Page 52 of 105 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102 ... LastLast

First Black Knight insider told to The Lord of the Long box that Gambit tv show is planned for Disney.

Now second scooper Mikey Sutton (earlier he told that Rogue will be a villain in CM2) told that Disney plans Gambit series for Disney +.

Insider Mikey Sutton claims Gambit is coming to Disney+ with a Western slant.
    According to Sutton, the show will take on a gun-slinging Western vibe, yet boast mutant combat, as opposed to shootouts. Sutton stated:

…Gambit will appear in the movies but there is no solo film being discussed. What they see for Gambit is a TV series set in the MCU for Disney+. The tone talked about is a modern Western, a mutant Maverick, if you will, with sly wit and gritty action enveloped by a New Orleans flavor.

According to Sutton, Tatum is completely out, and while anything remains possible, fans should not expect to see the former Magic Mike star take on the card thrower. According to Sutton, the studio is aiming for a Harrison Ford-type actor, yet probably a bit younger. Sutton stated:

Apparently, they prefer somebody younger, a Harrison Ford type, a charmer who is a little rough around the edges…

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertain...-insider.html/

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...jcgL1Efw3n7yRt
    Last edited by Purplevit; 04-04-2020 at 01:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Totally. I definitely needed to treat myself. 2020 has been such a s*** show so far haha

Also, AppleJ, I loved your tumblr post about Remy being a dad. Top-notch quality content that I need right now
    Thanks Sandman's! This is what happens when I have too much time on my hands. ; )

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    First Black Knight insider told to The Lord of the Long box that Gambit tv show is planned for Disney.

Now second scooper Mikey Sutton (earlier he told that Rogue will be a villain in CM2) told that Disney plans Gambit series for Disney +.

Insider Mikey Sutton claims Gambit is coming to Disney+ with a Western slant.
    According to Sutton, the show will take on a gun-slinging Western vibe, yet boast mutant combat, as opposed to shootouts. Sutton stated:

…Gambit will appear in the movies but there is no solo film being discussed. What they see for Gambit is a TV series set in the MCU for Disney+. The tone talked about is a modern Western, a mutant Maverick, if you will, with sly wit and gritty action enveloped by a New Orleans flavor.

According to Sutton, Tatum is completely out, and while anything remains possible, fans should not expect to see the former Magic Mike star take on the card thrower. According to Sutton, the studio is aiming for a Harrison Ford-type actor, yet probably a bit younger. Sutton stated:

Apparently, they prefer somebody younger, a Harrison Ford type, a charmer who is a little rough around the edges…

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertain...-insider.html/

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...jcgL1Efw3n7yRt
    Well I might just die and go to heaven if this happens to be true.

I definitely see the parallels between a Harrison Ford type and Gambit. The charming rogue/thief, morally gray but follows their own code and has a heart of gold. Actually the Han and Leia dynamic has lots of Gambit and Rogue similarities.

Hopefully they would find a relatively unknown actor with decent acting chops, maybe some martial arts skills. The eternal question is whether to tackle the accent or not.

I wonder how much the pandemic is affecting TV and film production and how big of an impact it's going to have on the coming seasons. As a consequence, will there be a surge in animation? Now would be a good time for Disney to start thinking about a new X-men cartoon or animated films or whatever (wishful thinking? lol).

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    I definitely see the parallels between a Harrison Ford type and Gambit. The charming rogue/thief, morally gray but follows their own code and has a heart of gold. Actually the Han and Leia dynamic has lots of Gambit and Rogue similarities.
    Funny, I just stumbled upon this art by Rey Arzeno on reddit:

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Funny, I just stumbled upon this art by Rey Arzeno on reddit:

Old art but gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Old art but gold.
    Haha! Well there you go!

Somehow the notion of the very eloquent Beast as Chewie really tickles me. Also, got to love Nightcrawler as Luke with that whole brother sister thing when Rogue is Leia.

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    I wonder how much the pandemic is affecting TV and film production and how big of an impact it's going to have on the coming seasons. As a consequence, will there be a surge in animation? Now would be a good time for Disney to start thinking about a new X-men cartoon or animated films or whatever (wishful thinking? lol).
    That's an excellent point. With nothing filming right now there's going to be a major lack of new programs for quite a bit. I suspect they are holding back a lot of releases already just so they can pepper us with them slowly.

There WERE some rumblings about a new animated X-Man series WAY back. Maybe this will push it forward? Also, with some writers in need of work considering comics are shutdown ... wouldn't it be amazing to have a comics writer contributing on an animated series?

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Exactly. A lot of voice actors work remotely anyways, so it would make sense that we could get an animated series before too long, even with everything happening.
    Make Good Art

My Funko Pops finally got delivered and, wow, are they cool. So worth the wait.

My Funko Pops finally got delivered and, wow, are they cool. So worth the wait.
    Nice! Which ones did you get?
    Make Good Art

Yay for Funkos! I can't wait until mine arrive.

Also, did ya'll see this art from Chris Palmer on Twitter?
    cd933e58-2252-4245-83c4-54e2cca9db2c.jpg

AoA admittedly not the best for Romy, but the sentiment captured here is endearing.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Yay for Funkos! I can't wait until mine arrive.

Also, did ya'll see this art from Chris Palmer on Twitter?
    cd933e58-2252-4245-83c4-54e2cca9db2c.jpg

AoA admittedly not the best for Romy, but the sentiment captured here is endearing.
    Yeah, I have a lot of thoughts about AoA (particularly to Magneto's ethics in it), but I like this piece a lot.
    Make Good Art

Nice! Which ones did you get?
    Oh just the regular ones. I'm impressed with them nevertheless. Really neat. The timing of their release is kind of nice too, I guess: it gives us something to be happy about!

Yeah, I have a lot of thoughts about AoA (particularly to Magneto's ethics in it), but I like this piece a lot.
    Totally agree: nice art, not a fan of AoA.

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Yeah, I have a lot of thoughts about AoA (particularly to Magneto's ethics in it)
    Like the fact he groomed a 15 year old girl, and worked to figure out how to knock her up without bothering to figure out how she could hold her own child?

Her hair cut was great tho.