Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ... 30363738394041 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Lindsay as a character really became fleshed out when Steve Leiloha was on the book. He gave her personality that was missing from her previous appearances.

But I've decided that I won't be supporting this new series. Apparently, Disney/Marvel won't be happy until they drain all of the fun out of comic books. I don't mind new designs that work. I liked when Spider-Man got his black costume -- but that was a good design. This new one is not, by any stretch of the imagination.

At least the previous series had the good sense to kick off the book in her known look before replacing it.

I love Jess. I'm not going to write off a new series just because her costume is different. From what it sounds like, this series is going to give people more of what they've been asking for that they feel the Hopeless run (which I loved) didn't deliver
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I really wouldn't mind Lyndsey showing back up and even becoming a regular again. Having Officer Morell show up for a story would be nice...David I dont really care if he does or doesn't. I do however want to see some of her old rogues like the Needle, Brothers Grimm, Nekra, Flying Tiger and especially Gypsy Moth (or Skein whichever she is going by these days.) I loved how quirky and off beat her entire series was. I really hope this new costume doesn't stick around at all as it is just plain bad. At least the most recent one was decently designed with more of her character considered. This new one is just another Spider-Man ripoff.

BANNED
    Themyscira, Wundagore Mountain, Talok VIII

I also love Jess and I definitely won't write off a series because of a costume. I tolerated her last book despite the blah costume, the baby, and the zany tone, so another blah costume won't kill me. I just hope that she goes back to the classic eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Really? What made you feel he was douche-y?
    He broke up with her once he found out she was Spider-Woman.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by FutureWonder View Post
    I also love Jess and I definitely won't write off a series because of a costume. I tolerated her last book despite the blah costume, the baby, and the zany tone, so another blah costume won't kill me. I just hope that she goes back to the classic eventually.
    Even though I'm not planning on buying/reserving it -- if it looks decent in a preview -- I may be inclined to change my mind, but it's going to have to be really good. I won't support stories I don't like -- which is why I dropped the Hopeless run shortly after he took over.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Todd Nauck going with the classic costume for his Spider-Woman #1 variant.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    He broke up with her once he found out she was Spider-Woman.
    I think that the focus should be on a very good story arc that could involve a story ripped from the real world headlines like NBC's Law and Order....

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    I think that the focus should be on a very good story arc that could involve a story ripped from the real world headlines like NBC's Law and Order....
    Depends on what kind of story it is, and if it's told well and not just done for shock value or supposed relevance.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Oh Hey. Jessica is on the cover of Marvel's Preview Catalog. Hope it carries over to the physical copy. Also, they bumped #1 up to $4.99 bc we're getting and extra 10 pages.
    Last edited by Seren; 12-26-2019 at 05:23 PM.

Oh Hey. Jessica is on the cover of Marvel's Preview Catalog. Hope it carries over to the physical copy. Also, they bumped #1 up to $4.99 bc we're getting and extra 10 pages.
    Very nice, aside from the extra cost.

I say it's worth it.

Devin Lewis is not part of team Spider-Woman this go round (he edited the Hopeless run) but on Twitter he described this volume of Spider-Woman a love letter to Jessica's past
    Last edited by Seren; 12-27-2019 at 05:35 PM.

I say it's worth it.

Devin Lewis is not part of team Spider-Woman this go round (he edited the Hopeless run) but on Twitter he described this volume of Spider-Woman a love letter to Jessica's past
    Thanks for the recommendation(s). I'll be sure to check it out.

I have a feeling this run of Spider-Woman is going to be absolutely beautiful.

I have a feeling this run of Spider-Woman is going to be absolutely beautiful.

Indeed. Not bad at all, to say the least.