Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Not out of the realm of possibility. And have Bruce's "liaison" with Talia around the same time, boom. We have Super Sons setup without hurting the stories being told.
    exactly what I was thinking so we can build into the new brave and bold
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    If DC actually does a full blown New 52 reboot again they’re morons. If you want to “start over”, just pick another Earth in the Multiverse and move there for a while. Go to Earth 101 and do an Ultimate DC line. Don’t think they will reboot Earth 0 any time soon but if they did do that then yes, Jon would likely be gone. Of course given what a massive time anomaly he’s been since the start, they could always find a way to bring him back.
    Well, if they do another New52 reboot, yeah they haven't learned their lessons. However, the best reboot would be to get rid of the excess characters who aren't doing anything. So, JSA, JLA, Teen Titans, Young Justice, Jon and Damian group. Focus on this core group of characters. Smaller the better in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    DC needs to give Jon a team of his own and I'm not talking about the characters they wanted to push for the failed 5G initiative or the Revolutionaries.
    Well, between him, Kathy, Damian, and Maya in Rebirth, they were forming a team. Then it got tossed to the wayside. Honestly, bump up Wally's kids' age, throw in Red Arrow, you have a decent roster with diversity on several fronts.

Incredible Member magha_regulus's Avatar

I don't think it'll be the same as Lor-Zod. I do think it's inevitable that they'll de-age Jon at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartofTheStoriesWeTell View Post
    I have been wondering if the 'early years" story is so lois can end pregnant and then we can skip forward and next movie have a preteen
    Considering the themes apparently centered around Superman trying to live up to his father's legacies, that would work.

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    De-aging Jon and giving Conner a high profile coming out and a relationship that has a fan base would give Conner a boost in visibility, far from throwing him under the bus. Tim is more prominent now than he's been in years.
    I agree with this. It would be an interesting move. I'd read it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Like what? Seems to me YJ has been disconnected from the rest of the DCU so much, it wouldn't make much difference at all if they were erased or not.
    I'm mostly thinking about Tim.
    Last edited by HsssH; 03-22-2023 at 01:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Ah, well there's certainly been some problems with the Gotham corner of DC, trying to figure out how Tim fits in now. But that just highlights what I've been saying; DC wants these characters to occupy the same space, but they kicked them out of that space and put new characters in it. Tim and Conner and the rest can't function until DC makes room for them.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

DC needs to give Jon a team of his own and I'm not talking about the characters they wanted to push for the failed 5G initiative or the Revolutionaries.
    He should join L.E.G.I.O.N.

Jon and Vril Doc II could bond over being legacies.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 03-22-2023 at 10:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Rebirth, in Tec, barring his stint in Jor-El's prison, wasn't bad for Tim. Then came Bendis, and thus the whirlwind of "what the hell do we do with him now?" began.

Quote Originally Posted by magha_regulus View Post
    I don't think it'll be the same as Lor-Zod. I do think it's inevitable that they'll de-age Jon at some point.
    That seems more likely to me than Jon being erased entirely. But I don't rule out him being retconned out of existence either. Jon hasn't been around that long, hasn't been that big of a success, to be essential. Bigger characters with longer histories have been erased before.

But I do expect Jon will be de-aged at some point before another full reboot hits. And it's always possible that Jon will be used in other formats even after he's erased (if he is), like bookstore OGN's or webtoon or whatever; mediums that're more welcoming to new, non-A-list characters.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Rebirth, in Tec, barring his stint in Jor-El's prison, wasn't bad for Tim. Then came Bendis, and thus the whirlwind of "what the hell do we do with him now?" began.
    Bendis did a lot of damage in several franchises in DC. I don't think he left any positive if new writers are strongly wnating to earse his influences.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    That seems more likely to me than Jon being erased entirely. But I don't rule out him being retconned out of existence either. Jon hasn't been around that long, hasn't been that big of a success, to be essential. Bigger characters with longer histories have been erased before.
    That is true. For least, characters with a big fanbase were taken out of the board and either replaced or forgotten. Maybe the big ones are more stablished but others, they don't. And liked or not, Jon Kent is a derivative character. And that plays against you.

But I do expect Jon will be de-aged at some point before another full reboot hits. And it's always possible that Jon will be used in other formats even after he's erased (if he is), like bookstore OGN's or webtoon or whatever; mediums that're more welcoming to new, non-A-list characters.
    Those are also valid possibilities.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    He should join L.E.G.I.O.N.

Jon and Vril Doc II could bond over being legacies.
    I'd love to see Vril Dox II become Jon's arch-nemesis.

Quote Originally Posted by magha_regulus View Post
    I'd love to see Vril Dox II become Jon's arch-nemesis.
    Ehh ok. I don't mind legacy villians but I'm not sure that's the way to go for Jon. But that's a cool hook for Jon's inclusion for LEGION. Fans wondering if Jon and Vril would become friends or enemies is a good marketing tool to me.

I would love to see Jon interacting with non-Damian characters (hey, I still love kid-Jon and I like Kathy, too), but I don't think every hero needs a team. Too much of the same thing (every Robin doesn't need a team, either). And, as know I've said before, I really, really, would like to see heroes interact more with civilians. Non-capes. People who have ordinary lives. I feel like the hero community has gotten too insular, with all their most important relationships with each other. Sometimes it's like heroes live in a parallel civilization on the same earth as ordinary humans, instead of being part of society. I really do want to see more comics and characters that have an "ordinary life" aspect.