View Poll Results: Are You Tired of the Krakoan Era Yet ??

Voters
100. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - I'm Hating it

38 38.00%
  • No - I'm Enjoying it

62 62.00%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Amazing Member

Default I'm bored of this Krakoan Era, and ready to move on to new stories

Is anyone else here tired of the Krakoan Era, and having all mutant heroes & villins living and working together. Are you ready to move on to something new ??

Mighty Member

No. I’m fine the way things are. Not all the villains are really working with Krakoa. I’m happy with the island and the era overall. Some things need to change, but we will see how things pan out in the Fall of X storyline.

Extraordinary Member

We have a recent thread about opinions on the current state

Your thoughts on the current status of the X-books

and another thread which usually ends up rehashing that topic

Your Unpopular/Controversial Opinions on the X-Universe

I am sure you will find more than a few who agree and have some other takes on what they really like about it still and want to see.

I think the world-building just needs to continue. The last year felt very stale somehow.

What I always wonder with these takes is: what do you want to see instead? We tried the "classic" status quo with Gold. It didn't land.

Hard no from me. I'm loving this era, and hope it will continue for a long time.

I like this era we just need new exciting writers.

I'm mixed. I think if Krakoa continues it needs a shake-up in the concept. I'm fine with it basically being a country and refuge, but I think they need to dial it back with the amnesty for known serial killers and war criminals as well as rituals like killing in the arena to get your powers back.

Basically should start putting responsible people in charge, instead of being surprised when a known villain betrays them.

In other words, being more heroic. Also I want some of the family vibes back, we get some baseball scenes every now as well as people hanging out in the lagoon now and then, but it seems like the core characters feels very distant from each other.

Astonishing Member

My opinion since the start has been the problem isn't the concept, its how most of the writers engage with the concept. A large portion of the problems with it stem from a) using it more as an aesthetic than an actual setting and concept, w/a lot of surface level stuff but not a ton of actually digging into the concept and the range of possibilities it opens up and b) half the writers seeming genuinely interested in it and various themes it raises while the other half treats it as a source of clickbait and aim more to drum up controversy and discourse than actually explore anything with it.

Mighty Member

My issue isn't so much with Krakoa, but rather the lack of dynamic progression from it.

We've been in a spinning pattern for two years now, when it rightly feels like some serious change should be coming but doesn't.

And I don't mean change as in Krakoa getting nuked.

But like the Quiet Council AND X-force should rightly be on the chopping block for all the kinds of fuckery they've been up to.

Similarly, the metahumans don't feel any closer today than they did at the beginning of the series.

I'm not tired of this era but I am very bored with most of the current titles. I'm tired of the obsession with focusing on the grey areas with the "former" villains. I'm beyond tired of the only using 1 or 2 "hero" mutants in the supposed team books. However I do like the ideas and promises of Krakoa just not the execution lately. Hopefully the Fall of X is the "former" villains revealing their true colors ultimately leading to them being banished from Karkoa. After that I'd love to see the return of the school and mansion but on Krakoa. A return to more classic style X stories but within the Krakoa setting.
    Last edited by M@Bowers2014; 03-17-2023 at 12:59 PM.

Can I offer a "I like the concepts and worldbuidling, but I hate the execution" as a 3rd option?

Other than specific exceptions I haven't been picking up many books in this era that I've truly enjoyed and have dropped several I really wanted to enjoy.

There are many issues I'd like answered and so many world-building pieces I'd like to see far more of.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Way beter than the school for decades.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

No I do not like anything in Krakoa era. Starting with the character assassination of Moria and Beast among others.

And I never liked the separatists idea Utopia and Krakoa as island nations. That's Not the X-Men. They want to peacefully coexist not stay separate.
    X-Men Forever

It has good bones. Stories just need better execution. By that I mean solid character arcs vs beats. Prob too much to ask for in an event-driven model.