Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default X-Force 37. And the peacock man is......

Deadpool is annoying sage and hank as the work
    Deadpool: were you friendly and people liked you ?
    Hank throws him out

Dp we need a xforce chant
    Omega red throws him off a cliff

hank: ok not follow the single on the egg to xenos base
    sage: cant, its dead
    Hank: how ?
    sage: remember when they kidnaped that kid with psionic powers like 11 issues a go ?
    Hank: shit
    Domino: i have a idea maybe if we have me relive my torcher will find the answers.

at Xeno
    they fast grew max(the kid) and are using him to make a army of hybrids. and quires head is there for some reason.
    peacock : max my loving son I'm so proud of you
    max: are you going to chop me up ?
    peacock: why would you think that
    max: i can read your mind
    peacock: how about my origin story to help. well in my past dad and I raised peacocks
    max: this is a lie

xforce
    Dom relives the past. learning peacock is working with mikhail and on genosha ?

xeno
    peacock is a clone of the genegineer from genosha. got scared saving another clone and ran

xforce at genosha
    its a forest after the events empyre. the black bird is attacked by giant pink naked men

xeno
    peacock man: some day you'll leave scars on the world
    max: scars ? your going to chop me up ?
    peacock man: no
    max: i'm a experiment like you

A fusion of hank logan domino omega red marrow colossus and i think venom breaks out.

next time. something might happen or not i dont know

This is your most chaotic review yet and you're the official Green reviewer so that's saying a lot about the issue.

3 years for that reveal? Someone please get Percy off of this book

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    3 years for that reveal? Someone please get Percy off of this book
    After this timespan, a completely new character with a personal backstory would certainly be better than a clone of a character hardly anyone remembers.

Also another strike against the current era building up anyone new as valid opposition.

I thought I read that he is the son of the Genegineer, Philipp.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aeon View Post
    If that's so, THEN it would be interesting.
    Hope you are right. Would love ṭo seeJenny Ransome her reaction.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Astonishing Member

No. He's a clone. One of many

Mighty Member

He’s a clone of the Gengineer. He refers to Philip and his brother Tommy “as brothers” but he is not.

It would have been an interesting twist to see Philip turn on mutants and turn out to be like his father.

As a fan of the Xtinction Agenda and all things Claremont Genosha, I was pleasantly surprised to hear Genegineer. But it's been a long time waiting for this reveal and it's not the payoff Percy might think it is. That said, I hope this clonegineer up's the ante and really gives X-Force a headache.

Curious if this will link with the upcoming Genosha story in Marauders.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    He’s a clone of the Gengineer. He refers to Philip and his brother Tommy “as brothers” but he is not.

It would have been an interesting twist to see Philip turn on mutants and turn out to be like his father.
    Hard disagree. The entire point of Phillip’s character was even as a human he hated everything his father had done to mutants and Genosha and openly rebelled against him….and that was BEFORE he found out that he had a brother his father had used the mutate process on, he did it to Phillip’s girlfriend turned fiancée, and ultimately Phillip found out he was a latent mutant himself though his powers never manifested before the fall of Genosha. Which he was there for because even after he and his fellow rebels - most of them mutates and mutants - who’d fought to overthrow the Genoshan government saw their movement rendered kinda obsolete by Magneto’s takeover of Genosha, Phillip, Jenny and others among the rebels were made part of Magneto’s cabinet to help facilitate the shift from a Genosha that oppressed mutants to a mutant homeland.

So not only is Phillip dead, killed during the Genoshan massacre alongside his mutant fiancée and all his friends he’d helped fight and fought for even when still believing himself to be fully human with no idea he and his brother had a personal stake in what their father had done to Genosha’s latent mutant population by virtue of being latents themselves, if and when he were to come back….the single most plausible avenue for that is through resurrection, since as a KNOWN latent mutant - his status as such being something his old boss Magneto was fully aware of - he’s either already in the resurrection queue, the Waiting Room or due to be brought back when Marauders resurrects Genosha, and would be brought back as a fully activated mutant who already has extensive ties within the mutant community.

Tbh, if it weren’t David himself, I could see it being Tommy (Zealot) before Phillip because even though he was a fully activated mutant after his father’s process was used to make him a mindless terraformer working on behalf of Genosha’s humans, he was later killed by Magneto when the two of them fought over who should lead Genosha’s mutant people. Like Tommy hates humanity as much as his dad hates mutants, but he also hates Magneto so I could have seen a plot line where he worked against Krakoa as part of a long term scheme to discredit its rulers including Magneto and eventually then displant him from within Krakoa in his non disguised form as Zealot.

But with what we’ve actually seen of the Man with the Peacock Tattoo I think having it be one of his sons instead of David itself would have been the real reach. But I’ll admit this is more of a deep cut than I feel Percy usually goes for. I don’t know whether it’s naive or not to think this might lead to X-Force looping a resurrected Phillip and Tommy into this plot now because of their father similar to how it’s looped Piotr in because of Mikhail….because I truly don’t get the point of delving all the way back to the Genegineer as a revived antagonist to mutants if you’re not planning to touch on his mutant sons who were the entire source of his downfall and the cornerstones of the rebellion against the old government, which he was a primary component of.

I don't think I have ever been that underwhelmed by a reveal.

So most mutants in Krakoa are clones nowadays, Sinister has clones of himself, the Genegineer cloned himself…. Will we ever be done with clones

Astonishing Member

So most mutants in Krakoa are clones nowadays, Sinister has clones of himself, the Genegineer cloned himself…. Will we ever be done with clones
    So we are basicly in the X-men version of the clone saga right now?

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Someone a few months ago said that all the X-Men we see running around on Krakoa are clones and the real X-Men are imprisoned inside Krakoa so that it can nibble on them as snacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    …..

F7D063C6-4887-4D8B-B80E-AD272DF80DDA.jpg