Quote Originally Posted by Green Goblin of Sector 2814 View Post
    At the very least though, as long as they give Hal a role that’s not minimal and show him as a competent human who was the first human to join the GLC like he is in the comics, then I’ll be totally fine with him doing an older version who is training up the newer recruits. Although, as someone pointed out, this might not be new news. Wasn’t the whole “Lethal Weapon in space” description something we heard very early on?
    Minimal role where he heroically sacrifices himself in the opening sequence is perhaps the best thing to hope for at this point. Hal's chances of having a lead role or a co-lead role in a live-action GL movie again died in 2011 with the character living on borrowed time ever since as far as prominence is concerned. Once they started portraying him as a joke in outside media it was obvious they would go from turning him into an incompetent character to eventually stop promoting him altogether and kicking him to the curb and that's what happened. If Geoff Johns was still involved I imagine he might have tried to protect him in some way to at least have a good role where he isn't deliberately sabotaged or reduced so he won't feel like a threat to anybody else, but this is where we are now. The "Lethal Weapon in space" originated from Johns' time as the so-called "head of DC films", but the rumors about WB planning to kill Hal off or turn him into a villain also started while Johns was still there, so he would've likely not made much of a difference anyway.
    Last edited by Johnny; 05-23-2022 at 12:48 PM.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Give me Parallax and a Spectre redemption. Yeah, I said it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Give me Parallax and a Spectre redemption. Yeah, I said it.
    I think he'd be more likely to just be Parallax at this point if he's actually used in a significant way at all.

Extraordinary Member

The amber heard case is about to be intresting for us tomorrow

Extraordinary Member

https://thedirect.com/article/aquama...er-heard-trial

I hope she just has it and dies
    Very easy.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Walter testified and WB looks like WB.

Chemistry issues despite a chem test before she was hired.

They had to trick the audience by editing and music and finding the right takes (which every.single.movie edits and finds the right takes)

She tested great w/audience and was sent praise from Wan.

WB no longer gives substantial raises but they made an exception for the Jason?

A2 was always a buddy comedy despite early scripts having more Mera....

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post

Very easy.
    Yes..lets fridge a woman. This isn't 1990s.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Walter testified and WB looks like WB.

Chemistry issues despite a chem test before she was hired.

They had to trick the audience by editing and music and finding the right takes (which every.single.movie edits and finds the right takes)

She tested great w/audience and was sent praise from Wan.

WB no longer gives substantial raises but they made an exception for the Jason?

A2 was always a buddy comedy despite early scripts having more Mera....

Yes..lets fridge a woman. This isn't 1990s.
    I only suggest it as a way to get rid of amber in a way that audiences will accept.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I only suggest it as a way to get rid of amber in a way that audiences will accept.
    She is not a criminal. She has already won 1 case in her favor. This isn't about giving the audience blood just because they crave it. Killing her off on screen so some stans can cry tears of happiness is not what films are about.

Very easy.
    Or we can just simply recast. Killing Mera is unnecessary especially when she’s an important part of the Aquaman mythos.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

I'm not sure I can see him as a Superhero but personality-wise I think he fits Ted.

Yeah, I'm just gonna say that now that I finally looked into the Amber Heard trial, the people obsessing over it are mostly reactionaries. I've seen people openly hand-waving and even justifying violence against Amber Heard, spreading obviously edited clips and pure disinformation. To the anti-DCEU people who've chosen to wave this banner, you might want to consider who your fellow travelers are in this cause because I know a lot of these people were celebrating the termination of Roe v Wade before this trial kicked up.
    Last edited by Pinsir; 05-24-2022 at 09:29 AM.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Yeah, I'm just gonna say that now that I finally looked into the Amber Heard trial, the people obsessing over it are mostly reactionaries. I've seen people openly hand-waving and even justifying violence against Amber Heard, spreading obviously edited clips and pure disinformation. To the anti-DCEU people who've chosen to wave this banner, you might want to consider who your fellow travelers are in this cause because I know a lot of these people were celebrating the termination of Roe v Wade before this trial kicked up.

I say this as someone who finds the entire trial circus to be ridiculous, but you really gotta let go of this notion that every bit of bad news or criticism involving anything or anyone even tangentially related to the DCEU is from "anti-DCEU" shills. The overwhelming majority of the vitriol for Heard is from Johnny Depp fans, so I have no idea how anyone can spin that into it being an attack from Marvel fans or whatever the hell the implication is.
    Last edited by Holt; 05-24-2022 at 10:25 AM.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

What a bummer.

"No, Jason Sudekis is NOT playing Ted Kord in Blue Beetle. He is not in the movie AT ALL."
    https://twitter.com/elmayimbe/status...43895707136000

Good. Jason Sudekis does some shady **** like having his ex-wife served divorce papers while she was onstage at Cinema Con discussing a movie she directed and then claiming he didn't know when it would be served to her which isn't legally probable. He would've been another potentially disastrous powder keg of a controversial casting for the DCEU.

Or else the DC haters would have brought the incident up regardless, needlessly clouding the Blue Beetle movie.