Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Wasn't the reason Whedon wrote Clint getting a family was to push Nat-Bruce for no reason?

Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    Wasn't the reason Whedon wrote Clint getting a family was to push Nat-Bruce for no reason?

Ugh.
    That seems quite possible.

On another note: There's actually a bunch of deleted scenes floating about now.

Things I've seen somewhere on twitter:

spoilers:

- three scenes with Clint as a boy, stealing from people with his mother where she gets arrested in the end.
    - Clint and Kate shopping arrows.
    - Clint and Echo meeting again after the final battle in an ending that sees here drive off on a bike.
    - little Maya hanging with Fisk.
    - Fisk recruiting Kate's mom
    end of spoilers
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post

spoilers:

- three scenes with Clint as a boy, stealing from people with his mother where she gets arrested in the end.
    - Clint and Echo meeting again after the final battle in an ending that sees here drive off on a bike.
    end of spoilers
    I haven't found scenes 2, 3 and 4 (probably because I'm not on twitter and only look for links) but have seen 1 and 5, do you have a link for them?

Ugh.
    I would say that it's certainly part of it. His reasons for Nat/Bruce are quite icky, and he also seems to have a fascination with taking what fans want and doing the opposite just for the reactions. He was oddly excited for Clintasha fans to watch AoU at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by James Hunter View Post
    I haven't found scenes 2, 3 and 4 (probably because I'm not on twitter and only look for links) but have seen 1 and 5, do you have a link for them?
    I think eventually D+ may upload them up as well. Maybe they planned to but delayed them along with the making of featurette? Editing this to remove the name of the user I saw that has them posted on twitter as some seem to have been taken down now and I'm not sure I should be posting a name with illegal videos. sorry!
    Last edited by Sneakronicity; 01-21-2022 at 05:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post

spoilers:

end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I wonder if it was seen as just too on-the-nose for both Hawkeye's to have criminal parents that they end up helping get arrested, although it makes Clint's line at the end more poignant and understandable because he did the same thing.

I wonder if that Clint/Echo scene would resolve a lot of the issues I had with how they addressed his crimes as Ronin (or lack of addressing) by the end.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    I wonder if it was seen as just too on-the-nose for both Hawkeye's to have criminal parents that they end up helping get arrested, although it makes Clint's line at the end more poignant and understandable because he did the same thing.

I wonder if that Clint/Echo scene would resolve a lot of the issues I had with how they addressed his crimes as Ronin (or lack of addressing) by the end.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    if you didn't like the relationship between Maya and Clint you, this one wouldn't save it for you.

By the by I've actually seen some more scenes now and I gotta say as much as seeing kid Clint's past was cool it wasn't the most engaging flashback sequence I thought.

Meanwhile the scene between grills and Clint I just saw was probably my favourite deleted scene of those I've seen so far

There's also an alternate take on Kate's day after the auction where she starts at work and it's actually kinda awkward moreso than fun. Good thing they cut that one.
    end of spoilers
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

My Twitter

The problem with MCU Clint is that they gave his comics personality go Tony Stark way back in 2008
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Eh I would not say that. They both have the snark going but there are enough differences to make those two separate characters.
    But it probably didn't help that almost everyone was quippy already by the time Clint came into the fold, yeah.
    Last edited by Matternativ; 01-23-2022 at 11:00 PM.

My Twitter

I blame Ultimate Hawkeye.

OR the Ultimate Universe in general. Clint wasn't the only thing the MCU took inspiration for from the Ultimate Universe, although he may have been the worst victim of it.

Spectacular Member Ruby Quartz Diamond's Avatar

I have yet to read it but I love how Hawkeye looks in the cover of Ultimate Hawkeye. His pose was rather hot.

I kinda wish they had went with his* masked outfit for the MCU rather than the black vest.

*As in ultimate Hawkeye
    Last edited by Matternativ; 01-26-2022 at 05:12 PM.

My Twitter

Ugh.
    Might be wrong but I believe it symbolized and gave urgency to what the Avengers were fighting for. Kind of an Americana narrative. On the other hand,too bad there wasn’t enough hot water.
    “We’ve learned that quiet isn’t always peace and the norms and notions of what just is, isn’t always justice.”

Spectacular Member Ruby Quartz Diamond's Avatar

I started watching Earth's Mightiest Heroes a few days ago and I'm loving this adaptation of Hawkeye so far. He's a SHIELD agent who questions his own organization after he witnessed Hulk's heroic acts and he was later framed as Black Widow as a HYDRA spy. Actually, I'm liking all the characters so far and more than their MCU counterparts. I'm only at episode 8 though. Can't wait to binge watch the rest of this series.