Page 169 of 371 FirstFirst ... 69119159165166167168169170171172173179219269 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,535 of 5560

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    The blow sends the new Mauroc spiraling away like a comet, through several buildings, which promptly collapse upon him.

The one from higher up states, startled, before snarling and blasting a beam of red/black lightning at it.
    Rolling up his spotless sleeves, the White-Aproned Warrior, balancing on one leg as he landed on the ground turned to Parsley and Nevanlinna with the widest grin that seemed...offputting, as much as it was familiar.

"As you were, ladies," he said, his voice reverbing strangely as if a second spoke in tandem from within, "We're in rare form today, and that's the goddamn truth!"

His back was turned entirely to Auroc as the black and red beam descended, bathing the environs in an unnatural glow...

"Now if you'll excuse me..." With a casual shift in stancem he turned and kicked the blast apart. Red separated from Black entirely as hundreds of burning streams of energy flew back upwards into the sky. "I think we all have some business to attend to, am I right?"

OOC: 5

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Suddenly cutting across the battlefield it came. Nothing more than a tranquil breeze swept beside the raucous collisions cratering the landscape,

"MOERO! SHICHI-SEI PRESSURE KIIICK!"

A kick fell, a burning meteor colliding in the back of the second Mauroc's head just before the energy blasts fell.

Like a streak of light, he'd arrived just in time.

The blow sends the new Mauroc spiraling away like a comet, through several buildings, which promptly collapse upon him.

The one from higher up states, startled, before snarling and blasting a beam of red/black lightning at it.
    Who the hell?

She was certain she knew of all their allies, yet another one arrived with a flair. Parsley stared up at the obviously human warrior as he easily dispatched one of the Aurocs, with the other quick to fill the void of burgeoning irrelevance.

She blinked. There was something... familiar about this warrior, but she couldn't quite place what it was. Wait, where are-

Rolling up his spotless sleeves, the White-Aproned Warrior, balancing on one leg as he landed on the ground turned to Parsley and Nevanlinna with the widest grin that seemed...offputting, as much as it was familiar.

"As you were, ladies," he said, his voice reverbing strangely as if a second spoke in tandem from within, "We're in rare form today, and that's the goddamn truth!"

His back was turned entirely to Auroc as the black and red beam descended, bathing the environs in an unnatural glow...

"Now if you'll excuse me..." With a casual shift in stancem he turned and kicked the blast apart. Red separated from Black entirely as hundreds of burning streams of energy flew back upwards into the sky. "I think we all have some business to attend to, am I right?"

OOC: 5
    He landed, snapping her from her near revelation. When he spoke, his voice had a peculiar quality. As if... two voices in one. But that couldn't have been possible, right?

There was so much familiar with this new presence, yet she couldn't put her finger on it. It was almost as if... "Who are you?"

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    Neva had the wind knocked out of her far more than Parsley, and in fact momentarily lost consciousness.

...maybe?

It was kind of a blur. Regardless, she felt smug and quite satisfied. She had exhausted herself to a great extent, but she had managed to rip out a portion of Mauroc's hozon... or something. She wasn't quite sure what she'd done, but something deep down inside knew the effect.

She sat up. "Parsley... I managed to..." She coughed, crimson drops spraying. "...rip out a portion of his hozon. You'll find his... regenerative ability considerably reduced, or even... eliminated." With that, she fell onto her back again.
    The new warrior was forgotten for a moment when Neva spoke up. What she told her brought a smile to Parsley's face. Majin regeneration was an annoying and cumbersome obstacle to overcome, and one that she luckily hadn't had the chance to experience frustration from. If that had been snatched from his grasp, that would only make his eventually defeat all the sweeter to enjoy.

"Well done," she commended. She grunted and rose to her feet. "Take a rest. I'll take it from here." She would have preferred if his ability to absorb energy was also taken, but this would more than suffice.

She would let the new warrior handle that Auroc. There was another one that needed to be dealt with swiftly. Whether the theft of the hozon carried over from one clone to the other remained to be seen, and she intended to see about it. "You handle that one," she said to him. "I got the other one."

