View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 968 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 46886891895896496596696796896997097197297810181068 ... LastLast
Results 14,506 to 14,520 of 16971

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    This looks an awful lot like Teddy:
    Not only that, but the One will unite them! tagline surely refers to his destiny of uniting the Skrull and Kree.
    Super excited for this.
    #EmmaWasRight

That could be cool. Imagine if, like the marvel version of Flash Gordon was hulkling? That’s really cool!

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

All of those years of wishing and hoping that Teddy would get his individual journey as a hero fleshed out seem to have finally paid off! Now all he needs is a makeover. No more Teen Hulk. ENTER THE KING OF SPACE!

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Whose are the eyes?

I'm going to assume a back to villain Ronan
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Whose are the eyes?

I'm going to assume a back to villain Ronan
    I thought it was a woman at first.

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

So I'm curious to know what other people think of the first gay superhero in the MCU being married and "has a family", which I assume means he has a child or children.

Do you think this is a significant step for portraying gay people and gay families to a mainstream and potentially global audience? Or do you think this is a way to de-sexualize the character and make him less threatening to heterosexual male audiences? Or a mix of both?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    So I'm curious to know what other people think of the first gay superhero in the MCU being married and "has a family", which I assume means he has a child or children.

Do you think this is a significant step for portraying gay people and gay families to a mainstream and potentially global audience? Or do you think this is a way to de-sexualize the character and make him less threatening to heterosexual male audiences? Or a mix of both?
    Sounds like the second. Obviously it'll be nice to have a functional gay marriage and all, but I want to see a young, hot gay dude having romances, not an older guy stuck in a hetero-normative role to appease people who might be upset seeing a gay romance play out.

Though that likely is just because I want to perv on a hot gay character, and a DILF aint gonna do it for me!

His husband is gonna be gay Joe Russo from Endgame.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

It's really hard to tell not knowing who is the gay character and how exactly they plan on portraying his family. Like, if it is Ikaris and they are basing this family on his family from the comics, then I would not be excited, 'cause his family in the comics was pretty much a plot device for his origin story. His wife was irrelevant and his son died so they could explain why he called himself Ikaris. Doing that with a gay couple... would not be nice and it definitely would feel like doing a ''safe'' kind of representation that doesn't piss off heteronormative audiences. I could see that happening just because unfortunately Marvel Studios doesn't have a great track record with LBGTQ representation, BUT I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, since Eternals has the potential to be a movie different from everything they've done before.

What I HOPE they do is simply what they would do with any straight character. Scott Lang, for instance. He was a family man in the movies and his relationship with his daughter was deep and meaningful, but he also didn't feel de-sexualized just because he was a dad. I know that he was also divorced, but I think ''being married'' is no excuse for a character to be treated like a prude. You can still portray deep romantic affection and sexual tension between a married couple. So that's what I want them to do, but if it's what they're actually gonna do, I don't know.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 08-25-2019 at 12:04 PM.

Sounds like the second. Obviously it'll be nice to have a functional gay marriage and all, but I want to see a young, hot gay dude having romances, not an older guy stuck in a hetero-normative role to appease people who might be upset seeing a gay romance play out.

Though that likely is just because I want to perv on a hot gay character, and a DILF aint gonna do it for me!
    Richard Madden isn't that old, he's still in his early 30's. But I get what you're saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    It's really hard to tell not knowing who is the gay character and how exactly they plan on portraying his family. Like, if it is Ikaris and they are basing this family on his family from the comics, then I would not be excited, 'cause his family in the comics was pretty much a plot device for his origin story. His wife was irrelevant and his son died so they could explain why he called himself Ikaris. Doing that with a gay couple... would not be nice and it definitely would feel like doing a ''safe'' kind of representation that doesn't piss off heteronormative audiences. I could see that happening just because unfortunately Marvel Studios doesn't have a great track record with LBGTQ representation, BUT I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, since Eternals has the potential to be a movie different from everything they've done before.

What I HOPE they do is simply what they would do with any straight character. Scott Lang, for instance. He was a family man in the movies and his relationship with his daughter was deep and meaningful, but he also didn't feel de-sexualized just because he was a dad. I know that he was also divorced, but I think ''being married'' is no excuse for a character to be treated like a prude. You can still portray deep romantic affection and sexual tension between a married couple. So that's what I want them to do, but if it's what they're actually gonna do, I don't know.
    Yeah, I hope they don't kill-off his family. Honestly they seem so cautious about this and after the backlash from the underwhelming gay character in Endgame I think they're going to avoid doing something that would really upset the gay community.

I'm thinking the most likely scenario is that they won't kill-off any of his family but they're probably not going to get much screentime either. It's more likely that they'll be acknowledged to establish that the character is gay but they won't factor into the plot or the character's backstory too much.

I am now wondering if the "James" role was supposed to be for the husband of the main gay character? Meaning that perhaps an openly gay Asian actor was cast as the husband of whoever the gay character is?

Also I'd like to add that while the news about the gay character being married with kids is a mixed-bag I still vastly prefer this than a character who's only hinted at being gay and confirmed by word-of-God but never explicitly confirmed as gay on-screen.
    Last edited by MasterOfMagnetism; 08-25-2019 at 12:26 PM.

I feel like it's still too early to make up so many assumptions tbh. Again we don't even know for sure who it is. Also can someone link where did they say the character was married?

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I feel like it's still too early to make up so many assumptions tbh. Again we don't even know for sure who it is. Also can someone link where did they say the character was married?
    https://twitter.com/GMA/status/1165347162667929600

It's from an interview that Kevin Feige did with Good Morning America. The full interview hasn't been released yet, I'm not familiar with GMA's schedule but I assume Monday is probably when it'll get released. Hopefully Feige confirms who the gay character is in this interview.

Richard Madden isn't that old, he's still in his early 30's. But I get what you're saying.

We don't know he's playing the gay character though, do we? i thought it was Phastos who was the favourite to be the gay dude?

We don't know he's playing the gay character though, do we? i thought it was Phastos who was the favourite to be the gay dude?
    Most people believe it's going to be Richard Madden, but it's unconfirmed. There has been a rumour that it's going to be Phastos but at this point I don't know what to believe.

https://twitter.com/GMA/status/1165347162667929600

It's from an interview that Kevin Feige did with Good Morning America. The full interview hasn't been released yet, I'm not familiar with GMA's schedule but I assume Monday is probably when it'll get released. Hopefully Feige confirms who the gay character is in this interview.
    Thanks. Anyway as long as he and his husband make a cute couple I don't mind a married gay character.