Page 369 of 626 FirstFirst ... 269319359365366367368369370371372373379419469 ... LastLast
Results 5,521 to 5,535 of 9381

That image is distubring. She looks so young and its sexualizing her

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I think it is cute but also, Jean was very young when she was using that costume.
    I don't see what is weird but that is just me
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 08-22-2019 at 04:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I think it is cute and Jean was very young when she was using that costume
    No she wasnt. She gained it as an adult. She was like 21/22, long after she had graduated the school and had been in college. That girl looks like she's 13/14 and the off the shoulder cut and more exposed cleavage isnt a good look.

Its far more modest in HoX

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    No she wasnt. She gained it as an adult. She was like 21/22, long after she had graduated the school and had been in college. That girl looks like she's 13/14 and the off the shoulder cut and more exposed cleavage isnt a good look.

Its far more modest in HoX
    True, I just have the X-men first class books stuck on my head as canon and she used it on part of those.
    But you're right
    ikjh.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    True, I just have the X-men first class books stuck on my head as canon and she used it on part of those.
    But you're right
    ikjh.jpg
    I dont have the exact number but she got it circa X-men 40ish right before Xavier faked his first death. I think its already bad that she's wearing a short skirt but there are ways to not oversexualize her on top. Your image is a good example

it's all in the eye of the beholder.....
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

BANNED

It was the '60s.

I agree, unless the artist was deliberately trying to show a pre-teen Jean Grey. That's what the picture looks like to me.

Even on the HoX cover I noticed that Jean is being drawn to look young almost early 20's or late teens.

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

i miss the time when jean was getting a lot of exposure, now we barely see her in comics
    we can be heroes, just for one day

Quote Originally Posted by darewithpeace View Post
    i miss the time when jean was getting a lot of exposure, now we barely see her in comics
    ???

She's been front and center since she came back. The only other X-character with more exposure since then is Wolverine, for obvious reasons.

I feel like Hickman being weekely has spoiled X-fans a little.
    I mean I would like more Jean but I'm just saying that with weekely books this good is easy to get excited and impatient for more.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 08-22-2019 at 09:26 PM.

Is house of x any good for jean? I checked out after issue 1, I found it very boring and not interested from the things I’ve heard so far.

That being said I’m glad people are enjoying it and that the xmen are getting some popularity.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    ???

She's been front and center since she came back. The only other X-character with more exposure since then is Wolverine, for obvious reasons.
    That was 2018. Jean has barely been featured in 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Is house of x any good for jean? I checked out after issue 1, I found it very boring and not interested from the things I’ve heard so far.

That being said I’m glad people are enjoying it and that the xmen are getting some popularity.
    So far no. Jean's only apperance in the 5 issues of the 12 issue story was that first one

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post

She hasn't appeared yet, both books HOX and POX at the moment are the Moira/Xavier/Magneto/Apocalypse? show. They have been fun but with very little for characters outside the previously mentioned.

She will finally appear on the next issue

God is real and her name is Jean Grey
    ECoGA9QVUAAvchc.jpg
    I knew X-men #1 was going to have a cool variant. I hope she is in the one Mark Brooks will do.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 08-22-2019 at 10:25 PM.