With a flick of her wrist, Piecemaker appeared in her hand. Her aura roared to life, then she rocketed in the direction where she saw the new Auroc careen.
    Last edited by Sub-Zero MKA; 09-22-2020 at 06:43 PM.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Who the hell?

She was certain she knew of all their allies, yet another one arrived with a flair. Parsley stared up at the obviously human warrior as he easily dispatched one of the Aurocs, with the other quick to fill the void of burgeoning irrelevance.

She blinked. There was something... familiar about this warrior, but she couldn't quite place what it was. Wait, where are-

Neva's sudden voice snapped her out of her near revelation. What she told her brought a smile to Parsley's face. Majin regeneration was an annoying and cumbersome obstacle to overcome, and one that she luckily hadn't had the chance to experience frustration from. If that had been snatched from his grasp, that would only make his eventually defeat all the sweeter to enjoy.

"Well done," she commended. She grunted and rose to her feet. "Take a rest. I'll take it from here." She would have preferred if his ability to absorb energy was also taken, but this would more than suffice.

She would let the new warrior handle that Auroc. There was another one that needed to be dealt with swiftly. Whether the theft of the hozon carried over from one clone to the other remained to be seen, and she intended to see about it.

With a flick of her wrist, Piecemaker appeared in her hand. Her aura roared to life, then she rocketed in the direction where she saw the new Auroc careen.
    Neva forced herself up, summoning her sword, Ewige Wiederkunft, to her side. With an exertion of will, she granted a certain ascended Super Saiyan temporary... usage of it and its teleportation abilities.

'One last thing... catch!'

With that, she tossed Ewige Wiederkunft at Parsley, the sword piercing through the air on a trajectory that would allow the Saiyan princess to catch it without any trouble at all.

'It can return to you by teleporting... or teleport you to it. Use it as you see fit for the climax of this battle.'
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Neva forced herself up, summoning her sword, Ewige Wiederkunft, to her side. With an exertion of will, she granted a certain ascended Super Saiyan temporary... usage of it and its teleportation abilities.

With that, she tossed Ewige Wiederkunft at Parsley, the sword piercing through the air on a trajectory that would allow the Saiyan princess to catch it without any trouble at all.

'It can return to you by teleporting... or teleport you to it. Use it as you see fit for the climax of this battle.'
    Parsley turned her head, her hand snapped out to the side to catch the incoming sword by the hilt. 'Why thank you. I'll end this Auroc with it.' With that, she continued at speed toward where the new Auroc landed.

Thanks to Avoca, she had plenty of experience wielding with both hands. Not with swords, but it was close enough. She only intended on using Nevanlinna's blade only once, but bring this Auroc to an end!
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Only to see him get kicked away by a brand new....human?...ally.

The other in the air is now firing lightning at him.
    Dash comes to a stop, holding out an arm to stop Praxat, "Dang it. Now, where did he go?"
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Who the hell?

He landed, snapping her from her near revelation. When he spoke, his voice had a peculiar quality. As if... two voices in one. But that couldn't have been possible, right?

There was so much familiar with this new presence, yet she couldn't put her finger on it. It was almost as if... "Who are you?"
    Standing still in the followthrough of his mighty kick, the man only chuckled in knowing.

"Who am I? Are you sure you want to know?" he asked, "My story is not for the faint of heart."

His melodramatic intonation darted around the subject, but something piercing in the depth of his eyes almost gave it away.

"Let's just say...if it's too hot, you oughtta get outta the kitchen, especially if your hands are as filthy as Moronk's up there!"

The new warrior was forgotten for a moment when Neva spoke up. What she told her brought a smile to Parsley's face. Majin regeneration was an annoying and cumbersome obstacle to overcome, and one that she luckily hadn't had the chance to experience frustration from. If that had been snatched from his grasp, that would only make his eventually defeat all the sweeter to enjoy.

