan and GOD.
    Those guys are not really impressive. As Elric Stormbringer sword ended his universe and retconned into our reality.

Not to mention countless swords have automdefence abilities, and wave motion blade style sword beams.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Where do the Gunblades fit?
    Or that gun that the Punisher had that shot swords.

Overall, I think we are going to get more magical/mystical swords than guns, and that will push it to the sword side.
    ---

Sincerely,

Melchior, the Geddon Knight

There is also the Colt from Supernatural.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    Those guys are not really impressive. As Elric Stormbringer sword ended his universe and retconned into our reality.
    Stormbringer's not really a sword though. It's a demon that looks like a sword. Or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Stormbringer's not really a sword though. It's a demon that looks like a sword. Or something like that.
    I think anything that's in the shape of a sword counts.

Some noteworthy swords:

The Possible Sword (The Scar) makes every possible cut the wielder could have made, though this includes the wielder cutting himself if he is unskilled.

Vanth Dreadstar's sword granted him immortality, rapid healing, and superhuman strength. It was capable of blocking a wide variety of attacks and also absorbing energy from attacks, including multiple nuclear weapons.

Stormbringer (Elric series) drains the lifeforce of victims and converts that into strength and vitality for the wielder. This energy was overwhelming when the sword slew a god.

Nemesis (from the Alpha Flight comic) used a magical sword that was as thin as an atom, and could slice through anything.

Doomgiver (of the Twelve Swords books) turns any attacks against the wielder back on the attacker.

Coinspinner (12 Swords) makes the wielder lucky and opponents unlucky.

Shieldbreaker (12 Swords) protects the wielder from all incoming attacks except for unarmed attacks.

Farslayer (12 Swords) can kill any one opponent, regardless of distance, protection, or fortification. The wielder simply thinks about the intended target and the sword launches itself like a missile towards the target. It has slain even gods and demons.

Mighty Member

Before it was a gun the previous Saint of Killers weapon was a sword...

Some noteworthy guns:

Lawgiver (Judge Dredd) can fire a wide range of ammo types, including armor piercing, incendiary, heat-seeking, signal flare, and even a ricochet bullet.

Junkjet (Fallout 4) can fire anything.

The Bobo Splitter (Shadowfist/Feng Shui) fires two bouncy balls connected by a monomolecular wire that can slice through anything.

I can't remember the name of the weapon, but there was a auto-firing gun in Coils (by Roger Zelazny and Fred Saberhagen) that automatically shot everything within range except the wielder.

Sword of Grayskull
    Sword of Omens
    Various versions of Excalibur

Twilight.

Yknow, Surtur's sword.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

The ultimate archetypal form of the Black Sword, i.e. the thing Stormbringer is an incarnation of, wasted the cosmic balance of the multiverse, soo..

Between that and the various powers the person up and blocks attacks swords, the sword using person should be fine here.
    Last edited by Pendaran; 01-03-2018 at 03:58 PM.

Swords then? Damn good reason in rpgs I stick to Fists, powers, or in this case, swords.