Page 19 of 456 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969119 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Don't forget there are also 3 pairs of dead twins.(Yeah, they should use that as advertisement)
    Miss America's, Magda's, and the Marya's(I kinda forget if Wanda and Pietro were actually meant to be Ana and Mateo during 2015-2016, or they were meant to be another pair of twins after Ana/Mateo's death.).
    Reminds me that Jessica Drew is also involved with Wundagore, I wonder if the reason she isn't dead is because she wasn't born there, or because she lacks a twin, 'cause maybe that place only kills twins lol.

Anyways, High Evolutionary said he just sent the kids back to their parents in Uncanny Avengers, and quite clearly says Marya is the mother:

(Uncanny Avengers#4 vol 2)

But then Wanda and Pietro now are the children of Natalya:

(Scarlet Witch#4 vol 2)

So yeah, for a while there was a possibility that Wanda and Pietro were Ana and Mateo, but then that was undone with the reveal that Natalya is the mother.

So, Wanda has four potential mothers, all of them just happened to have twins too, and to make it funnier, of those four mothers, two of them are partially the explanation of her powers, Natalya by being a previous Scarlet Witch, and Magda by being a gypsy:

(Vision and Scarlet Witch#5 vol 2)

Although that one could be Samhaim bullshitting her lol.

Still, it's weird so many reveals about Wanda happen in second volumes, two of them even happen in a fourth issue, almost sounds like an intentional joke from Marvel lol.

Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Busiek View Post
    The X-gene itself isn't just bad comic book science, it's like defining gravity as a savory sauce for meat and potatoes.

If you have an inheritable gene for it, it's not mutation.

Marvel's managed to define mutants as people who inherited a gene created by genetic engineering. Which is something that can reasonably happen in an SF story, but people like that aren't mutants. They're the product of genetic engineering. If your powers come from a gene that you inherited from your parents, even if that gene was recessive and unexpressed in them, you're not a mutant. You inherited your genes.

It always makes me snarl inside whenever it comes up.

kdb
    Ah, yeah, going by definitions like that, then they can't be called mutantions, but even if Marvel cared about that kind of accuracy, not calling characters like Polaris and Rachel "mutants" just wouldn't look as cool lol.

But I can understand wanting some details to be done in a specific way, in my case, there's the clones situation, even if I'm willing to accept clones inheriting the original's memory, I find it ridiculous when they also just happen to be just as competent in combat for example, when stuff like that is muscle memory, and a newborn body just shouldn't have muscle memory from the original, that's something ya gotta relearn lol.
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 01-10-2022 at 10:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I just checked it out Avengers#186 and that issues doesn't even confirm Magda died, but heavily implies it, since all it says is that she left a letter saying that if she remained alive, her husband might find her:

To make it a bit worse for Magda, she gets mentioned in X-Men#125, published a month after Avengers#186:

And it has Magneto not even being aware of her death, that could setup a return or whatever, but they did nothing, and her presence in X-Men#125 was just to be a hint for fans reading both Avengers and X-Men that Magneto is Wanda's and Pietro's father, so basically, Magda is just a clue that gave birth.

But yeah, sucks that most of Wanda's and Pietro's mothers died, like holy shit, 4 dead mothers, that's must be record, at least the one that raised them is back lol.

I mean, if we just talk about the origins of their powers, then Pietro's can always be excused as High Evolutionary nonsense, what I mean when it makes no sense is how they were identified as mutants for so damn long by everything, then suddenly they're not.

And Magda willingly went to Wundagore to be treated there... Maybe she knew the place would get her killed since she didn't want Magneto to find her alive .
    We don't find out for sure that Magda was dead until all the way in Children's Crusade.

Their lore for the mutant thing is now they thought they were mutants. They really were not. Which I guess could happen if any powered character gets their powers in their teenage years, but isn't fully aware of the actual source. For Spidey he knew his came from a spider. Wanda and Pietro would have to wait a while to find out. They just originally went on Magneto's word that they were mutants.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Don't forget there are also 3 pairs of dead twins.(Yeah, they should use that as advertisement)
    Miss America's, Magda's, and the Marya's(I kinda forget if Wanda and Pietro were actually meant to be Ana and Mateo during 2015-2016, or they were meant to be another pair of twins after Ana/Mateo's death.).
    There is also the forgotten sibling in Robert Frank Jr. and I imagine that Luminous won't be very remembered. Even if they never retcon away the HE stuff.

So, Wanda has four potential mothers, all of them just happened to have twins too, and to make it funnier, of those four mothers, two of them are partially the explanation of her powers, Natalya by being a previous Scarlet Witch, and Magda by being a gypsy:
    Romani is the proper term. That panel has.... so many issues. Thank god that's all gone.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 01-10-2022 at 11:55 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Reminds me that Jessica Drew is also involved with Wundagore, I wonder if the reason she isn't dead is because she wasn't born there, or because she lacks a twin, 'cause maybe that place only kills twins lol.