She would let the new warrior handle that Auroc. There was another one that needed to be dealt with swiftly. Whether the theft of the hozon carried over from one clone to the other remained to be seen, and she intended to see about it. "You handle that one," she said to him. "I got the other one."

When Parsley's aura at her new level of Super Saiyan roared to life, the man in white shuddered...only for a bit as he balanced on the ball of one foot.

"Ohhh, looks like someone's levelled up, ha ha ha!" That poise, that crackle, that stream of raging power!

He nodded as he took it all in, playfully balancing in the slipstream on a piece of rubble.

The moment she brought out the Axe and crossed it with the sword of the Threshling princess, his eyebrows raised.

"Oh! Niiice...! Pulling out all the stops, that's right! You're looking almost as good as me."

Ah, would wonders never cease? Well, this Mauroc thing was still dawdling around across two bodies. Couldn't have that.

Your move, creep...

The battle between Sefiroth and Held had been one of legend, the likes of which Reshlan--nay, the universe--only saw once every few centuries. An equal exchange of blows, action and reaction planned out dozens of steps ahead, clever traps laid and sprung... so enjoyable had it been that, even after Auroc's taint had been purged, the battle had continued--thankfully, on more amicable terms.

But all good things must come to an end, and yet, the ending of one good thing often heralded the beginning of another--in this case, a good vantage point to watch the battle against Auroc and, even more importantly, fine aged Reshlan wine shared between friends.

Sefiroth raised his glass in honor of the M fighters. "Your comrades fight well. I dare say Auroc--curse his name--is at quite the disadvantage. Are you sure you don't wish to join in? Things are becoming quite... interesting."
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

A wry, triumphant laughter echoed within the shared headspace of Sasheem. Perhaps it had been bluster or bravado, but his 'host' had set up a most splendid opportunity for a decisive strike... or several dozen decisive strikes. Their skillsets seemed to compliment each other quite well, he had to admit...

'We make quite the team, ja? One down, one--sorry, two--more to go and he will have learned his place.'

What an interesting majin this was... he was brash and violent, yes, but Voyavoda could sense in him a certain... dedication? Most majin had techniques that were simple, instinctual, yet this one had more complicated and refined techniques--and the werewithal to use them intelligently.

'If I see a chance to assist, I will, but until then... please, enjoy yourself some more.'
    "Yes, well...if you do so again, feel free to warn me," Sasheem replied, rubbing his chest slightly as he flew up to help contend with the other Maurocs, when...

Suddenly cutting across the battlefield it came. Nothing more than a tranquil breeze swept beside the raucous collisions cratering the landscape,

A kick fell, a burning meteor colliding in the back of the second Mauroc's head just before the energy blasts fell.

"Really?" The Majin raised a brow in disgust, folding his arms as he approached the "new" warrior. "....don't tell me you did that abominable dance."

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

https://youtu.be/BZogE2dYcro

Inanna, a blue aura surrounds her, a flame of unknown pressure radiating off her. No energy could be sensed, but a certain heaviness lay in the air, as if a Fated moment had finally occurred.

Her form had shifted slightly too. Her skin slightly paler, her hair whitish, her eyes a glowing, slitted amber.

Genesis turns entirely away from Rex, essentially dismissing his presence.

“Unknown”

Anther cylinder depresses into her back.

“Give it to me.”

———

Inanna, you feel.....amazing. Complete. In a way, this power is better than Hakai, better than any you had ever felt because it represents your potential pinnacle, divorced from outside pressures and duties. This is potentially your true power.
    Last edited by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade; 09-23-2020 at 12:22 PM.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

The Mauroc high above darts down and turns ethereal, passing through Parsley like a ghost. As he passes through, his back suddenly shoots out energy spikes and attempts to impale her from behind.

The Mauroc on the ground screams out and energy obliterates the building that had crashed upon him. Seething, it kicks its gaze with the fused human and then gestures, an array of magical tunes appearing in front of Mauroc.

