Page 166 of 360 FirstFirst ... 66116156162163164165166167168169170176216266 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,490 of 5394

Thread: Latest orders!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Batarang View Post
    Nice Haul. I didn't know that Geoff Johns wrote for humanoids. I need to check that out.
    It was a blind buy for me but with Johns and Guice I figured the $10 was worth a shot.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

All-New Member

Week #3 pickups (past 2 weeks have been posted previously in this thread).

Quote Originally Posted by OriolesMagic18 View Post
    Week #3 pickups (past 2 weeks have been posted previously in this thread).
    Man, that fifth Hellboy LE is huge, compared to the Man-Thing omni below!
    I just got my first two and suddenly realized I need a new shelf for these, beautiful books by Dark Horse indeed.

Fantastic Member

5 and 6 of the Hellboy LE books are ginormous! Great content too...can't wait for Vol 7 to be announced.

All-New Member

So many great books.

BANNED

Here is my latest haul

Here is my latest haul

well you went into that top cow phase big time I see Really nice looking books but I know I would quit them after 2 issues. Not my cup of earl grey.
    On the other hand loved Habibi (and was surprised by the amount of negative reviews about it).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    well you went into that top cow phase big time I see Really nice looking books but I know I would quit them after 2 issues. Not my cup of earl grey.
    On the other hand loved Habibi (and was surprised by the amount of negative reviews about it).
    Yeah, i got nostalgic and grabed some Top Cow books. A talk with some friends ignited the flames of nostalgia in me... one of my friends started to talk about his The Darkness trades and i was like The Darkness, Witchblade... oh how i liked them when i was 15 and stuff... what happend to them ? well, i better find out lol so you see the foundation of finding out part in the picture above now lol Too bad you don't like them. Actually i don't know if i like all of them yet. I just read The Witchblade vol. 1 and liked it. The Classic Heroic stuff, saving the world from an apocalyptic event with horror elements and cops and evil priests. lol The art was beautiful and writing was good and easy to follow. Habibi had many negative reviews ? i didn't know that... i just watched a girl who i regularly watch on youtube talk about it, she really liked it so i picked it up.

Yeah, i got nostalgic and grabed some Top Cow books. A talk with some friends ignited the flames of nostalgia in me... one of my friends started to talk about his The Darkness trades and i was like The Darkness, Witchblade... oh how i liked them when i was 15 and stuff... what happend to them ? well, i better find out lol so you see the foundation of finding out part in the picture above now lol Too bad you don't like them. Actually i don't know if i like all of them yet. I just read The Witchblade vol. 1 and liked it. The Classic Heroic stuff, saving the world from an apocalyptic event with horror elements and cops and evil priests. lol The art was beautiful and writing was good and easy to follow. Habibi had many negative reviews ? i didn't know that... i just watched a girl who i regularly watch on youtube talk about it, she really liked it so i picked it up.
    started reading the Darkness compendium v1 but after Ennis left it went downhill and even nostalgia couldn't save it for me. This type of art is not my thing so I don't even have that going on.

Read some comments and reviews about Habibi complaining about sexuality, religion and even accusing it being typical oriental fiction written by white men.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    started reading the Darkness compendium v1 but after Ennis left it went downhill and even nostalgia couldn't save it for me. This type of art is not my thing so I don't even have that going on.

Read some comments and reviews about Habibi complaining about sexuality, religion and even accusing it being typical oriental fiction written by white men.
    I read first 4 volumes of Darkness like 12 years ago or something and really liked them... (so i ordered The Darkness compendium vol. 2 too lol) I really like the characters here, aspecially The Darkness...i think he's pretty cool so i can endure to some medicore stuff about him, i guess. I read 7 volumes of Drizzt books dude...( i couldn't make it more than 7 books, one can undure only so much lol ) i can endure medicore even inconsistent writting for sometime if i believe that the main character is cool lol...

I don't mind sexuality, or a good old heresy here and there lol i have never read oriental fiction written by white men before so i think i won't be able to tell if it's typical stuff... but i kind of checked the art out and saw that the story is really tragic... involves some serious issues so i will be in a serious mood when i read it.
    Last edited by Batarang; 09-24-2016 at 02:26 PM.

I read first 4 volumes of Darkness like 12 years ago or something and really liked them... (so i ordered The Darkness compendium vol. 2 too lol) I really like the characters here, aspecially The Darkness...i think he's pretty cool so i can endure to some medicore stuff about him, i guess. I read 7 volumes of Drizzt books dude...( i couldn't make it more than 7 books, one can undure only so much lol ) i can endure medicore even inconsistent writting for sometime if i believe that the main character is cool lol...

I don't mind sexuality, or a good old heresy here and there lol i have never read oriental fiction written by white men before so i think i won't be able to tell if it's typical stuff... but i kind of checked the art out and saw that the story is really tragic... involves some serious issues so i will be in a serious mood when i read it.
    it's not really tragic, although there is some death in it. By oriental fiction I mean the type when the white man goes to the east and saves everyone (like Flash Gordon) because he is superawesome magic whiteman. Happens more than you would think some say even The Shadow is sort of like that or Iron fist and Doctor Strange although I would argue that in these cases the white men found redemption in eastern magic and wisdom and used it to make their western world better. Not trying to argue against causal racism but there are different levels and intentions.
    Anyhoodles, Habibi is not like the above but it has a middle eastern setting and some probably had issues because it is written and drawn by a white man even though with a lot of respect. It is not blasphemous at all (don't expect Ennis) it just uses religious themes and sexuality and mixes it with social issues and an unusual love story.

Well as I've put before, the only way I buy "comics' now is via Comixology, when there's a "tempter" in the sales.

On that basis, just bought Jonathan Hickman run on Secret Warriors.

Often been tempted to buy his run on Fantastic Four...never quite made my mind up for various reasons...so figure that reading this may well decide me one way or the other.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    Well as I've put before, the only way I buy "comics' now is via Comixology, when there's a "tempter" in the sales.

On that basis, just bought Jonathan Hickman run on Secret Warriors.

Often been tempted to buy his run on Fantastic Four...never quite made my mind up for various reasons...so figure that reading this may well decide me one way or the other.
    Hickman's Fantastic Four is one of the best runs I've ever read. Far superior than Secret Warriors, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dames View Post
    Hickman's Fantastic Four is one of the best runs I've ever read. Far superior than Secret Warriors, IMO.
    And Secret Warriors is great!

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Dames View Post
    Agreed. I love both runs, but his FF is better.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor