Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 32383940414243 LastLast
    Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 666MasterOfPuppets View Post
    Well, I certainly can't argue with that. Sometimes I forget about that "trivial" fact.

And here I am, thinking once more about what "Superman in the Marvel U" would be like.
    I honestly doubt Marvel would treat him any better. It's tempting to say, " screw it! Let Marvel have him! They honestly can't be more incompetent than Warner's...!" But fact is,its a good possibility they could actually do worse than DC. I could see the scenario where Superman would get owned by Thor,Hulk, Spidey and Wolverine on a regular basis.

Besides we've already seen Marvel Comics Superman. It was MAN OF STEEL by John Byrne.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Omnes Viae Ad Infernum 666MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    The legendary Fortress Of Solitude, the strangest place on earth

Well, hadn't thought of it that way. It certainly is a possibility, but I see it as at least a pair of fresh eyes looking at the character, and trying to find ways to insert him into that universe.

Anyway, you might very well be right. After all, Bruce and Logan are (currently) dead and Thor is "unworthy".

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    Besides we've already seen Marvel Comics Superman. It was MAN OF STEEL by John Byrne.
    Thank God

"Man of Steel" was a breath of fresh air and the reason I'm such a Superman fanatic today.

Quote Originally Posted by 666MasterOfPuppets View Post
    Well, hadn't thought of it that way. It certainly is a possibility, but I see it as at least a pair of fresh eyes looking at the character, and trying to find ways to insert him into that universe.

Anyway, you might very well be right. After all, Bruce and Logan are (currently) dead and Thor is "unworthy".
    I agree.

The marvel comic universe today IMO is a mess.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Grass always looks greener on the other side of the fence.Upon closer inspection, it's clear it's just as riddled with cow patties as the lawn we are in.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Superman is already like a Marvel comic. All at once we have Edge of the Super-Verse (Multiplicity), Superior Superman (Lex), "Jane Foster" Superwoman and Superdad: Renew your Vows.

With Max Lord's return in JLvsSS, it got me thinking to the debacle of Sacrifice, and how it would actually be pretty cool to connect that mess with the Superman Blue/Red situation. Blame Superman's meek and pathetic showings in not only that story but that whole era on the fact the more "aggressive" side of him was still gone. He started balancing out a bit more as time went on, his soul doing its best to repair itself the best it could, hence why he's more, well, Superman now than he ever was since around Identity Crisis to before Flashpoint. But its still just a rough cut and paste job, he's still incomplete regardless. Or maybe its not even that. Maybe the more subtle changes to him recently, his more take charge attitude, an increased level of confidence and a more complete embracing of who he is beyond his human side, is attributed to New 52 Superman, in his current state, is actually trying to attach itself to him already without him knowing it, helping him along.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 01-10-2017 at 07:15 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

I could see the scenario where Superman would get owned by Thor,Hulk, Spidey and Wolverine on a regular basis.

Not that I like Superman being owned by anyone but getting owned by the likes of Thor,Hulk,Spidey,and, Wolverine is tons better than by Batman and Deathstroke (to name a few barely stronger than normal humans).. Having said that, I don't believe he would fair as bad at Marvel. I see how the Hulk is always or most times the alpha superhero if they had Superman he would be treated as such.
    Last edited by W8IN4KAL-EL; 01-10-2017 at 10:47 PM.

Incredible Member

If the Superman Red/Blue theory proves true, I'm going to make threads about the RETURN OF BLOODTHIRST and any other abandoned arcs I can remember:

- BLOODTHIRST, YA MOOKS!!!!
    - Cerberus: Aliens, mad scientists, something connected to The Union? I have no idea.
    - What happened to Kaleb? No, really. Lex had Kaleb, he used him to test synthethic kryptonite, we never hear about him ever again. Did Lex left a human-kryptonianish hybrid just lying inside his basement forever?
    - HELLO DID EVERYONE FORGET THAT THE AGENDA/EVIL FACTORY GOT ALL THE HEROES' DNA? Kryptonian, Amazonian, Martian, Atlantean...
    - No really, what the hell Ignition was?

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Pfft! If Superman went all out with any restraint he could beat 90% of the Marvel.Universe without breaking a sweat. Sentry, Hyperion & Beyonder could give him a run for his money, but most of the rest wouldn't stand a chance!