From the runes a series of red and black magic chains shoot out to attempt to tangle the new fused human.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Inanna, a blue aura surrounds her, a flame of unknown pressure radiating off her. No energy could be sensed, but a certain heaviness lay in the air, as if a Fatesd moment had finally occurred.

Her form had shifted slightly too. Her skin slightly paler, her hair whitish, her eyes a glowing, slitted amber.

Genesis turns entirely away from Rex, essentially dismissing his presence.

“Unknown”

Anther cylinder depresses into her back.

“Give it to me.”
    Rex could have done a lot in that moment; despair over the gaps in power that had reduced him to a nonpresence, rage that he was not taken seriously, question just what had become of Inanna to achieve such power. Perhaps it was the clashing of all of these emotions that he had been left in a calm, emotionless state and more importantly, that he took notice of the cylinders on Genesis' back and began to speculate on their role.

Even if his claim to the Strongest was in danger, even if either of the two of them could obliterate him with a wave of their hands, Rex would not sit idly by. He had not conquered death by accepting things as they were! Genesis would regret turning her gaze away from him.

The Mauroc high above darts down and turns ethereal, passing through Parsley like a ghost. As he passes through, his back suddenly shoots out energy spikes and attempts to impale her from behind.
    Energy spikes shot toward her mere moments after Mauroc passed through her like a specter. She pivoted on her heel and brought her ax to bear, swinging it in a sweeping motion to block the spikes.

"Cast aside by a local human," she remarked. "How embarrassing. I wonder, will you try to blow up the planet again or do you have another tantrum in mind?"

As she spoke, crimson energy started to accumulate around her hand.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Energy spikes shot toward her mere moments after Mauroc passed through her like a specter. She pivoted on her heel and brought her ax to bear, swinging it in a sweeping motion to block the spikes.

"Cast aside by a local human," she remarked. "How embarrassing. I wonder, will you try to blow up the planet again or do you have another tantrum in mind?"

As she spoke, crimson energy started to accumulate around her hand.
    Mauroc twists and kicks, striking her in the neck and sending her spinning away.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Astonishing Member

The battle between Sefiroth and Held had been one of legend, the likes of which Reshlan--nay, the universe--only saw once every few centuries. An equal exchange of blows, action and reaction planned out dozens of steps ahead, clever traps laid and sprung... so enjoyable had it been that, even after Auroc's taint had been purged, the battle had continued--thankfully, on more amicable terms.

But all good things must come to an end, and yet, the ending of one good thing often heralded the beginning of another--in this case, a good vantage point to watch the battle against Auroc and, even more importantly, fine aged Reshlan wine shared between friends.

Sefiroth raised his glass in honor of the M fighters. "Your comrades fight well. I dare say Auroc--curse his name--is at quite the disadvantage. Are you sure you don't wish to join in? Things are becoming quite... interesting."
    The Nevadian laughed nervously as he looked on at the spectacle before him, twirling a glass of red liquid in hand.

"Normally, I couldn't dream of letting them handle a beast of this magnitude without me, but...."

Held breathed nervously, the sheer power being brought to bare as the two parties fought one another sending shivers down his spine.

"I don't think I can do anything that isn't already being done, as embarrassing as it is to admit it....If anything, I'd only be a liability. I've been relegated to moral support, unfortunately."

Good Grief....To think that they all still had so many trump cards to play..I might have to really step it up if I don't want to get left behind.

"I'm half surprised that you're not more tempted to join in, if anything....The other knights and nobles didn't seem quite as willing to overlook our transgression against their god."

He shrugged, before taking a sip from the chalice.

"Although, the majority of them seemed to be controlled, one way or another."

At first, Dash was annoyed. This stranger comes out of the blue and get's in the way of her (and Praxat's) attack. Only, when she hears him speak, suddenly her heart begins beating slightly faster. It only gets worse when she takes a closer look at him.

Taking a deep breath, she quickly calms herself down, then turns to Praxat, "Ah ain't gonna let the others have all the fun. We're gonna find a way to get in on the action. Are you still with me?"
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.