Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Krypton on Syfy

Default Krypton on Syfy

Still watching the pilot now but it amazes me how much better this version of Krypton is vs the Krypton on Man Of Steel. Not a CGI Space Dragon Fly in sight. The sets and scenery are impressive.
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

BANNED

It's fantastic. Honestly stunned that a show that builds its own sets completely from scratch, has one of the best special effects teams on television, with characters like Hawkgirl & Adam Strange and an actually comic book accurate Brainiac is getting written off because it doesn't have Superman.

The show is gonna be really promising

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    It's fantastic. Honestly stunned that a show that builds its own sets completely from scratch, has one of the best special effects teams on television, with characters like Hawkgirl & Adam Strange and an actually comic book accurate Brainiac is getting written off because it doesn't have Superman.

The show is gonna be really promising
    Is hawkgirl gonna be on it then?

Matt "peace out suckas"

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Is the show being streamed anywhere?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    Is hawkgirl gonna be on it then?
    yep she is

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Is the show being streamed anywhere?
    check SyFy's website

I posted how much I enjoyed it over in the Superman forums. Seems well received there. But I'm a little worried that the visual similarity to the DCEU will put people off. Hope it gets some positive social media buzz.

I was happy to see the classic S show up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadeb View Post
    I posted how much I enjoyed it over in the Superman forums. Seems well received there. But I'm a little worried that the visual similarity to the DCEU will put people off. Hope it gets some positive social media buzz.

I was happy to see the classic S show up.
    It looks nothing like the DCEU krypton though.

Matt "peace out suckas"

So Kandor was a bottled city even before it actually became a bottled city. I wonder if those harsh winter environments were always a hint of the environmental instability of Krypton that eventually consumed the planet?

I'm guessing the "Voice of Rao" is as powerful as they are because they claim to be an envoy of Rao's will (hence the name). Not sure how to feel about that mask though.

Y'know, it's kind of sad that, no matter what Seg-El does, Jor-El will go through the exact same situation his great-grandfather did of warning the Council of something dangerous only to be ignored. Only that time it really will be fatal for the planet.

When you look at the Military Guild, is it any wonder Zod ended up the way he did? I also have to imagine the irony that Lyta's son will end up becoming, basically, the male version of her mother.

I'm guessing the Zeta Beam has been re-purposed to bounce Adam to and from the past and the future, though he still can only be in one place for a certain amount of time. But I'll be really disappointed if we don't see Adam in a red and white rocket suit jetting around shooting things with his blaster at some point.

Have the High Council not discovered the Phantom Zone yet? When Mama Zod mentioned there were punishments less merciful then death I wondered if she was referring to the Phantom Zone, though Seg's mom seemed to infer it meant what they did to Val.

So it seems the House of El having dead parents is a generational thing.

Did Superman lend Adam his cape or is that cape the only thing that's left of Superman with Brainiac's messing with time?

I thought it was a dang good start. I will be watching.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Recorded it but haven't watched it yet but so far I've only heard good things

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Ditto.

Lol. I thought it was terrible. The best part of the show was Adam Strange. Also, having a hard time watching Ray Donovans wife being the mom. Nope, I'm out.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So Kandor was a bottled city even before it actually became a bottled city. I wonder if those harsh winter environments were always a hint of the environmental instability of Krypton that eventually consumed the planet?

I'm guessing the "Voice of Rao" is as powerful as they are because they claim to be an envoy of Rao's will (hence the name). Not sure how to feel about that mask though.

Y'know, it's kind of sad that, no matter what Seg-El does, Jor-El will go through the exact same situation his great-grandfather did of warning the Council of something dangerous only to be ignored. Only that time it really will be fatal for the planet.

When you look at the Military Guild, is it any wonder Zod ended up the way he did? I also have to imagine the irony that Lyta's son will end up becoming, basically, the male version of her mother.

I'm guessing the Zeta Beam has been re-purposed to bounce Adam to and from the past and the future, though he still can only be in one place for a certain amount of time. But I'll be really disappointed if we don't see Adam in a red and white rocket suit jetting around shooting things with his blaster at some point.

Have the High Council not discovered the Phantom Zone yet? When Mama Zod mentioned there were punishments less merciful then death I wondered if she was referring to the Phantom Zone, though Seg's mom seemed to infer it meant what they did to Val.

So it seems the House of El having dead parents is a generational thing.

Did Superman lend Adam his cape or is that cape the only thing that's left of Superman with Brainiac's messing with time?
    You summed it up very well! I enjoyed it and it seems you did as well.

Mama Zod is one tough cookie!

As far as the cape, I thought that was all that was left and soon that could disappear as well, due to messing with time.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Me too!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    According to Superman lore, it is Jor-El that discovers the Phantom Zone.

This is looking more and more interesting. I'll probably get a season pass on iTunes.