Page 70 of 94 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1407
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    I have a theory about that. I feel the activity of Marvel superheroes is a cauldron that does two things. It prepares heroes by giving them experience. And it has the bonus of protecting the world from chaos. Even though heroes losing a lot makes them look defective, or less smarter than the efficient and better DC heroes, there are two benefits here. You get a more real Marvel universe with heroes that have faults, and, you see how even though they have faults, they still get things done. The MU basically hasn’t changed with their superheroes on mission. It just says plug along anyway, even if things don’t go your way.
    Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    It’s a big challenge, Huntsman, for a society like ours that hasn’t had to fight for it’s freedom in all-out war in our backyards. You get lacksidaisical because you are trained to just live an ordinary life. Sure, there are opportunities to become activists, but to the general population, you don’t get the anger necessary to go out on the streets. I don’t know the solution to getting a country prepared for war if their world is in relative peace.
    That's a good way to look at it, and yeah, good point there as well.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    Honestly, the "main" books should have been a tie in or a parrallel series while we followed Blade in the main series, since that's where what feels like the real story is. I very much appreciate the slow reveal of how wrong the world is but we could probably do the same story with a bit more plot to it?
    Agreed. I find that the event would have worked better with each of the Squadron issues being a mock one-shot (possibly with a fake issue number to go along with the theme), while the event followed Blade navigating through this world to assemble the Avengers. The way that they’ve done it just feels lazy and like they didn’t have any real story that would fill these issues and as such they relegated all the actual story progression to these back-ups at the end of each issue.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Heroes Reborn #6 preview.

Does Kamala know of this?
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

I find it difficult to believe that this stuff really appeals to anyone. Is this the current state of comics today?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post

Thanks to Deadpool, yes, she does know how violent Zarda and the rest of the Squadron are. It prompted her to rename her Young Squadron team to their mainstream counterparts' name, the Champions, at the end of their one-shot.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

This is one of those events where the tie-ins overshadow the actual event itself.

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    This is one of those events where the tie-ins overshadow the actual event itself.
    Such as, IMHO, Gage and Slott's Avengers, the Innitiative really kicked Bendis' Secret Invasion's ass.

Peace

She sounds like an Aaron Asgardian lady.

Is this how he would actually write Wonder Woman?

Have to say I don't care much for this writing. Does every "godlike" character nowaday have to have an overdone ol' Hercules personality?

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Have to say I don't care much for this writing. Does every "godlike" character nowaday have to have an overdone ol' Hercules personality?

Peace
    I was tired of it with the Asgardians by the end of his Thor run.

But Aaron like his hedonistic, hard-drinking, warrior types.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

I have to remind myself that this is a lampoon and not a serious take on a Wonder Woman homage. That said, people are spending real money on this tripe. Somehow I expect more from Marvel for their hard-earned dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post

Peace
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I was tired of it with the Asgardians by the end of his Thor run.

But Aaron like his hedonistic, hard-drinking, warrior types.
    Well given how Aaron’s been writing She-Hulk, really not surprising that his Zarda would also be brutish. It’s just that with her, it’s hidden under a traditional beautiful exterior.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    She sounds like an Aaron Asgardian lady.

Is this how he would actually write Wonder Woman?
    Isn't this how he writes women in general lol?

Honestly just looking at the contrast between his She-Hulk and the way Al Ewing writes her, it's like night and day. In one issue of Immortal Hulk Ewing gave Jen more character and depth than Aaron did in the 40+ issues of Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    Isn't this how he writes women in general lol?

Honestly just looking at the contrast between his She-Hulk and the way Al Ewing writes her, it's like night and day. In one issue of Immortal Hulk Ewing gave Jen more character and depth than Aaron did in the 40+ issues of Avengers.
    He definitely tends to...

Is Jane Foster (who he wrote in his Thor run) the only woman he knows how to write, or what?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman