Page 170 of 750 FirstFirst ... 70120160166167168169170171172173174180220270670 ... LastLast
Results 2,536 to 2,550 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    How remote detonation work? Im thinking he leaves an energy finger print on an object or person and he can leave it on a timer or think and release.

Im thinking that instead of using it when he fights groups of normal strength people, the suit could vibrate sonic waves that cause equilibrium disruption. It'd be cool to watch a group of goons fall and start vomiting while Tchalla just casually walks past them.
    Using the silver pieces on the necklace, it looks like he can detonate specific parts of the suit when separated.

whoo boy that issue was trashier then I could of even imagined. It's like Coates was trying (and failing) to justify himself, abd in doing so has completely missed everything. Context is key and this rehash, (Love how he casually omits how Storm sided with the x men and attacked T'Challa in front of her people while still Queen) isht while T'Challa looks broken and defeated. That whole season should of been the all of you are wrong speeches like T'Chadwick.

Also how the hell does the djahlia restore memories of non Wakandans? They aren't even from the 616. Makes zero sense

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    whoo boy that issue was trashier then I could of even imagined. It's like Coates was trying (and failing) to justify himself, abd in doing so has completely missed everything. Context is key and this rehash, (Love how he casually omits how Storm sided with the x men and attacked T'Challa in front of her people while still Queen) isht while T'Challa looks broken and defeated. That whole season should of been the all of you are wrong speeches like T'Chadwick.

Also how the hell does the djahlia restore memories of non Wakandans? They aren't even from the 616. Makes zero sense
    If those people were conuqered by the Galactic Wakandan Empire, they effectively become Wakandan. Since that empire was started by Wakandans, I guesss the Djahlia counts them.

Man this last issue was stand out excellent imo. Something this emotionally tangible shouldn't be a once a month thing I wish I could just read the whole thing brand new at once. T'Challa's conflict this entire run being addressed in this way just felt genuinely satisfying. This is how you get character growth out of someone who is basically perfect inner turmoil addressed realistically, given wisdom by the only people who even remotely understand his burden and how to lead him in the right direction. The art was A1 in the plane too. I was skeptical of the intergalactic empire angle when I realized it would be REALLY long lol but it has def come full circle for me. Now I just hope the wrap action is just as satisfying.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post
    Besouro...

Great Post!

Black Panther... Significant Other/Love Interest... Rogues Gallery... Wakanda... Period!
    Thanx.

I have always believed some of BPs villains should be on global and intergalactic threat levels by now.

Frankly, I think Klaw has beeb massively shortchanged...he is the effin *MASTER OF SOUND* but reduced to one hand cannon growling vibranium smuggler.

The supremacists should or could be much better.

1MYM should be on some builder/celestial/beyonder level at the very LEAST.

And so on.

Regarding BP love interests.

I have loved Tchalla for not being a philanderous playboy....which is way the Dora Milaje works well for someone like Tchalla because his sense of honor, respect and nobility is above reproach.

Unfortunately according to Coates, no black man in leading authority is capable of such charavter especially when being surrounded by ladies almost constantly without lusting after them or allowing rape camps to happen. :insert quadruple facepalm here:

Anyhow....Despite being a Tchoro/ StabeauOralla marriage fan, I utterly HATED how it was treated by the x-side and how it was ultimately its demise.

Since then....I have given up on them.

I had my sights on Rambeau/Spectrum as BPs new beau... .she went with Adam Brashear and weirdly I found that fitting.

I am a strong supporter of Tchalla's love interest to be super powered.

So I proposed making Monica Lynne an Inhuman/Eternal hybrid revealed during the Inhuman uprising /terrigen cloud plotline...just a thought.

I just prefer seeing Tchalla as loyal or heavily romantically attached to VERY few ladies... Not all flappergaster like Logan or Stark.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    I'm telling you all this is an Elseworlds it doesn't match up with Avengers Agents or any of the other Marvel books.
    Barely even matches up with any pre-Coates BP...TNCs BP is not the same person who was in Hickman's Secret Wars, it can't be.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    The MAIN purpose for characters like the new Nakia and M'Baku more than anything was to actually give T'Challa someone to interact with while he's in space, since his usual supporting cast isn't around.

That said, I still think she'll just come back as Malice down the line (like the previous Malice did... comic book characters tend to do that). A newer version without some of the issues the previous one had, with a Nakia which is a bit closer to the MCU version.
    Then why not just create new characters instead of faking faux characters who are supposedly not the real/original characters?

How did Killmonger, "Nu" Nakia and Mbaku go to space and have such an extensive history regarding the IEW/Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda *BEFORE* Tchalla even appeared?

How did this nu Killmonger become the IEW king/eictator ?

Aarrrughh!!!!

Mighty Member

Yea, shoulda figured names like snowflake and safespace weren't going to go over well, no matter how "good intentioned" it was... Especially snowflake being non-binary, however you spin it it comes off as mockery
    Not any more "mockery" than creating straight, gay or bisexual characters?

