Page 476 of 613 FirstFirst ... 376426466472473474475476477478479480486526576 ... LastLast
Results 7,126 to 7,140 of 9190
    Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    though I didn't think the rude comments were appropriate im glad they schooled him on her abilities. what he said was just really unfortunate especially considering he is a senior editor.
    He set himself up for this one lmao.

One person said Claremont explained powers very thoroughly which I actually agree with. Storm powers can get misinterpreted and depicted poorly very easily but Claremont was very precise with hers.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    He set himself up for this one lmao.

One person said Claremont explained powers very thoroughly which I actually agree with. Storm powers can get misinterpreted and depicted poorly very easily but Claremont was very precise with hers.
    the issue is that in classic x-men the panels featuring storm in space were revised and all the references to ororo manipulating solar winds were thrown out in favor of her using a jetpack and hitting the sentinel with simple lightning..... soooo now which is it? the former (solar winds/energy matrices) or the latter (jetpack/lightning)? I'm all for the original version especially after the "galactic core" issue

original first.jpg

revised(from classic x-men) second.jpg
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Fantastic Member

hey guys any info about Storm's sword and what that sword can do?

Quote Originally Posted by HeraldOfStorm View Post
    hey guys any info about Storm's sword and what that sword can do?
    It is quite a huge topic over the XoS thread. The sword is supposed to hold tempest from the recent XoS issue 2. And that it is capable to split the sky but we will find more about it this Wednesday.

Also, check out this video Blerd talks about quite the several possibilities of death in Otherworld, and he does mentions Storm a few times and what the plans might be for her, since it was mentioned several times that Storm has a major role in XoS event:

Last edited by The92Ghost; 10-04-2020 at 08:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    whats wrong with that though? thor needs prayer as well as all asgardians.

thats even worst. why would mjolnir attack thor, the person who has been associated with it for innumerable years, but not attack tchalla? thats even worse. I'm saw you did but I'm certain there are some fsns who thought it was cool while also not liking what coates did with storm.

blasphemy. he said it didn't make since that her powers worked in space. it was downhill from there.
    Whose fans are we talking about? BP fans would probably like it, but I wouldn't expect them to go into the Thor thread trying to justify it. I'd except their disapproval of the concept given what happened in the first issue of the arc.

wait so I stumbled upon a tweet in there saying Claremont edited Storm from controlling solar winds to only being able to shoot lightning in space. WTF

It was changed because it creates an uneasy plot hole in the Phoenix origin. If Storm can control solar winds/space weather, why did Jean have to face the solar flare to pilot the space shuttle? Storm has several other space weather feats, so there shouldn't be a doubt as to whether or not her powers work in space, even if there's a remix where she didn't that particular time.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    It was changed because it creates an uneasy plot hole in the Phoenix origin. If Storm can control solar winds/space weather, why did Jean have to face the solar flare to pilot the space shuttle? Storm has several other space weather feats, so there shouldn't be a doubt as to whether or not her powers work in space, even if there's a remix where she didn't that particular time.
    I think that is pretty much clear why she didn't help Jean because she didn't know she can do that back then.

Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post
    I think that is pretty much clear why she didn't help Jean because she didn't know she can do that back then.
    That's fair to a certain extent, but it really is like two issues before. She should have said something or at least tried to help. There's even a What If story that puts Ororo in Jean's place. The TAS version smartly avoided the issue by not having her go on the space mission at all.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Incredible Member

This legits explains why writers aren't creative with her powers. They don't understand Storm wields Cosmic energy. Yes I said cosmic energy which is energies from planets, suns, moons, and etc. Anything from Space. With these cosmic energies, Storm specializes in making weather effects. Which why Storm powers depends on the dimension, planet, stars and etc nearby. Whew, chile we need someone who understands her powers. Because this is all making sense now.

Well, there is some good news, Crystal Dynamic officially started to hire staff for their next game and I believe it will be the X-Men title which was leaked way back.

