Page 63 of 340 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773113163 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    And Diana in the JLD backup:

I had the hope that after the Annual the JLD would have its own series.

Cover of Justice League Infinity #7

Posted this already in the Nubia thread but looks like that series might be leading up to something.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    The current creative team has had some stellar issues. If you collect 770, 771 and 772 you have a really great story there that doesn't require any prior knowledge of WW. The story continues after that but only the other issues drawn by Travis Moore have the same quality.

Apart from that, everyone here is really excited about the black label book Wonder Woman Historia: Amazons. It's not about Diana though. It's about the 3000 years of history of the amazons, and the art is just mind blowing. Seriously, check out the Phil Jimenez instagram page, you won't believe the work he put into this book. It comes out in November.

I would also recommend the first issue of Wonder Woman: Black and Gold. It has some amazing art in there and really fun and somewhat poignant stories. The other issues also have some good stories but are not as compelling to me.
    Also, there was a 6 issue miniseries by Liam Sharp that I haven't gotten around to read called The Brave And The Bold: Batman and Wonder Woman. The story seemed good and the art was absolutely astounding, as is to be expected from Liam Sharp.

Steve Orlando also wrote some pretty cool stories these last few years but the best of them aren't in singular trades. I would recommend WonderWoman vol 5 Annual 4

If you are able to find them then two other solo issues by Orlando are Wonder Woman vol 5 #51, a nice story about Diana every few years visiting a villain called Mayfly whom she put in prison. Wonder Woman vol 5 #73 is an awesome and endearing flashback into Diana's childhood adventure with her mom in a dangerous mirror dimension.
    Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I have to agree with Alpha that Historia is going to be the big one, though God knows when we will have it all collected. The author stated she wants it to be the length of From Hell by the time it's completed, and so far only the first three of the nine massive issues she has planned have been announced. But the first issue in November (about the goddesses creating the Amazons and Hippolyta meeting them) will definitely be worth getting on its own.

JLA: A League of One stars Wonder Woman despite the title, that'd be a good one to get as well. I'm also curious on what the general consensus is here on Gail Simone's WW/Conan team up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Recent-ish? Well aside from what's already been mentioned. There's Wonder Woman: Evolution by Stephanie Philips (Harley Quinn writer) on the way in November.

I've enjoyed the current Black and Gold mini-series (still ongoing, so you'll have to wait if you want to read it all collected). Sensational Wonder Woman had a few decent gold nuggets for one off issues.

Bit more on the niche side but I also liked Batman '66 Meets Wonder Woman '77
    Based on the recommendations I think I'll trade wait Black and Gold (been meaning to get Harley Quinn's Black and White and Red, so grabbing both at the same time could be a fun night), look forward to Historia and get it when it comes out, and look into the reviews for Evolution as it comes out. Thank you all very much!

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

DC Comics Brings Wonder Woman and Serena Williams Together in New Comic

Serena Williams, incredible human, legendary tennis player, and… Wonder Woman? It makes sense. In a recent ad campaign for DIRECTV STREAM, Williams has embodied the superhero. Instead of wielding the Lasso of Truth, Williams saves the day with a tennis racket, impressive skills, and a fierce attitude. And her role as Wonder Woman is expanding! DC Comics, Critical Mass, and DIRECTV are bringing Wonder Woman and Serena Williams together in a new digital comic, Serving Up Justice: Featuring Serena Williams and Wonder Woman.

DIRECTV will release the comic in four chapters with the first installment dropping today. Serving Up Justice has a killer creative team, too. Amanda Deibert is writing. We have Cat Staggs on illustrations, Dave McCaig coloring, and Josh Reed lettering. The synopsis for Chapter One of the Wonder Woman and Serena Williams mashup is as follows:

"Serena Williams’ grand slam tournament turns into the competition of her lifetime when a sudden robot invasion interrupts the match. As she uses her tennis skills to try to protect innocent people from these overzealous invaders, she discovers a rift in the multiverse and someone who looks a lot like her… or an alternate version of Wonder Woman?"

Robot invasion? The multiverse? We’re glad to see this comic isn’t holding back. Bring on silly comic book goodness, please.

This campaign has a Twitter component that kicks off in conjunction with the comic release. If fans share what they think about this dynamic duo on Twitter using the hashtag #DIRECTV or #GetYourTVTogether, they’ll trigger an #EpicSerena custom Twitter emoji.

Serving Up Justice: Featuring Serena Williams and Wonder Woman launches today at DIRECTV. Stay tuned to that site for the remaining three chapters of the story.

https://nerdist.com/article/wonder-w...ng-up-justice/

Extraordinary Member

There will be a Wonder Woman/Vixen team up story in the Are You Afraid Of Darkseid one-shot:

Seems like Kanga won't be part of the DC League of Super Pets. But WW could conceivably be the friend/ owner of another pet, since the descriptions don't seem to be describing actual pets from the comics

Seems like Kanga won't be part of the DC League of Super Pets.

If Jumpa isn't Wonder Woman's representing pet, this project is a complete and utter waste of time.
    Last edited by Guy_McNichts; 09-24-2021 at 10:39 AM.

Seems like Kanga won't be part of the DC League of Super Pets. But WW could conceivably be the friend/ owner of another pet, since the descriptions don't seem to be describing actual pets from the comics
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

To be fair, this is how the rumored description goes

"Krypto must learn to be less alien; and more “human” to teach a dog, a pig, a squirrel, and a turtle how to harness their new powers, work together, and become the superheroes they were destined to be. But can they defeat a twisted guinea pig named Lulu and save the Justice League and Metropolis from destruction? And will a bunch of strays find homes with the most famous superheroes on earth?”

If this rumored description is true then it doesn't seem like anyone in the Justice League will have pets, other than Superman and maybe Batman with the other dog (ace the bat hound). The League of Super Pets will probably just be random stray animals.

Incredible Member

To be fair, this is how the rumored description goes

"Krypto must learn to be less alien; and more “human” to teach a dog, a pig, a squirrel, and a turtle how to harness their new powers, work together, and become the superheroes they were destined to be. But can they defeat a twisted guinea pig named Lulu and save the Justice League and Metropolis from destruction? And will a bunch of strays find homes with the most famous superheroes on earth?”

If this rumored description is true then it doesn't seem like anyone in the Justice League will have pets, other than Superman and maybe Batman with the other dog (ace the bat hound). The League of Super Pets will probably just be random stray animals.
    Aaaaaand these writers have missed the point lol. On imdb the only roles currently listed are for Ace and Krypto, so Bats and Supes get their pets. Jumpa is literally life and such a great encapsulation of the fantastical and whimsical WW mythos :/ I'm like 90% less interested in this film now.

Bah. Weak-sauce.

Also...
    Please don't tell me we're going to see the Justice League jobbed out in the silly pet spin-off.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    Bah. Weak-sauce.

Also...

Please don't tell me we're going to see the Justice League jobbed out in the silly pet spin-off.
    In fairness, it's a movie about superpowered animals aimed at kids. I wouldn't take it too seriously.

Yes it's a kids book. I don't mind it at all.

I’m guessing we get Ace the Bathound, Wonder Pig (we’ve been there once with Miss Piggy and once in Justice League Unlimited), a GL squirrel, and Flash turtle.