Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Of course, one of the all-time Hollywood classics, Sunset Boulevard, is in fact narrated post-mortem by the murder victim, and we know how much Ed Brubaker and his co-creators admire the Hollywood classics...

Wow! That’s it huh.. How they hell is Dylan even narrating this story...

Either way, good sh!t, looking forward to the ending...
    #MagnetoWasRight

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

One possibility, (and it's not my favorite hope), is that the demon is real, and Dylan's been doing SUCH a good job dispatching bad-guys, the demon brings him back yet again.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

BANNED

It is too bad there is only 1 more issue to go... This has been one of my favorite reads every month for a while now.

Well that was an interesting way to end the penultimate issue, for sure. I'm very interested in what #20 will have in store.

Just a thought. He and the detective fake his death to get him out of the shit he is in. This also allows a sequel later.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

No Spoilers!!!!!!!!!!

Solid read. Would(and will) read again.

Yup, good ending.

Also...

I wasn't really sold on the idea of the upcoming standalone before they go back to the The Fade Out corner of things.

The preview completely changed my mind. While I'm still not sure, it's more promising than I thought it would be.

I'll really miss this series, but this was a solid ending. I don't know how I feel about a sequel, thought. I get the feeling Brubaker said he had to say about this concept. Kira's story would end up going one of the two ways we saw this issue, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I'll really miss this series, but this was a solid ending. I don't know how I feel about a sequel, thought. I get the feeling Brubaker said he had to say about this concept. Kira's story would end up going one of the two ways we saw this issue, IMO.
    This is a book that I'd rather not see a sequel for. I agree with you. This should stand on its own.

Fantastic Member

I was anxious going into the last issue, so I'm glad they pulled off the ending (as far as I'm concerned). There was one bit that confused me, but of course now I forget what it is, so that will give me an excuse to go back and give it another read.

I also did not see the last page coming. It was a delight to be surprised like that.

spoilers:
    It means the demon isn't just a hereditary thing.
    end of spoilers

I do agree that I hope this remains a standalone as it works so well, but I can't deny I'd be giddy about a sequel anyways.
    Last edited by soundsci; 06-28-2018 at 10:33 AM.

I read the last 2 issues last night. I've loved this series and I'll definitely miss it. The ending made me feel sad but with a smile on my face at the same time, so that's probably a good thing!? I wouldn't mind if there was no sequel but if there was, I'd definitely be buying it. I'm looking forward to getting this whole series in deluxe format and reading through the whole thing again.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

BANNED

Somehow I felt the finale was a bit lacking. This was such a great book that I guess I expected more?

Anyway, all in all it was a legendary run. Kudos to Brubaker.

Not sure how I feel about the ending. It was really well done, and had us going from one end to the other
    spoilers:
    dead, not dead, dead...Demon, no Demon, Demon
    end of spoilers Maybe I would have preferred the happier middle, even if in retrospect it was too perfect, to Marvel comics meta.
    Guess I have to mull on it more.

So do we agree the last page means spoilers:
    the Demon is real?
    end of spoilers

This was some of Bru's bet writing and Phillips just keeps getting better.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!