Page 656 of 827 FirstFirst ... 156556606646652653654655656657658659660666706756 ... LastLast
Results 9,826 to 9,840 of 12392

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I saw the trailer- cicada seems a lot like darth Vader, with the heavy breathing. Some of this sounds good, but I may wait until after lonsdale leaves to tune back in.

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

I'm still think that Nora's a twin and she did something that killed her brother and she's trying to fix her mistake.

I also hope Sue Dearbon is introduced either as a friend of Celia's or as the West's new nanny.

Retired

Well of the five super-hero show trailers, the only two that excited me were FLASH and LEGENDS and I'd probably give the edge to FLASH as it teased more of what will happen through the next season.

ARROW was cool--but I imagine it's just the first episode that's being teased--and Richard Dragon's appearance killed my interest. SUPERGIRL re-used a lot of footage from last season (including one scene they had repurposed already). And BLACK LIGHTNING didn't show any new footage or present any idea of what will happen in the coming season.

CW producers have an inventive way of screwing up their seasons--but there's so many good plotlines they have to explore this season of FLASH, I wonder exactly what they're going to do to mess any of them up. You've got the Nora drama, Iris going back to being a reporter, Ralph being a detective, the new Sherlock Wells, Joe and Cecile with a new baby and the back story on Killer Frost and how that ties into the main season villain. The only one of the regulars left out is Cisco, but I gather he'll have more interactions with Ralph.

Of course, it's hard to do trailers for these shows when they may have only filmed one or two episodes and a lot of the post-production effects aren't complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Well of the five super-hero show trailers, the only two that excited me were FLASH and LEGENDS and I'd probably give the edge to FLASH as it teased more of what will happen through the next season.

ARROW was cool--but I imagine it's just the first episode that's being teased--and Richard Dragon's appearance killed my interest. SUPERGIRL re-used a lot of footage from last season (including one scene they had repurposed already). And BLACK LIGHTNING didn't show any new footage or present any idea of what will happen in the coming season.

CW producers have an inventive way of screwing up their seasons--but there's so many good plotlines they have to explore this season of FLASH, I wonder exactly what they're going to do to mess any of them up. You've got the Nora drama, Iris going back to being a reporter, Ralph being a detective, the new Sherlock Wells, Joe and Cecile with a new baby and the back story on Killer Frost and how that ties into the main season villain. The only one of the regulars left out is Cisco, but I gather he'll have more interactions with Ralph.

Of course, it's hard to do trailers for these shows when they may have only filmed one or two episodes and a lot of the post-production effects aren't complete.

My feelings as well!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Amazing Member

I saw the trailer for Flash and I'm interested to see where it goes. I don't really get the dislike for season 4. I rather liked it. Devoe was a great and interesting villain, it was a season without a speedster villain (nice change of pace), Barry and Iris got to get married (even if it got hijacked by Olicity... not cool), Ralph was hilarious. Okay, "Girls Night Out" was horrible as an episode, and I didn't watch an episode or two after Ralph died, but that was only because I was upset by that and the show had a depressed feel that I just didn't feel like putting myself through, much like with Arrow season 3. But that was on me, not the show. Flash SHOULD have been depressing at that point. Though seeing Earth-X Laurel didn't help either... Old wounds.

I'm interested see Cicada, worried about what he'll do, interested in Nora, the Flash ring (finally that gets there. XD). I have to say, I don't like Nora's codename, XS. I get that it's from the comics and a different character, I just personally don't really like the name itself very much. But who knows, maybe it'll grow on me.

Also hoping Nora's middle name is Dawn and that she gets a brother. Let the canon be merged! XD

Out of all the Arrowverse shows, I'm looking forward to this one the most. Looks exciting. I guess second would be...Supergirl? The rest I'm meh about, especially Arrow.

Retired

The funny thing is, I'd been thinking that XS is an odd name, because the average person would think it means extra small--as clothes have XS sizes, especially for women. And then the trailer came along and Nora said it was a nickname Barry had for her when she was little. So it probably was a reference to her size. One can imagine a little Jessica Parker Kennedy was very small as a child--and her father could have called her XS, because she was extra small.

BANNED

Sigh. I hate when the database gets like this.
    Last edited by AJBopp; 07-25-2018 at 07:06 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Elegant Dreamer View Post
    I'm still think that Nora's a twin and she did something that killed her brother and she's trying to fix her mistake.

I also hope Sue Dearbon is introduced either as a friend of Celia's or as the West's new nanny.
    My guess would be if there's a family secret like that, then cicada is probably a relative and nora did something that caused the turn to evil. Would be a nice turn to have a bad guy they aren't trying to defeat, but rather save. I think I'm out though until they stop having a season long arc.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    My guess would be if there's a family secret like that, then cicada is probably a relative and nora did something that caused the turn to evil. Would be a nice turn to have a bad guy they aren't trying to defeat, but rather save. I think I'm out though until they stop having a season long arc.
    I don't think Cicada is going to be that related.

From the casting call it seems like his big deal is that he's anti-Metahuman, and that it's connected to his powers (not that that has anything to do with comic Cicada, but so it is).

Mighty Member

Grant Gustin Gives Look At New Season 5 Suit

Last edited by Beantownbrown; 08-11-2018 at 09:27 AM.

BANNED

There was a leaked photo of Gustin in the new suit, which is slimmer and has textured spandex instead of leather. The photo was circulated and many people were shaming Gustin and making fun of how skinny he looked in the suit. The suit has no leather so it's better fitting for Gustin's body type, and I guess that made people feel like they could bully him for something as simple as that.

Here was Gustin's response to the body shaming:

I am also very skinny and my metabolism makes it difficult for me to gain weight. Gustin is really inspiring and his response is great, he's not backing down and he's putting jerks in their place

I like that the belt is an actual belt now and that we're moving away from leather (and there being a zipper on the Flash suit), though some of the detailing and bits on the arm kind of throw me off.

It's also kind of weird to see the suit without the chinstrap at this point .

I do think the season 4 suit looked a little sleeker, but maybe this suit will look better in-motion.

It's really disappointing to hear about Grant being body-shamed. My issues with the leaked image had much more to do with the bits that were unfinished then Grant's physique.

Ultimate Member

Looks neat, though I liked the old suit.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Looks neat, though I liked the old suit.
    Yeah, I'm kind of surprised they're changing suits so quickly given the season 4 suit was pretty solid.

I guess maybe Gustin wanted something new or more comfortable?