Page 40 of 44 FirstFirst ... 30363738394041424344 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I love her as a villain. Not so much a hero or Anti-Hero.

DC and Marvel are hot and cold to me. One minute one's doing really good, the other just turns me off, but give or take a year it turns around.
    In regards to Marvel its just Immortal Hulk and Doctor Strange I consistently follow tbh ��

I'll pop in every once inawhile to check out Black Panther or read the forums to decide but im not reading much of that either. Heck I might start reading Mangas

BANNED

Was that mask he was wearing one of the relics btw that would be a cool way to bring them back if it were.

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    In regards to Marvel its just Immortal Hulk and Doctor Strange I consistently follow tbh ��

I'll pop in every once inawhile to check out Black Panther or read the forums to decide but im not reading much of that either. Heck I might start reading Mangas
    I definitely suggest getting into manga as a comic fan, it's always fascinating juxtaposing the two storytelling cultures. I feel they both expose the flaws within each other's narrative models.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I definitely suggest getting into manga as a comic fan, it's always fascinating juxtaposing the two storytelling cultures. I feel they both expose the flaws within each other's narrative models.
    Ive read some manga before, I enjoy it. Usually I end up falling out of reads though after waiting for the next chapter.

I might try to jump back into HxH since I love the series so much. You have any manga you'd recommend?

I'm an avid reader of both. Plenty to enjoy about both mediums of graphic storytelling .

Ive read some manga before, I enjoy it. Usually I end up falling out of reads though after waiting for the next chapter.

I might try to jump back into HxH since I love the series so much. You have any manga you'd recommend?
    I've been slacking on my selections lately, HxH is a great pick but the hiatuses and the page overload got too much for me. I'm really digging the Fire Force manga right now, the usual My Hero Academia, Attack on Titan and One-Punch Man are givens. If you want a full series you can read from start to end I say check out Deadman Wonderland, History's Mightiest Disciple Kenichi and Medaka Box are some of my personal favorites, but it's been a while so i can't remember all of the series i read but those are the ones I can think off the top of my head. If you want one that's just kinda screwy, Air Gear gets pretty weird visually and kinda absurd but I dug it growing up.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

BANNED

I've been slacking on my selections lately, HxH is a great pick but the hiatuses and the page overload got too much for me. I'm really digging the Fire Force manga right now, the usual My Hero Academia, Attack on Titan and One-Punch Man are givens. If you want a full series you can read from start to end I say check out Deadman Wonderland, History's Mightiest Disciple Kenichi and Medaka Box are some of my personal favorites, but it's been a while so i can't remember all of the series i read but those are the ones I can think off the top of my head. If you want one that's just kinda screwy, Air Gear gets pretty weird visually and kinda absurd but I dug it growing up.
    Deadman Wonderland might definirely be something I check out I liked the anime despite the way it ended. OPM was way to gag character like for me but I didn't watch too many episode tbh. My only anime exception to a gag character so far has been Saikik.

Ive been hearing alot about Fire Force and Demon Slayer lately, yet to even watch the animes the.

I'll give your favorites a try might become of mine. Might also checkout some mangas I enjoyed the animes of.

BANNED

I'm an avid reader of both. Plenty to enjoy about both mediums of graphic storytelling .
    What's some of your recommended?

What's some of your recommended?
    Depends what you're into, I guess .

BANNED

Depends what you're into, I guess .
    My favorite top 3 anime’s would be Magi, HxH and K if that helps

One Piece, obviously. It may seems daunting and unappealing at first, but, believe me, you'll be hard pressed to find another shonen able to tackle stuff like racism, inequality, slavery and all as well as Oda does in his.

Radiant (I have made an appreciation thread for it in the Independent section of this forum) which is the first French manga published also in Japan, with an adaptation (which I recommend watching before reading the manga, because the tone is a lot less dark, but you lose most of the charm, so I struggle to watch it now - apparently, season 2 will be more faithful to the material, which will be great!) which also has undertones of racism and all, but filtered through French eyes. And it's funny as hell.

My Hero Academia, which is a must read, because Horikoshi manages to develop all his characters in very satisfying ways, and he also tackle a lot of hard questions about society's ills.

For rather less charged (while extremely fun) manga, there is indeed History's Mightiest Disciple Kenichi, Medaka Box, Kingdom (but that one is brutal), Berserk (that one makes Kingdom a gentle kid-friendly manga), Onepunch-Man, Re:Monster, Naruto, of course, Monster Musume (but that's ecchi, be warned ^^).

And... that's all for now, folks !

Edit : And Full Metal Alchemist. How could I forget it ! Go read this one , it's pure gold !

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    One Piece, obviously. It may seems daunting and unappealing at first, but, believe me, you'll be hard pressed to find another shonen able to tackle stuff like racism, inequality, slavery and all as well as Oda does in his.

Radiant (I have made an appreciation thread for it in the Independent section of this forum) which is the first French manga published also in Japan, with an adaptation (which I recommend watching before reading the manga, because the tone is a lot less dark, but you lose most of the charm, so I struggle to watch it now - apparently, season 2 will be more faithful to the material, which will be great!) which also has undertones of racism and all, but filtered through French eyes. And it's funny as hell.

My Hero Academia, which is a must read, because Horikoshi manages to develop all his characters in very satisfying ways, and he also tackle a lot of hard questions about society's ills.

For rather less charged (while extremely fun) manga, there is indeed History's Mightiest Disciple Kenichi, Medaka Box, Kingdom (but that one is brutal), Berserk (that one makes Kingdom a gentle kid-friendly manga), Onepunch-Man, Re:Monster, Naruto, of course, Monster Musume (but that's ecchi, be warned ^^).

And... that's all for now, folks !

Edit : And Full Metal Alchemist. How could I forget it ! Go read this one , it's pure gold !
    I’ve seen all the main shonen series. I’m a little hesitant in jumping into Onepiece manga given how many chapters there is �� but I like there theme of freedom and wanting to be the most free. It made Gold and the Dressrosa arcs masterpieces to me.

Any link to your appreciation thread on Radiant?

Another solid issue in this run, the art and colors are great, the supporting cast are still well balanced and the plot continues to be intriguing as well.

I love that they are leaning into the fun somewhat nerdy take with Jackson, it's an interesting way to differentiate him from Kaldur'ahm on YJ but I still hope they'll have him finally give him the Kaldur'ahm name sooner or later. regardless, I dug the cheesy DnD references when he and Arthur were battling between the Kaiju, the fight was awesome. Most heroic journeys start with some sort of loss, and Jackson just had his, I'm curious to see him grow from this.

Has Manta's Dad always been researching Atlantis? I was curious as to how this whole Dad A.I. thing was gonna work because it's pretty weird but I found the back and forth funny and interesting. I wonder what Manta found at the bottom of the ocean from his Dad's secret coordinates. The Mecha Manta is pretty cool, I find it funny that Lex gave Manta his Dad in a robot considering his own daddy issues. They’re probably gonna go all Pacific Rim by the end, with Manta and his mech daddy vs Arthur and the Kaiju. it’s gonna suck seeing Arthur kill Manta’s dad again.

currently following:

I finally read the firs trade of DeConnick's run, and I found it surprisingly solid even if it eschewed doing much with any of the traditional Aquaman stuff for the most part.

Mera going all "Royal We" stuff was pretty random when nobody in Atlantean royalty has ever talked like that. Like, if Orm didn't do it, she definitely doesn't have to.

I can live with Arthur being shirtless for an arc, but please just give him back the scalemail. And the tattoos do feel just tacked on for movie synergy.