Spectacular Member

Well my fellow storm fans...…. Tomorrow is the 5th, which means Marauders #13 will be upon us. As a Black Panther fan as well my hopes for this the comic is very very low, It's clear this team of bozos that i call the "x writers" has some sort of hate boner for tchalla. Why, I have no idea not to mention the constant undermining of they're relationship in the past and making Tchalla and wakanda seem like anti "mutant" klansmen or something. Until I see the story I'm neutral in this affair but the other BP fans in the apparition thread I see why they want noting to do with Ro not because of Ro herself but these "writers" can't be trusted but as a storm fan I'll hope for the best but we'll see.

Meh. It's not that big of a deal.

I actually get the lack of continuity to a limited extent. It really boils down to who has editorial control. Black Panther falls under the Avengers editorial while the X-Men are their own house. The X-Men writers and editorial want to tell their own stories and not be bogged down by what others groups are doing.

This is why I was never really that invested by anything she was doing over in Black Panther. It's a great and interesting read on the surface but for long term character development I am cautions of any major changes that characters have outside of the books that have editorial control over them. Marvel has shown and editors have openly said they will sacrifice continuity for a story. So anything happening outside the scope of the "main" books for a character is too easily ignored by the "main" writers and not made a part of their "main" continuity by editorial.

I honestly I don't love this, neither do I take it as a personal affront that X-Writers don't take what's happening to Storm in the Black Panther books as the gospel for the character. It's their character that another group was writing. Granted, the BP team is the only group that's given her development in a long time, but she's still under X-Men editorial control and they get the final say. It's not unique to Storm or the Black Panther.

So if the X-Men team continues with what happened in Black Panther, great! I appreciate continuity and as a reader of both books that's certainly my preference. But if they don't, meh. I get it. No big deal.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mekk80s View Post
    Well my fellow storm fans...…. Tomorrow is the 5th, which means Marauders #13 will be upon us. As a Black Panther fan as well my hopes for this the comic is very very low, It's clear this team of bozos that i call the "x writers" has some sort of hate boner for tchalla. Why, I have no idea not to mention the constant undermining of they're relationship in the past and making Tchalla and wakanda seem like anti "mutant" klansmen or something. Until I see the story I'm neutral in this affair but the other BP fans in the apparition thread I see why they want noting to do with Ro not because of Ro herself but these "writers" can't be trusted but as a storm fan I'll hope for the best but we'll see.
    Yikes kinda harsh there. How do the xwriters have hate boner for BP? He hasn't even appeared in an X-Men book in years the last time he did show up but he was working with Jean Grey to build a better mutant future with the help of Wakanda's greatest minds. Hickman has written a damm good Tchalla in the past and has even positioned wakanda as a neutral party when it comes to their relationship with Krakoa.

No one is making Tchalla or Wakanda out to be anti Mutant where is that coming from?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Yikes kinda harsh there. How do the xwriters have hate boner for BP? He hasn't even appeared in an X-Men book in years the last time he did show up but he was working with Jean Grey to build a better mutant future with the help of Wakanda's greatest minds. Hickman has written a damm good Tchalla in the past and has even positioned wakanda as a neutral party when it comes to their relationship with Krakoa.

No one is making Tchalla or Wakanda out to be anti Mutant where is that coming from?
    It may come off as harsh looking at what i typed but it's not far fetched at all. I'm aware of the Tchalla and jean thing, that's not what I'm talking about when I typed what i did previously i was referring to the time of theyre marriage and I'm not the only one who thinks this way. Like I said before I'm a fan of both BP and storm as characters but I'm not bias or play favorites, it's just clear these writers can't be trusted i don't care if Tchalla and Ro are from different camps that's a lame cop out and it's not really about they're relationship as much as it's the depiction of non X men characters looking like assholes and in this case the X men writing team has a history of gripes. I don't even trust those clowns handling Storm so of course I expect this x men book to make anything wakanda involved put in a negative light, basically I'll just cut to the chase and say i just don't have a good feeling about this book but i'll see later in this thread for scans posted by anyone who gets a chance to read said book.