Page 26 of 104 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    If there is one hero who will always be a new york classic its Spider-man.They need to move some heroes outside the city and the USA in general and make the new ones from international backgrounds
    I agree. Spider-Man and Daredevil are the local guys, but a lot of the other ones could operate elsewhere. At least Alpha Flight is based in Canada!

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I guess he did. But I've never really gotten into the idea of "earning it" in superhero universes. Peter mainly operates in one city, so idk how much respect he even merits next to guys like the Avengers.
    He does a lot in one city.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    He does a lot in one city.
    I know, but idk how much respect he's earned compared to others

Extraordinary Member

I agree. Spider-Man and Daredevil are the local guys, but a lot of the other ones could operate elsewhere. At least Alpha Flight is based in Canada!
    Spider-man takes care of all of new york.Daredevil is more of hell's kitchen only.they did the different states with the avengers.We need more heroes outside the US.

Extraordinary Member

I know, but idk how much respect he's earned compared to others
    Much more than other like miles and daredevil who have done way less.Also Spider-man has had one on one interaction with most avengers where he has more than proved himself and not just in fights.You should check out avenging Spider-man.It was great before slott rolled in with superior

Ultimate Member

Spider-man takes care of all of new york.Daredevil is more of hell's kitchen only.they did the different states with the avengers.We need more heroes outside the US.
    Also more heroes from underrepresented communities in the USA

Much more than other like miles and daredevil who have done way less.Also Spider-man has had one on one interaction with most avengers where he has more than proved himself and not just in fights.You should check out avenging Spider-man.It was great before slott rolled in with superior
    I guess so.

Extraordinary Member

Also more heroes from underrepresented communities in the USA

Oh yeah.Just feel like comics in general need to realize that there is more to the world than USA and japan and russia.Also what do people think about the facts that both the avengers and the justice league call them defenders of earth or Earth's mightiest heros but are mostly comprised of USA citizens and lead by Captain America and Superman(Truth justice and the american way)

Ultimate Member

Oh yeah.Just feel like comics in general need to realize that there is more to the world than USA and japan and russia.Also what do people think about the facts that both the avengers and the justice league call them defenders of earth or Earth's mightiest heros but are mostly comprised of USA citizens and lead by Captain America and Superman(Truth justice and the american way)
    And mostly White Americans at that. I think it should be "Truth, Justice and the Earth way!" More multinational and multiethnic representation would be a plus. Although that's improving nowadays.

On today of all days, always remember...

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post

I know the director said he liked this series, but I kind of wish we had gotten to actually see that impact the film.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post

Arrow

It is because they are American characters created by American authors. Remember pre-World War II most major European countries had robust domestic film-making industries (France & Germany the biggest among them) Hollywood was but one of many. These industries never recovered.
    Last edited by Celgress; 04-20-2021 at 01:23 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    It is because they are American characters created by American authors. Remember pre-World War II most major European countries had robust domestic film-making industries (France & Germany the biggest among them) Hollywood was but one of many. These industries never recovered.
    True, but that doesn't mean Marvel and DC can't have more international heroes

True, but that doesn't mean Marvel and DC can't have more international heroes
    Perhaps, but people write about what they know and what sells with the audience it is only natural. I don't think excluding international characters was even intentional back then it is like the joke I make about 80% (90% until the X-Men left) of Marvel's heroes calling NYC & its surrounding environs (Upstate New York) home.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Perhaps, but people write about what they know and what sells with the audience it is only natural. I don't think excluding international characters was even intentional back then it is like the joke I make about 80% (90% until the X-Men left) of Marvel's heroes calling NYC & its surrounding environs (Upstate New York) home.
    It probably wasn't intentional then. But now they can make effort to learn about other nations and cultures to make the comics more representative. At least get out of New York. If they can't go to London or Beijing, at least Houston or Vancouver or something