Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    I've considered it. I'd need to rewrite some of them, because my writing has changed and I'd like to spruce them up (also, there are consistency issues that would need to be addressed - I 'know more' now than I did when I started these things). But not a lot. There are two different series, alternating year by year, though one of the series has for now run to an end (so I'll just be continuing various storylines in the other series). So there would be two different anthologies, one of which is tied to a novel I've written (and damned well almost got published, only to have it not make the final cut on the Baen editor's desk -_- ).

Could self-publish the lot.

They're not really all that festive, mind. ^_^ Happy endings? Mostly. But 'festive'... *wiggles hand*
    Oh, I kind of always assumed there was a festive bent to them, due to their timing.

In any case though, that definitely sounds like a thing worth doing.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Oh, I kind of always assumed there was a festive bent to them, due to their timing.
    The urban fantasy is a series with Angels and Fallen Angels in Vancouver, messing around with people and often each other. It's less...fight-y and more thoughtful, so there's that. Also it often takes place in wintertime, so maybe?

The other one, no. Like, not at all Christmas - y. First story is about an assassin returning to her country with the intent of murdering her corrupt king. Moral choices, etc.

In any case though, that definitely sounds like a thing worth doing.
    Hm. Hm.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

The urban fantasy is a series with Angels and Fallen Angels in Vancouver, messing around with people and often each other. It's less...fight-y and more thoughtful, so there's that. Also it often takes place in wintertime, so maybe?

The other one, no. Like, not at all Christmas - y. First story is about an assassin returning to her country with the intent of murdering her corrupt king. Moral choices, etc.

Hm. Hm.
    I say go for it Sharp. Could be fun and get your books out there.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    I say go for it Sharp. Could be fun and get your books out there.
    Thanks.

I've been trying to publish two different series of books for years. Come close a few times, but...just doesn't seem to make the cut. But I'm locked into these things, and they've become my reason for writing now (rather than 'write to get published' - I would love to publish these things, but it's more important that I FINISH them, not just start something I figure has a better chance of getting published).

So maybe I'll self-publish the two series (one of which is connected with one of my New Years Series of novelettes), and both New Years series as separate anthologies.

Buuuut...have some work left to do on them. For example, for one series I've finished books one and two, and am partway through three (they're...big, which is at least ONE of the problems with getting them published, especially for someone who hasn't been published before, and my niche-market Ironclaw books don't count for that), but there's stuff I want to change in books one and two to make them more reflect my current views about certain important things. ^_^

Someday!
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Extraordinary Member

Well, it's the fight of the ages.

...which side gets Tex?
    Why are we here?

Extraordinary Member

...which side gets Tex?
    Blue, because it's the season 1 teams.

Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

just finished reading "The Hero Who Seeks Revenge Shall Exterminate with Darkness".

..........oh boy. and i thought i had seen all the revenge stories out there.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

today marks the 20th anniversary of the death of a rap icon here in houston.

Robert Earl Davis Jr., aka DJ screw. he created and popularized a form of rap music called "chopped and screw". it's where you take an existing song or rap and slow it way down and adding skips, record scratches and repeating lines to give the song an almost psychedelic flow to it. sadly, he died at the age of 29 from a OD of "purple stuff", but his influence on the houston rap scene and southern rap in general is massive.

the one song i would hear a lot in houston in this style is phil collins' "in the air tonight".

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Blue, because it's the season 1 teams.
    ...pretty easy to guess who wins, then.
    Why are we here?

Iron Twister, if you're interested in some character development in High&Low and you haven't seen Season II, I strongly recommend it.

Loads more than in the movies - less fights, more interaction. Episode 6 has a TON of stuff about Rocky, and Episode 7 shows the fallout for Murayama regarding his loss to Cobra (and some weirdness with Ichigo Milk and Murayama, but they're basically in the show for comedy relief).
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 11-16-2020 at 06:51 PM.
    Why are we here?