And I agree, if they are going to touch on Red & Blue Supes they could touch on other elements from that Era as well.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLanternRanger View Post
    Pfft! If Superman went all out with any restraint he could beat 90% of the Marvel.Universe without breaking a sweat. Sentry, Hyperion & Beyonder could give him a run for his money, but most of the rest wouldn't stand a chance!

And I agree, if they are going to touch on Red & Blue Supes they could touch on other elements from that Era as well.
    Scorn? Remember him? He was a giant blue dude with horns from the bottled city of Kandor. For a while, he was bounding around Metropolis in full costume calling himself Superman. Basically, Clark had already transitioned to his Superman Blue look (No sign of Superman Red yet at that point), and so Scorn grabbed one of his old classic costumes.

I only remember this because I read the relevant comics over the last week or two. I'm up to where Superman Blue and The Atom (Who is somehow a teenager) are visiting Kandor.
    Last edited by SuperCrab; 01-10-2017 at 11:30 PM.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

So I just read the new JL vs SS issue, and one of the characters can read the future and tells Superman while she is fighting with them, that he would rather just die than learn the "truth".

Also it's teased that Saturn Girl's story will show up in upcoming issues of Supergirl.

In reality I want to just chalk this up to foreshadowing that won't lead anywhere close to the level of forboding as it makes it sound like.

But for the sake of argument lets say that it does amount to something. What would hurt Superman that badly? Finding out the truth about the Earth? Hardly. I mean why would finding out that this Earth is actually his home be so bad that he'd actually want to die? The Planet of the Apes reveal doesn't change anything really as he already came to grips with the fact his old history was gone. Its just "gone" in a different way than what he believed. He has his family and that's enough for him. We've seen that in practice. For me there's only one thing. Or two things. He's either truly not married to Lois and/or truly doesn't have a son. Those are the only things that would hurt him to such a degree. And obviously its hard to see these things actually being the truth of the situation. Jon just got his title, so he's not going anywhere anytime soon. But would they actually do something where the fixed timeline has Lois and Clark unmarried once again, but as an anomaly Jon remains?

I dunno, probably far-fetched which is why I have a hard time believing the foreshadowing, like I said. But if there was to be something to it, it has to be some sort of twist. Because with what we believe we know now of the truth of the situation, if anything it'd make Clark happy or at the very least content, not devastate him. So something's not washing.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

I honestly doubt Marvel would treat him any better. It's tempting to say, " screw it! Let Marvel have him! They honestly can't be more incompetent than Warner's...!" But fact is,its a good possibility they could actually do worse than DC. I could see the scenario where Superman would get owned by Thor,Hulk, Spidey and Wolverine on a regular basis.

This.

Truth is, DC and Marvel are basically the same company. Marvel has a much, much better PR machine, but at the end of the day they put out just as many crap comics as DC does. They screw with their big names just as much (more, currently). They're more addicted to media synergy (which is a mixed bag). Sometimes they're the better company, sometimes they're not. They do control the market 99% of the time, but.....so what? That doesn't really matter as far as quality goes.

That said, if Disney bought Superman from DC, we might see Marvel treat the Man of Steel with a little more respect.....temporarily. Imagine you run into a guy who owns a classic Mustang and has spent the last twenty years driving it around on his usual, day-to-day errands. The car is in decent shape but could definitely use a tune-up. Then he sells that car to you. You are going to baby that thing and relish the "new sports car" high. You're going to fix it up, maybe throw a new paint job on it. But after driving to work in your new Mustang for a couple weeks? Soda cans are going to find their way onto the floor boards, you're going to end up tossing trash in the back, you're going to let that oil change wait a week or two longer than you should....that "new sports car" high will end and you'll end up treating that car the same as you did your old ones.

That's what would happen if Marvel got a hold of Superman. For a little while, they'd put their best people on him and make a big deal out of Superman's new presence in the MU. And odds are it'd be pretty good. But after a year or so? He's just another character (who makes less money than Spidey and the Avengers) and right now look at Marvel's big names; Steve is evil, Tony is dead and/or disgraced, Banner is dead, Thor is unworthy, the Richards are MIA, and Parker.....actually I dunno about him since I dont read his books. But not too long ago he was dead and replaced by Doc Ock.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

DC & Marvel are not even remotely the same company! Marvel has better PR true, but their main comics have been going downhill for a decade now. The only thing they have in common is they both do superheroes and both do great comics for B/ C list & lesser known characters that don't get as much love as they deserve!

Back on topic, can't wait to see how this storyline pans out!
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!