Page 493 of 828 FirstFirst ... 393443483489490491492493494495496497503543593 ... LastLast
Results 7,381 to 7,395 of 12411
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ragged Maw View Post
    Are you talking about the current F4 in the comics or the 70s version?
    In general, although I agree it's improved a lot. I kinda fell off F4 comics because I could never get into them. But maybe they've improved?

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Dem's comic books for you sometimes.

Wiccan and Speed were pretty much reality-warped into existence, so they came into being as teenagers.
    I have the Avengers West comics with them as babies when it was revealed they were really parts of Mephisto's soul, and they were erased from Wanda's mind. I also collected Young Avengers during that comic's first run. What I don't have are the books explaining how they ended up back alive again in the first place with other families, initially thinking they were the kids of those other people. Were they adopted?
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    I have the Avengers West comics with them as babies when it was revealed they were really parts of Mephisto's soul, and they were erased from Wanda's mind. I also collected Young Avengers during that comic's first run. What I don't have are the books explaining how they ended up back alive again in the first place with other families, initially thinking they were the kids of those other people. Were they adopted?
    Spoiler alert

If I remember correctly they were reincarnated into bodies of children in separate families. Think it was in Young Avengers

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I checked it and I think it's Rhodey Stark.
    Rhodey Stark?

If so, it almost seems like she could have been part of one of those Hickman setups.
    That's it!

Also, during the Bendis time displaced All New X-Men we see a couple versions of X-men from the future, one of the teams has the future daughter of Storm and Black Panther.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    That's it!

Also, during the Bendis time displaced All New X-Men we see a couple versions of X-men from the future, one of the teams has the future daughter of Storm and Black Panther.
    Oh yeah, that relationship.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Luke Cage?
    One example of out how many POC superhero kids?!?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/...?ocid=msedgdhp

Apparently a senior staffer at Teen Vogue, Christine Davitt, who supported McCammond being ousted apparently has some old social media posts using the N-word.

Today's lesson? Don't throw stones.
    Now that u mention it...about "Don't throw stones"....Derrick Jaxn says hello!!

Extraordinary Member

This is an odd idea, but has anyone noticed how white characters have children as legacy characters but PoC characters don't?

Both Ant-Men have daughters who are heroes (Wasp and Stature), Scarlet Witch and Vision have Wiccan and Speed, Thunderstrike (Eric) had Thunderstrike (Kevin), Mr. Fantastic and Invisible Woman have Franklin and Valeria, Cyke and Phoenix have Cable and Rachel, Wolverine has Daken and X-23, Spider-Man has Spider-Girl, Captain Marvel has Hulkling, Quicksilver and Crystal have Luna, etc. Vision also has Viv but they're not technically human.

Meanwhile none of the PoC legacy characters are children of older PoC heroes. Storm, Black Panther, Falcon, War Machine, Spectrum, Shang-Chi, Bishop, etc. have no "legacy children". What gives? I'm not saying younger heroes have to be related to older ones, in fact I prefer they don't, but why do only white heroes get to have children who become heroes?
    Luke Cage, BLue Marvel.

Also Blade was close to having a daughter Fallon Grey, who might end up in his MCU movie.

Marvel was going to give Misty/Iron Fist a kid, but chickened out. She appears in future stories.

Other PoC offspring who show up in future stories are Black Panther/Storm children,Mikes/Gwen children, heck the whole reason Carol just broke up with Rhodey is that she met his future daughter with some other woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    One example of out how many POC superhero kids?!?
    i mean... there aren't many POC heroes period.

A lot of the "names' like Rhodey or Falcon are sidekicks.

How many big POC heroes are there really at Marvel? Panther, Cage, Miles, and ... ???

(someones gonna say storm but she can't hold a solo like all the other Xmen not named Wolverine)

To get the development needed to have a kid, you have to be around. A lot. And have writers that care. A lot.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Luke Cage, BLue Marvel.

Also Blade was close to having a daughter Fallon Grey, who might end up in his MCU movie.

Marvel was going to give Misty/Iron Fist a kid, but chickened out. She appears in future stories.

Other PoC offspring who show up in future stories are Black Panther/Storm children,Mikes/Gwen children, heck the whole reason Carol just broke up with Rhodey is that she met his future daughter with some other woman.
    Why'd they chicken out?

Also, isn't Gwen considerably older than Miles?

How many big POC heroes are there really at Marvel? Panther, Cage, Miles, and ... ???

(someones gonna say storm but she can't hold a solo like all the other Xmen not named Wolverine)

To get the development needed to have a kid, you have to be around. A lot. And have writers that care. A lot.
    Spectrum is also a well-known WoC although she hasn't may solos, but she led the Avengers once I believe. You could also make the case for Shang-Chi and Ms. Marvel gaining notoriety. Plus I don't think every hero needs to hold a solo to be good.

Why'd they chicken out?

Also, isn't Gwen considerably older than Miles?

Spectrum is also a well-known WoC although she hasn't may solos, but she led the Avengers once I believe. You could also make the case for Shang-Chi and Ms. Marvel gaining notoriety. Plus I don't think every hero needs to hold a solo to be good.

Miles and Gwen are about a couple of years apart. She's in college, but a freshman I think, and I'm pretty sure Miles is 16.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Miles and Gwen are about a couple of years apart. She's in college, but a freshman I think, and I'm pretty sure Miles is 16.
    Really, I thought she and Peter were already older than that when she "died", and at least a few years have passed since then. Still, it's a bit inappropriate, isn't it?

Really, I thought she and Peter were already older than that when she "died", and at least a few years have passed since then. Still, it's a bit inappropriate, isn't it?
    The original Gwen Stacy, Peter's one and only, who definitely never would have cheated on him with Norman fragging Osborn in the second worst spider-man story ever written, Is dead, and has remained dead. They thought about bringing her back in brand new day, but that didn't happen.

Spider Gwen, who's been given the super creative moniker of Ghost Spider, is a young adult from another earth. She's been shipped with Miles. I don't really see it as super inappropriate. I mean there's no predation/power dynamic thing between them.

Mighty Member

Well said......agreed!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Why the trope of Black-Asian conflict in the face of anti-Asian violence dismisses solidarity
    Jennifer Lee and Tiffany Huang

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/how-w...es-solidarity/
    And it is still heavily promoted today in Hollywood where Asians girls are STRICTLY with white boyfriend's in A Western made media (videogames, tv, movies, etc).