View Poll Results: Are You Tired of the Krakoan Era Yet ??

Voters
100. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - I'm Hating it

38 38.00%
  • No - I'm Enjoying it

62 62.00%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Krakoa was neither safe, isolated, nor prevented every enemy and their momma from setting foot on "The Island That Walks Like a Man". Worse, the grand selective isolation experiment failed from within sabotaged by the very people Krakoa let settle on it being. The Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda was far more entertaining and far better written. If only TPTB at Marvel hadn't seen fit to dissolve the Mutant and Wakandan relationship because someone(s) disliked a certian not-so-out-of-the-blue prosperous Black marriage.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Leo View Post
    Is anyone else here tired of the Krakoan Era, and having all mutant heroes & villins living and working together. Are you ready to move on to something new ??
    Umm when you follow your question with the statement of heroes & villains working together I just Know you either a) arent reading the current stories or b) simply not paying attention. They may live together but they are far, very far from a working unity. That's been the poinf of most of Krakoan conflicts so far.

I like this era

But the quieto council needs to go. Krakoa needs a clearer goverment and a Open Doors with the world of partialy

Hope Fall of X means Fall of Xavier and not Krakoa

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiK View Post
    Umm when you follow your question with the statement of heroes & villains working together I just Know you either a) arent reading the current stories or b) simply not paying attention. They may live together but they are far, very far from a working unity. That's been the poinf of most of Krakoan conflicts so far.
    It’s like saying the United States is ultra right wing and slightly less right wing people living and working together in harmony with no disagreements.

Mighty Member

My issue is and will continue to be that for such a big idea the entire thing feels small. I really felt all the mutants together would have created more dynamic storytelling. But instead it’s the same storytelling just with Krakoa and a few extra mutants instead of the mansion

The Red Dragon

When you can come back anytime there is 0 stakes in the story for me. The xmen being so stupid as to let their worst enemies be in positions of power is just too hard to overlook. Ive dropped all the books.

Hey some of those enemies have really growth as characters

Apoccy is a loving dad and sexy conqueror
    Exodus is very good with the kids not so catholic with them
    Scaplhunter have been a good citizen of krakoa
    OG Pyro was a marauder
    Tempo was a Marauder
    Frenzy is a ambasaddor to earth
    I like the second chances theme of Krakoa and expect to continue some of this villians were C or D list villian with the random story where they are the bait to a bigger threat and dont do nothing until time comes.

At least now have some development and story. But Orchis is still bizarre over powerful with no merit.

Hope the next era after the fall we see a clearer Krakoan goverment a better relationship with the other super hero teams and clarity and true. the perfect way to beat Orchis

The thing with Krakoa is that Mags Moira and Xavier played with all the people for years to get that done instead of incorporate people to their cause they lied for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    When you can come back anytime there is 0 stakes in the story for me. The xmen being so stupid as to let their worst enemies be in positions of power is just too hard to overlook. Ive dropped all the books.
    Same. Add in the fact that so many of the characters are so fundamentally off in ways large and small. I'm amazed anybody can push past all that and still buy and read it. I'm not wasting my money on it and I have better things to do with my time.

I'm still enjoying the Krakoan era just because the novelty of their unique status quo hasn't yet worn off for me. Unless the creators can come up with an even more far out concept, I'd rather stay on Krakoa for now than go back to the same stories they've been rehashing for decades.

I do have issue with Resurrection but ultimately that was an issue previously and this skips the how did they come back. It adds to the philosophical discourse of franchise. There are stakes too like Wrongslide which was interesting and still being explored. Ultimately it will be temporary. Resurrection should end before Krakoa.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

I’m LOVING this era and hope it continues. I do want to see more focus on world and character building, and to shorten events so it doesn’t take away from the buidling effort. But I think there is a lot of stories to explore with the way the current X-Verse has been setup.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    I do have issue with Resurrection but ultimately that was an issue previously and this skips the how did they come back. It adds to the philosophical discourse of franchise. There are stakes too like Wrongslide which was interesting and still being explored. Ultimately it will be temporary. Resurrection should end before Krakoa.
    Quoted for Truth... Resurrection should have been a one-time thing for any and all mutants making it possible to revive the dead means permanently dead policy unless resurrection had previously been established to be part of a particular mutant's mutation. I mean Steve Rogers? Seriously??
    Last edited by Micabe; 03-17-2023 at 11:39 PM.

Move on to what missions from the mansion LMAO

Krakoa is amazing the only drawback I have had with Krakoa is that they moved away from defining what is mutant culture and history.

And I understand cause you had morons who kept calling it a cult an such. However the idea of mutants rediscovering lost cultural practices and heritage that their ancestors might have done was something I was looking forward too.

I felt like Arrako should have been that gateway. Learning about if mutants all had innate magic within them, certain magic they may draw on the X gene,

Krakoa-lovers and Krakoa-apologists reactions to Krakoa-haters are almost always:

You just want to go back to the school/mansion. That sucks, we've had all those stories we need for a long, long time.
    You just want to see mutants subjugated and abused again. Homo Superior forever! Krakoa Forever!
    Go read your back issues if that's what you want.
    X-Men Gold proves the school stories don't work anymore.
    Etc.

Okay, there's a lot more wrong with the Krakoa era than just the setting. You could make a list as long as your arm. How anyone can buy into this as a continuation of the stories and characters fans have read for decades is beyond me. It's closer to an Age of Apocalypse style-thing without admitting that is what it is. The school was a base not a prison stories were confined to. Krakoa is mutant supremacy, and the X-Men still acting like heroes in selected examples here and there doesn't change that, anymore than pointing to instances of other trees somehow makes the Redwood Forest anything other than that. The only thing X-Men Gold proved was that it didn't work, and for all it's faults the characters were far more true and the stories more enjoyable in it than anything X-Related being produced today that isn't set in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Icefanatic View Post
    Krakoa-lovers and Krakoa-apologists reactions to Krakoa-haters are almost always:

You just want to go back to the school/mansion. That sucks, we've had all those stories we need for a long, long time.
    You just want to see mutants subjugated and abused again. Homo Superior forever! Krakoa Forever!
    Go read your back issues if that's what you want.
    X-Men Gold proves the school stories don't work anymore.
    Etc.

Okay, there's a lot more wrong with the Krakoa era than just the setting. You could make a list as long as your arm. How anyone can buy into this as a continuation of the stories and characters fans have read for decades is beyond me. It's closer to an Age of Apocalypse style-thing without admitting that is what it is. The school was a base not a prison stories were confined to. Krakoa is mutant supremacy, and the X-Men still acting like heroes in selected examples here and there doesn't change that, anymore than pointing to instances of other trees somehow makes the Redwood Forest anything other than that. The only thing X-Men Gold proved was that it didn't work, and for all it's faults the characters were far more true and the stories more enjoyable in it than anything X-Related being produced today that isn't set in the past.
    I agree. Whatever examples that can be shown doesn’t negate the fact that the X-men are no more the ones we knew. Then the X-comics are no more X-men stories (despite the title).

Some may still like, others don’t. But pretending that it is not the case is just bad faith.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe