Page 231 of 772 FirstFirst ... 131181221227228229230231232233234235241281331731 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,465 of 11576

@jwatson

My point was the fact that despite her many roles Storm has always been for all people. And with every role she just seem to further elevate unity and peace. And with this new climate I'm sure she'll also stand with humans and still fight for co-,human and mutant relationship. It's been a staple of her character even before Xaiver rolled up. Marrying Tchalla didn't elevate her. She by marrying him level up the Status of the Mutant playing field and the Dream. It was actually her work, especially to a nation that already leads the world in peace and mutant human relations. a nation that does not hunt or kill their mutant but live as everyday citizens. So rush or not Tchalla and Ororo relationship has always been the classiest thing Marvel has done.

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    @jwatson

My point was the fact that despite her many roles Storm has always been for all people. And with every role she just seem to further elevate unity and peace. And with this new climate I'm sure she'll also stand with humans and still fight for co-,human and mutant relationship. It's been a staple of her character even before Xaiver rolled up. Marrying Tchalla didn't elevate her. She by marrying him level up the Status of the Mutant playing field and the Dream. It was actually her work, especially to a nation that already leads the world in peace and mutant human relations. a nation that does not hunt or kill their mutant but live as everyday citizens. So rush or not Tchalla and Ororo relationship has always been the classiest thing Marvel has done.
    We are just going to have to agree to disagree because i don't think there was anything classy about it. Especially the rewriting of her history and having a twelve year old having sex and i know people in other countries may do that but this is an american book and they would have never done that story to a 12 year old white girl.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    We are just going to have to agree to disagree because i don't think there was anything classy about it. Especially the rewriting of her history and having a twelve year old having sex and i know people in other countries may do that but this is an american book and they would have never done that story to a 12 year old white girl.
    It was an american book depiction of real life, in the real world. So I can understand your opinion. But non the less the two loss the virginity to each because they were in love and eventually married later down the line and hopefully one day have kids. If we real people could be so lucky. Was her having to kill a man to keep herself from being rape in which afterwards swore a vow to never kill too much for you too, or was that just american enough for you?

It was an american book depiction of real life, in the real world. So I can understand your opinion. But non the less the two loss the virginity to each because they were in love and eventually married later down the line and hopefully one day have kids. If we real people could be so lucky. Was her having to kill a man to keep herself from being rape in which afterwards swore a vow to never kill too much for you too, or was that just american enough for you?
    You know what now that you bring that up it actually makes it look a little more sinister. A 12 year old who just escaped being raped by a white man might very well feel more comfortable around an older black teen who looked like her. I mean that is definitely a traumatic experience so perhaps love had nothing to do with it. Never really thought about it before.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

You know what now that you bring that up it actually makes it look a little more sinister. A 12 year old who just escaped being raped by a white man might very well feel more comfortable around an older black teen who looked like her. I mean that is definitely a traumatic experience so perhaps love had nothing to do with it. Never really thought about it before.
    That a twelve year girl who knew the value of herself and body escape rape from a black man. Who as a african princess fell in love with an african prince and chose to give herself to him and him to her. But I see your hate for them together has you with rose colored glasses on,But how bout we dead the issue and move onto more future Storm .

That a twelve year girl who knew the value of herself and body escape rape from a black man. Who as a african princess fell in love with an african prince and chose to give herself to him and him to her. But I see your hate for them together has you with rose colored glasses on,But how bout we dead the issue and move onto more future Storm .
    Cool thats the good thing about comics. Different views. It could just as easily be said that since she accepted a ride from the guy and he attacked her as "payment" that getting help from someone else that was to be expected but since tchalla didn't take it she offered him the payment. But hey if you feel a different perspective implies some sort of hatred have at thee. lol
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Cool thats the good thing about comics. Different views. It could just as easily be said that since she accepted a ride from the guy and he attacked her as "payment" that getting help from someone else that was to be expected but since tchalla didn't take it she offered him the payment. But hey if you feel a different perspective implies some sort of hatred have at thee. lol
    Your right about the views. As I reread your post you seem to bring up race alot a White 12 year would not lose her virginity at that age. the fact that you incorrectly thought that a White man was the one who attempted to rape her which is the reason why Storm would not want to be with a white person but chose a black man only because of that. So either your white or you feel Storm is not with the white person of your chosing.