Anyways, High Evolutionary said he just sent the kids back to their parents in Uncanny Avengers, and quite clearly says Marya is the mother:

(Uncanny Avengers#4 vol 2)

But then Wanda and Pietro now are the children of Natalya:

(Scarlet Witch#4 vol 2)

So yeah, for a while there was a possibility that Wanda and Pietro were Ana and Mateo, but then that was undone with the reveal that Natalya is the mother.

(Vision and Scarlet Witch#5 vol 2)

Although that one could be Samhaim bullshitting her lol.

Still, it's weird so many reveals about Wanda happen in second volumes, two of them even happen in a fourth issue, almost sounds like an intentional joke from Marvel lol.

Edit:

Ah, yeah, going by definitions like that, then they can't be called mutantions, but even if Marvel cared about that kind of accuracy, not calling characters like Polaris and Rachel "mutants" just wouldn't look as cool lol.

But I can understand wanting some details to be done in a specific way, in my case, there's the clones situation, even if I'm willing to accept clones inheriting the original's memory, I find it ridiculous when they also just happen to be just as competent in combat for example, when stuff like that is muscle memory, and a newborn body just shouldn't have muscle memory from the original, that's something ya gotta relearn lol.
    The Maximoffs have twin children that were Ana and Mateo, in the original Nights of Wundagore. Django just call Wanda and Pietro those names because his was kinda not right in the head after all the trauma.
    The HE retcon(before Natalya) could be interpreted in this fashion, The Maximoffs had Ana and Mateo, HE kidnapped those children and the Maximoffs thought they were dead, later HE returned the babies to them and the Maximoffs probably didn't recognize them somehow and renamed them?(Also it raised another question, who named Wanda and Pietro in each iteration? Magda did name them as I recall. What about Whizzer&Miss America, and the Maximoffs version?)

In my headcanon, Wanda's parents are Natalya Maximoff and a nobody, who fell under the influence of Chthon to stop Natalya from rescuing the twins before he had a chance to mark Wanda
    Last edited by leokearon; 01-11-2022 at 04:26 AM.

This shit sounds like a mess.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    They don't need to revisit it if they don't want to, it's not interesting anyway. And Wanda probably won't have many chances to show up in comics in the foreseeable future so every issue should count.

So...Magda had twins who were alive and well, mid-wifed by Bova the Cow-Woman.....but they were not Wanda and Pietro.....so who are they?? Perhaps Aurora and Northstar???
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    So...Magda had twins who were alive and well, mid-wifed by Bova the Cow-Woman.....but they were not Wanda and Pietro.....so who are they?? Perhaps Aurora and Northstar???
    They probably died the same way Miss America's children died when the Magda retcon became a thing.

They probably died the same way Miss America's children died when the Magda retcon became a thing.
    I missed that part somehow, lol.

And now Miss America's babies are dead too? I mean, Miss A had high levels of radiation in her bloodstream with a previous dead baby and then Nuklo was deformed, so that could be plausible.

But I thought Magda had healthy infants.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I missed that part somehow, lol.

And now Miss America's babies are dead too? I mean, Miss A had high levels of radiation in her bloodstream with a previous dead baby and then Nuklo was deformed, so that could be plausible.

But I thought Magda had healthy infants.
    Yep, they were specifically said to be stillborn and stuff which broke Robert, and when Bova tried to offer Magda's kids to his care, he broke down and ran off.
    Magda's kids were not really mentioned during UA V2 when the HE retcon happened, which is why I say "probably". Since they were functionally dead and gone from the narrative.

Yep, they were specifically said to be stillborn and stuff which broke Robert, and when Bova tried to offer Magda's kids to his care, he broke down and ran off.
    Magda's kids were not really mentioned during UA V2 when the HE retcon happened, which is why I say "probably". Since they were functionally dead and gone from the narrative.
    Ah, thanks so much for filling me in.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Was just thinking the same. I have trouble even following this conversation lol.

im not saying that the topic should be switched or anything like that so please continue. It's just funny because it is exactly what some people criticize about comics. Being a huge convoluted mess. Imagine telling all of this to an outsider who has never read a comic before.

Extraordinary Member

Again about Darkhold Omega.
    One detail I wish they had for this story is that Wanda was kinda designed as Chthon's vessel, she was meant to contain Chthon.
    It will be great if there is plan worked out by Wanda herself like she leant how to repurpose this specific function of hers to be used to imprison Chthon inside her instead. It would make the ending feel more earned and of course ironic in a good way. They can add such details in her solo as well.