Page 665 of 822 FirstFirst ... 165565615655661662663664665666667668669675715765 ... LastLast
Results 9,961 to 9,975 of 12326

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    SSJG Carol Danvers. But seriously, It looks exactly like what I'd expect Carol to look like when she's really trying to smash everything around her.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    SSJG Carol Danvers. But seriously, It looks exactly like what I'd expect Carol to look like when she's really trying to smash everything around her.
    oh yeah, SSJG for sure.

that flame aura.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    So the first trade collection of The Mighty Captain Marvel has dropped... I'm reviewing it for the website I work at and... does anyone like the first arc? I'm both unimpressed and rather bored by it, which is a crying shame since Carol is a great and well-liked character (I mean, look at this appreciation thread. People love her), but her recent stories aren't doing her justice in the slightest.
    Carol bores me now. I have fallen out of love with the character. I liked her better as Ms. Marvel or Warbird. I hope the movie saves the character. She is otherwise failing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Err, you say she doesn't have any really good feats, right after you mentioned one(specially cause that was a "Marvelbuster" armor, so any of Tony normal ones shouldn't even stand a chance), but apparently it doesn't count because of who wrote it?... Even without that though, just looking at her powerset, how could Iron Man possibly be above her?...
    Consistently doing better against the same opponents is why I'd put Stark above her. History of feats favor him over her. It's not me trying to disregard Carol's showings in CWII it's me being skeptical on if they'll hold up, or if it's just a matter of plot or wis. Personally I do hope Carol is made into an established powerhouse. It's just I think she needs more to show for it, and a explanation at this point for any possible power boost.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    The MCU is what gives me hope that Carol is really going to get better in the comics. Movie synergy doesn't always have good effects on the comics (Guardians of the Galaxy) but in Carol's case I'm really optimistic that they are going to find something new that works for her as well as bring out the best of what's already there.
    The comics did the same thing for Ironman if I'm not mistaken. They basically followed what the movies presented and then went from there. I'm hoping Carol's movie is a hit and she appeals to people in every film she's in. Hopefully it gives the comics a direction to go in, and more hopefully a credible team on her solo to be penning it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Carol bores me now. I have fallen out of love with the character. I liked her better as Ms. Marvel or Warbird. I hope the movie saves the character. She is otherwise failing.
    I hope they reference the Ms. Marvel alias, hell reference Warbird to it could be he name of something she pilots.

BANNED

That's exactly what she's like in my headcanon. Awesome to see it on the page! And she's sexy too!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    Consistently doing better against the same opponents is why I'd put Stark above her. History of feats favor him over her. It's not me trying to disregard Carol's showings in CWII it's me being skeptical on if they'll hold up, or if it's just a matter of plot or wis. Personally I do hope Carol is made into an established powerhouse. It's just I think she needs more to show for it, and a explanation at this point for any possible power boost.
    To be fair she did kick the crap out of him when drunk and had him on the ropes. Iron man has a better showing against she hulk who he has knocked out a number of times.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    To be fair she did kick the crap out of him when drunk and had him on the ropes. Iron man has a better showing against she hulk who he has knocked out a number of times.
    Yeah... I guess that's one way to put it.

BANNED

Am I the only person who didn't see Carol as the "villain" in Civil War II?

Quote Originally Posted by AquaLantern View Post
    You're not alone, my friend.

It's just the popular perception that Carol was the villain. She wasn't. I think people just resent the fact that her side made some distressingly valid points that Tony never fully addressed. I also think some just feel as though Carol is being pushed too hard into the spotlight, making her out to be too flawless in anticipation for her movie. I don't think those sentiments are correct, but I understand where they're coming from.

When I read Civil War II, I don't see Carol being a villain. I see her using an important new asset to save lives. Isn't that what we want in our heroes? Or does that just make too much sense to the jaded people of this world?
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by AquaLantern View Post
    I don't think Civil War had any purposeful villains.

I do, however, think it was a fine example of bad decision making all around. (IE - neither side was entirely in the right)

No comments on the current issue? I'm curious to see what others thought before expressing my own. (Hint: underwhelmed and frustrated)
    Favorites: Natasha Romanova, Dinah Lance, Janet Van Dyne, Selina Kyle, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Kate Bishop, Sharon Carter, Sue Storm Richards, Carol Danvers

Quote Originally Posted by klynn View Post
    No comments on the current issue? I'm curious to see what others thought before expressing my own. (Hint: underwhelmed and frustrated)
    I don't have the strength to muster much beyond "I don't know how much more of this I can power through"

Spectacular Member

Started reading the ms. Marvel comic (modern,one run before her first captain run) pretty good so far hope she stays that way