Page 275 of 432 FirstFirst ... 175225265271272273274275276277278279285325375 ... LastLast
Results 4,111 to 4,125 of 6479

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysv75 View Post
    Has Jean truly quit X-Force? That would be a bummer.
    I hope not. My guess is that she’ll be back for some reason.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Looks like Joshua Cassara confirmed that the bikini was a last minute addition. The implication that Jean showed up wearing nothing but her mask is quite funny.

Attachment 98617
    YAAAAASS, Jean!
    Go get yours!!!
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Looks like Joshua Cassara confirmed that the bikini was a last minute addition. The implication that Jean showed up wearing nothing but her mask is quite funny.

Attachment 98617
    Thanks for getting confirmation. It so looked added on.

I see a certain member is banned which means its safe to come back into this thread. To reiterate my thoughts on Jean, I really love Percy's take on her. It feels good to finally be exicted about her again bc its been such a treat to read her nand see so much personality behind her

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Luciano Vecchio did some redesigns mixing Jean's classic color scheme and Marvel Girl look with other designs!

I really like the second and fourth ones.
    I almost missed this. These arent numbered so what are you considering the 2nd and 4th? My favorite is the bottom left. I really love the 90s headdress and this is a good way to mix it up with a classic design update
    Last edited by Havok83; 07-12-2020 at 10:18 AM.

As someone that doesn't know of Jean much (CC, Morrison and some Simonson are my expiriences with her), do you think that Percy's take mach well with her previous incarnations? or do you think that he changed her?
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

BANNED

Percy's takes the best cues from all of the great Jean writers into a fierce, fiery, human template that every writer to come after should follow.

She's the competence of Morrison, the melodramatics of X-Factor, the leader of X-Men Red, and the audacity of Bendis, with a dash of human self-doubt to round her out.

He hasn't changed her as much as centered her.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    As someone that doesn't know of Jean much (CC, Morrison and some Simonson are my expiriences with her), do you think that Percy's take mach well with her previous incarnations? or do you think that he changed her?
    This is the Jean, I recognize and love

I totally agree with you all. Percy writes a fantastic Jean. She has her passionate and fiery side but she's still empathic and compassionate. She's smart, confident, and powerful. I also agree that she has the best qualities from previous versions.

I do hope Percy gets to continue to write her. Jean does feel like a leader in X-force, and someone needs to keep Beast in check. I've always loved the friendship between Jean and Beast so I hope they eventually make up. Maybe Beast will be the one to bring Jean back into the fold.

All-New Member

Attachment 98617
    I knew it!!! That makes sense now)))

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    Thanks for getting confirmation. It so looked added on.
    It certainly did. Kind of strange that they decided to censor it. Why was naked Jean okay in House of X, but not this issue?

BANNED

It certainly did. Kind of strange that they decided to censor it. Why was naked Jean okay in House of X, but not this issue?
    Great question.

Fantastic Member

because it ruined the impact of the last page.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Yeah, I do. Feels very reminiscent of CC/Morrison the most of all.

I think it's because this is a sexual scene, so maybe it implies something a bit more "mature" or "r-rated" than the rebirth scene?

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Percy's takes the best cues from all of the great Jean writers into a fierce, fiery, human template that every writer to come after should follow.

She's the competence of Morrison, the melodramatics of X-Factor, the leader of X-Men Red, and the audacity of Bendis, with a dash of human self-doubt to round her out.

He hasn't changed her as much as centered her.
    Very well said

Imagine THIS Jean on the Orchis mission. Yeah I know a particular story had to be told, but even if it ended the same way (all dead), I can't envision M telling this Jean "try harder Marvel Girl"