Page 23 of 45 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

My best hope is that Mystique just gets used as something other than the cackling sociopath. The character used to have a lot more depth to her with her mixed motivations. Though yeah, the X-Men out in the Marvel U is a plus, imo.

I'm not entirely sure I want a redeemed Mystique, as I think the X-Men have a shortage of compelling villains since Mags and Emma crossed to the other side. What I'd like to see is more of her ambiguous loyalties explored. It was done to good effect with Rogue and some really solid ground work was done for she and Kurt to be explored at some future point. It would be great to see that followed up on.

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    I would say take that mentality and go the opposite direction. If we can get a mutant Siege (also a Bendis story conveniently), perhaps "Mystique's Siege of the Jean Grey School," that would be great. Especially if Cyclops comes to the JGS's aid.
    But that would just be another 'event' and might not do much of anything but leave everybody in salvageable shambles again.
    Don't we need a more sustaining change then another 'event'?
    IMO this whole thing needs to burn to the ground and build itself back up...all the pieces are in place for that to happen. It feels like it's been pending too long anyway.
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

Quote Originally Posted by Sundowhn View Post
    My best hope is that Mystique just gets used as something other than the cackling sociopath. The character used to have a lot more depth to her with her mixed motivations. Though yeah, the X-Men out in the Marvel U is a plus, imo.

I'm not entirely sure I want a redeemed Mystique, as I think the X-Men have a shortage of compelling villains since Mags and Emma crossed to the other side. What I'd like to see is more of her ambiguous loyalties explored. It was done to good effect with Rogue and some really solid ground work was done for she and Kurt to be explored at some future point. It would be great to see that followed up on.
    YES! But I want to see this happen with everybody! (especially Kurt ) But everybody deserves this freedom! (even Beast dammit)
    That's exactly why Mystique being that irredeemable Loki force (irredeemable because she is necessary as she is - as everybody should be!) that's why it makes sense and feels so very vital for a meaningful new era for our ex-X-Men.
    Last edited by sungila; 07-31-2014 at 01:05 PM.
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OpticDreams View Post
    Hell, no one seemed to care Dazzler changed her look. Ignored and not cared for. Maybe her and Rachel should start a team.
    Maybe they were expecting something a bit more dramatic?

They're probably thinking something along the lines of "Oh. So she totally got pwned by those scissors, colored her hair and now she wears black. Okay."

Quote Originally Posted by anthony_lynch15 View Post
    Yeah, IMHO Bachalo shouldn't be doing comic book interior work. His style isn't suited to it.
    Imagine all the expressions we'd have missed if he'd drawn this issue instead of Anka.
    Yeah I'm with you. And it looks like next issue we gonna lost that amazing expressions experience that Anka delivers with his art, looks like it will be Bachalo doing the interiors in UXM #25

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    I would say take that mentality and go the opposite direction. If we can get a mutant Siege (also a Bendis story conveniently), perhaps "Mystique's Siege of the Jean Grey School," that would be great. Especially if Cyclops comes to the JGS's aid.
    I like your Siege idea. Could maybe go something like this.
    Via diplomatic channels (and a little shapeshifting) Mystique arranges for a Madripoor Embassy on be set up on US soil and then declares that she owns the property the Jean Grey School is on.
    SHIELD & Mystique's Brotherhood inform the X-Men that they're out. But they refuse to go.
    So Mystique (backed by SHIELD, who are trying to both prevent a diplomatic incident and prevent as many casualties as possible) try to take the school.
    When things start to go wrong for the besiged X-Men Cyclops and his team arrive on the scene to help.
    I'd like it even more if they lost the school and had to all move to the Weapon X facility because the X-men are wanted for starting an international incident.
    Trying to catch up on 2 years of Marvel comics.....
    Comic Book Parody - Funny comic book stuff.
    X-Men: Drama of the Atom - An unfinished Battle of the Atom parody.

Quote Originally Posted by tetragene View Post
    I did really like Anka's art this issue though
    In all honesty, and not trying to be contrary, I genuinely think Anka's is the worst art ever to have appeared in an X-Book. And I'm including Jon Bogdanove's legendary X-Factor issues in that.

I'm really struggling to understand what people are seeing in it that I'm not.

Wow soap opera-y.When is Wimbledon Xavier (Chucks evil English identical half brother) going to show up, fresh out of his decade long coma.

Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by genki_desu View Post
    In all honesty, and not trying to be contrary, I genuinely think Anka's is the worst art ever to have appeared in an X-Book. And I'm including Jon Bogdanove's legendary X-Factor issues in that.

This is how I feel when people post they liked Bachalo's art. Almost word for word.
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by genki_desu View Post

Couldn't agree more.

Ultimate Member

Yeah because the X-Men have NEVER been soap-opera-y before.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by juliankeller View Post
    Couldn't agree more.
    The worst X-book art ever. Yeah no, not even close. Greg Land's "art" alone is infinitely worse than Anka's. Bachalo's is much worse. I could give you a dozen more example at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Brightside View Post
    This is how I feel when people post they liked Bachalo's art. Almost word for word.
    And I couldn't agree more. I think his art is so messy and I just can't enjoy it

Quote Originally Posted by juliankeller View Post
    Couldn't agree more.
    Whew! Thank you! At least if I'm crazy, there's more than one of us out there!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by pixie_solanas View Post
    I think she ran the whole gamut during coitus. His bald head would vibrate in response.
    That's actually pretty sexy. I don't hate you anymore. However, I need to punish myself for thinking such impure thoughts. Then repeat the vicious cycle of mental self gratification and self loathing like some Lutheran ad nauseam.