Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Scott Snyder origin story in750 reminds me the prologue of Odyssey by Geoff Johns in600

So we’re getting another origin story. Again.

And if 5G flops they’ll no doubt just undo this upcoming origin. AGAIN.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Oye. I've been progressively losing more and more interest in DC but a brand new origin pushes me over the edge. I'm sure I'll still read it, but I'm not enthused.
    This is exactly how I feel. The constant rebooting and shuffling has gotten beyond annoying. That plus everything being event driven and no character work at all it seems.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

It was to be expected we would get a new origin. If DC is trying to fix up their timeline then the recent origins we got makes no sense.

Is Diana's origin getting as confusing as Donna's at this point or what?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

So what’s going to happen to Steve and Etta now? The more I think about this the more ticked off I get. It’s Didio and company throwing everything out AGAIN so another superstar writer (in this case Snyder) can come on and do his thing. Are we seriously going scorched earth on Diana’s supporting cast again?

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    It was to be expected we would get a new origin. If DC is trying to fix up their timeline then the recent origins we got makes no sense.
    Neither will whatever new one they make.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    So what’s going to happen to Steve and Etta now? The more I think about this the more ticked off I get. It’s Didio and company throwing everything out AGAIN so another superstar writer (in this case Snyder) can come on and do his thing. Are we seriously going scorched earth on Diana’s supporting cast again?
    Steve will appear in a 2 parter story after WW #750.

My guess is that the Steve and Etta from the New52/Rebirth will be retconned as descendants of the original Steve and Etta that Diana met during the world war.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post

My guess is that the Steve and Etta from the New52/Rebirth will be retconned as descendants of the original Steve and Etta that Diana met during the world war.
    That would be both lazy and odd. They should just make them older.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post

I'm going to take a guess that the short story in WW 750 is just a sneak peak type of story at the future(or technically the past? lol) and that Orlando's run will continue in the rebirth timeline for now.

I don't mind a new origin--unless Zeus is still her father. I prefer the original, feminist, queer origin of ONLY women being involved in Diana's creation.
    Last edited by SonOfBaldwin; 01-11-2020 at 08:04 AM.
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

Quote Originally Posted by hkgkindaichi View Post
    Scott Snyder origin story in750 reminds me the prologue of Odyssey by Geoff Johns in600
    Yeah, that was exactly what I was thinking of as well when I saw it over on Bleeding Cool.

I think we will get some cool stories out of 5G. I also think 5G will crash and burn even faster than the New 52, because it is trying to force everything under one roof.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfBaldwin View Post
    I don't mind a new origin--unless Zeus is still her father. I prefer the feminist, queer origin of all women being involved in Diana's creation.
    I think the current leadership at DC has their heels dug in real hard with daddy!Zeus.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    It may not mean anything, but we do have original Holliday Girl Etta Candy on one of the Jim Lee covers.

If it means getting her back and the Rebirth Etta is a modern day descendant, this might be somewhat worth it. But on the other hand, Year One was great and now we are losing Barbara Minerva teaching Diana English, and I'm not okay with that BS.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    It may not mean anything, but we do have original Holliday Girl Etta Candy on one of the Jim Lee covers.
    Variant covers are probably one of the absolute worst markers of the contents within.

I mean, the Detective Comics #1000 had Jim Lee covers with Harley Quinn (who was barely in the issue) and Catwoman in her purple slitted dress with green cape.