Page 40 of 212 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090140 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blinkingblah View Post
    Okay so I am trying to put this together. One side we have Emma, Logan, Jean, Cyclops, Jubilee, Warpath and Gateway (thought he was dead but he is a really easy one to bring back.)

The other team is consisted of Storm, Dazzler, Firestar, Beast, Bishop, Cable and Angel.

There is going to be a Storm solo mini when she was a kid. X-babies mini. Weapon X book. Nigtcrawler solo.

Lilandra and Vulcan means there will be a Shi'ar story arc.

NightGambit and MajikMoonColossus are maybe Sinister clones the way he is reaching out to NightGambint.

Toad (maybe another supporting character), Warlock is already producing a story in uncanny, I feel like all the villains are just going to be villains used in the arcs. Cable, Apocalypse, Charles, Magneto, Moira are characters that are going to be included in larger overall event.

Maybe another Exiles book per Blink, Iceman solo and a Brotherhood solo per Toad (Just wishful thinking). Not sure if that is Phoenix force or Rachel. So i'm not going to speculate. This is all just guessing anyway.
    I don't know that the sides of Moira/Charles are actual teams per say. I assume that all of these characters will appear in some capacity in these books. But i personally don't think we're looking at launching several of the books you have mentioned.
    I believe that "Warpath" is actually Thunderbird.
    That is definitely Rachel as the houndmarks are on her face.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I
    I believe that "Warpath" is actually Thunderbird.
    Wonder if he'll return for good?
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Cool i love the grey/summers family drama and characters. I hope there is more of it. Jean, Scott, Rachel and Cable are wonderful characters with cool interactions and great potential of story telling when it comes to their relationships
    For so long marvel has avoided or denigrated what could be the source of great and personal stories in favor of shipping drama.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 03-29-2019 at 12:16 PM.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Keep in mind that when the promo was originally released, they said that the characters on it don't exactly represent what will be in the story. Instead, any of them COULD be in the story and the promo is meant to represent the past, present, and future of the X-Men. I imagine that's why certain characters are in certain costumes (Rachel, Jean, Scott, Adult Ororo), appear certain ways or at all (Kid Storm, Thunderbird, the new characters on the edges), and are placed where they are (Emma, Scott, Jean).
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Keep in mind that when the promo was originally released, they said that the characters on it don't exactly represent what will be in the story. Instead, any of them COULD be in the story and the promo is meant to represent the past, present, and future of the X-Men. I imagine that's why certain characters are in certain costumes (Rachel, Jean, Scott, Adult Ororo), appear certain ways or at all (Kid Storm, Thunderbird, the new characters on the edges), and are placed where they are (Emma, Scott, Jean).
    To be fair, Scott is wearing his current costume, so I dont think that says anything about him

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    ... I believe that "Warpath" is actually Thunderbird. ...
    So do I, as it certainly looks more like him:

... IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    Wonder if he'll return for good?
    He's placed pretty prominently, I think.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    So do I, as it certainly looks more like him:

... IMO.

He's placed pretty prominently, I think.

Don't get my hopes up
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

BANNED

Some of the more recognizable names seemingly missing from the initial promo pic, that are mostly appearing or will be, elsewhere:

Maybe
    Gambit?
    Colossus?
    Magik?
    Moonstar?
    Warpath?
    Adult Havok?

Uncanny
    Multiple Man
    Banshee
    Wolfsbane
    Sunspot
    Mystique
    Sabretooth

X-Force
    Domino
    Cannonball
    Boom-Boom
    Shatterstar

Solos
    Rogue
    X-23
    Longshot

AoXM
    Kitty Pryde
    Psylocke
    Polaris
    Northstar
    Forge
    Meggan
    Magma
    Sunfire
    Cecilia Reyes
    Husk
    ALL the newest, younger X-Men, I think.

Rictor
    Monet
    Frenzy
    Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    To be fair, Scott is wearing his current costume, so I dont think that says anything about him
    Did not JDW say that Cyclops would have a new costume this year?

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Did not JDW say that Cyclops would have a new costume this year?
    He very much implied it, but h didn't state it out right.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

It’s possible that he was talking about the WotR outfit that Rosenberg and Perez were teasing.

All I want is a new visor that's half ruby quartz and half googly eye.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    All I want is a new visor that's half ruby quartz and half googly eye.
    There's no way the eye injury/loss lasts when Hickman takes over- if he was interested in having Scott work with only 1 eye, he'd it himself.

I've been trying to find some of Hickman's work to read. I would like to see if I would appreciate his writing. Every indication seems to suggest that he is very good at what he does. I want to be excited about the X-men again. I want something on the scale of Grant Morrison's New X-men or Joss Whedon's Astonishing X-men. I want great stories, characterizations, plot twists, and just the right amount of shock value. I want high concepts .. and themes that delve into science fiction, evolution, without missing the beats of prejudice, marginalization, and mutant/minority culture. We need X-men stories that have layers, and not just stories where characters fight each other for silly reasons.

While Age of X-men has the philosophical art-house feel, only time will tell if it is successful. I do admit that I like so far what I've read but I'm not really enjoying it as much as I'd expect.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I've been trying to find some of Hickman's work to read. I would like to see if I would appreciate his writing. Every indication seems to suggest that he is very good at what he does. I want to be excited about the X-men again. I want something on the scale of Grant Morrison's New X-men or Joss Whedon's Astonishing X-men. I want great stories, characterizations, plot twists, and just the right amount of shock value. I want high concepts .. and themes that delve into science fiction, evolution, without missing the beats of prejudice, marginalization, and mutant/minority culture. We need X-men stories that have layers, and not just stories where characters fight each other for silly reasons.
    If you've never read any of Hickman's comics, I think you're in for quite a treat no matter what you start with. His creator-owned stuff is pretty amazing (I'm especially fond of The Black Monday Murders, East of West and The Manhattan Projects), but then so are his runs on Secret Warriors, Fantastic Four and Avengers. I'd say start with whatever genre/characters interest you and if you like what you read then expand to the rest.