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    If those people were conuqered by the Galactic Wakandan Empire, they effectively become Wakandan. Since that empire was started by Wakandans, I guesss the Djahlia counts them.
    That makes zero sense. The Djalia houses basically previous black Panthers and griots so again, why are these aliens memories somehow locked away in there. Especially when it's not even 616 Wakanda but another dimension altogether. Convoluted is convoluted.

Quote Originally Posted by RDMXV View Post
    Man this last issue was stand out excellent imo. Something this emotionally tangible shouldn't be a once a month thing I wish I could just read the whole thing brand new at once. T'Challa's conflict this entire run being addressed in this way just felt genuinely satisfying. This is how you get character growth out of someone who is basically perfect inner turmoil addressed realistically, given wisdom by the only people who even remotely understand his burden and how to lead him in the right direction. The art was A1 in the plane too. I was skeptical of the intergalactic empire angle when I realized it would be REALLY long lol but it has def come full circle for me. Now I just hope the wrap action is just as satisfying.
    It was addressed already.. in S1. And what wisdom was given? It was them saying how he was a failure and bashing on his decisions. Which would of been the perfect time for T'Challa to counter all of those with WHY he did what he did, you know, truly coming around full circle in showing why he is the greatest Black panther of all, that he has had to make impossible decisions that none of them have, that he has saved the world, and by extension Wakanda more times that any of them and really commanded the Respect of a King. But instead we get more of the same thing. Rehashed issues that apparently Coates needed to solidify as T'Challas fault instead of any sort of positive acknowledgment of anything even though this was settled already

It was addressed already.. in S1. And what wisdom was given? It was them saying how he was a failure and bashing on his decisions. Which would of been the perfect time for T'Challa to counter all of those with WHY he did what he did, you know, truly coming around full circle in showing why he is the greatest Black panther of all, that he has had to make impossible decisions that none of them have, that he has saved the world, and by extension Wakanda more times that any of them and really commanded the Respect of a King. But instead we get more of the same thing. Rehashed issues that apparently Coates needed to solidify as T'Challas fault instead of any sort of positive acknowledgment of anything even though this was settled already
    Uhhhh that's was literally what happened

Uhhhh that's was literally what happened
    Naw, he stood up and said, "I am your king do what you are told" and they all went, AYE WAKANDA SALUTE!!!

He never justified his actions. Never even pushed back. Just said his name is tchalla a bunch and then said he was king.

I get what Coates was going for, he was trying to show T'challa has (in coates eyes) finally embracing the role of King of Wakanda. But the way he went about it was just trash. He never countered the arguments against him. He never justified his actions (and he could!). It was poor story telling, once again.

Now, story wise, the natural progression from here is for T'challa to come back to Wakanda and BE IN CHARGE. No more second guessing himself, no more relying on chang/ramonda/storm/nunakia(rip)/shuri to tell him what to do. Based on this story, the KING OF WAKANDA returns and leads both Wakandas confidently to victory.

Let's see if that happens. I have my doubts.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Naw, he stood up and said, "I am your king do what you are told" and they all went, AYE WAKANDA SALUTE!!!

He never justified his actions. Never even pushed back. Just said his name is tchalla a bunch and then said he was king.

I get what Coates was going for, he was trying to show T'challa has (in coates eyes) finally embracing the role of King of Wakanda. But the way he went about it was just trash. He never countered the arguments against him. He never justified his actions (and he could!). It was poor story telling, once again.

Now, story wise, the natural progression from here is for T'challa to come back to Wakanda and BE IN CHARGE. No more second guessing himself, no more relying on chang/ramonda/storm/nunakia(rip)/shuri to tell him what to do. Based on this story, the KING OF WAKANDA returns and leads both Wakandas confidently to victory.

Let's see if that happens. I have my doubts.
    It def happened. Now the how, I guess, it's just preference. I would hate a T'challa or King that sits justifying decisions esp ones everyone knows were right. That would make him look like a child having to explain himself. Plus I don't think the point was about those decisions at all truly bc most new readers wont know em anyway...it was more about the fact he made them but was conflicted by them bc of the burden of who he is and his mother helping him lift that burden by snapping him into reality. You cant plan for everything, you aren't afforded the luxury of being the moping king because that's not what we do.

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    Then why not just create new characters instead of faking faux characters who are supposedly not the real/original characters?

How did Killmonger, "Nu" Nakia and Mbaku go to space and have such an extensive history regarding the IEW/Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda *BEFORE* Tchalla even appeared?

How did this nu Killmonger become the IEW king/eictator ?

Aarrrughh!!!!
    The Galactic Empire was founded by Wakandans, so they should have a descent history of all that stuff prior to T'CHalla showing up.

I would hate a T'challa or King that sits justifying decisions esp ones everyone knows were right. .
    Who is everyone?

The characters in the story do not think he was right. Hence them constantly bringing it up, hence the revolution, hence the loss of some o fhis kingly power.

The audience for Coates run certainly doesn't know he was right. because it has never been shown or stated in this run that T'challa was right.

Who who exactly is "everyone" ?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html