Your right about the views. As I reread your post you seem to bring up race alot a White 12 year would not lose her virginity at that age. the fact that you incorrectly thought that a White man was the one who attempted to rape her which is the reason why Storm would not want to be with a white person but chose a black man only because of that. So either your white or you feel Storm is not with the white person of your chosing.
    Cool as long as you got closure lets go with that.

In other news looking forward to cota 3.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I agree with you 1000%.
    And I, 2000% added to that.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I'm very excited for the Hellfire Gala and for the new direction for Storm. I really am enjoying Hickman's run. But in this new Krakow world I keep coming back to this

Attachment 109036
    exactly! storm when written at her most ideal would fight for all life, whether human or mutant. Constantly fighting evil mutants didn't stop her desire to protect mutants. The same would be true for humanity.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    I don't know I might be in the minority with this m, but I for one do not care for their romantic ties. Like storm being in wakanda is cool and all I think it works better if they are friends. Tachala was her husband and since 2012 he is no longer her husband the marriage was annulled by him himself. Bringing them back to get her is dragging something that doesn't need to be dragged like I said they fit better as friends than as a romantic pairing. Some disagree and really enjoy them together for black power couple or black love or whatever reason. But I for one believe that storm and tachala and wakanda as a whole need as break from each other. I mean it's cool her godhood was expanded over there but it is not the only setting to expand that aspect of her doing so will limit her only to that aspect of the MU.

I suppose because they do not need it so does every country that relies on them. So I wonder why hasn't this been made available to the world. Because I believe most nations in trade agreement with the mutant nation are in it out of necessity if wakanda is to being a drug that dies as krakoa does they will definitely go for that over the mutants.
    I disagree with the first part. I dont see how anyone could conclude her ties with wakanda has been a drag for her when the franchise gave her the biggest development arc in recent years she's had and she was a supporting character. what exactly has the xbooks done to develop her character in recent years? Let's see.

-worked with her mortal enemy to be on a team led by kitty
    -infected by a technovirus
    -eroded krakoa/wakanda diplomacy for a made up sword she didn't need
    -garnered a favor from shiar
    -babysitting possible unknown mutant kids and strained ties with another superhero team

Looking at the above when compared to her development in BP I would argue what has been dragging her down thus far is not her romance or ties to wakanda but being associated with the xmen. It truly has been the anchor to any real development for the character.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Thank you.
    you're welcome
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 04-29-2021 at 10:47 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

@jwatson

yes yes yes baby!!! please state these facts. some get off on seeing her being a babysitter but her status should be one elevated to the world stage. as a queen and/or goddess she was doing that. now its anyone's guess what exactly she is doing beyond being a krakoan mutant-only invested foot soldier.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 04-29-2021 at 10:37 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

"when a herrrrrrooooo comeeees aaaaaaaaaloooooong it's usuallly juuuuuuaaaaannnnnnn67888888 with aaaaaaaart." lol. great preview. Really appreciate how you are always on top of the new art.

And that pyro reference to Destiny with what is coming up with mystique is everything. I also truly appreciate Duggan giving the goddess a nod in that out of all the people Pyro knew even one he considered his mother in Destiny, storm was able to change him. She showed him another way. You don't always have to set the world on fire to get what you want. For a mutant that controls fire that is very deep for me.
    Last edited by jwatson; 04-29-2021 at 11:22 AM.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

let's see what the x-offices have in store for miss ro. the last panel looks promising.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    let's see what the x-offices have in store for miss ro. the last panel looks promising.
    I'm such a happy x-fan. I never thought i would be eating this good overall but i hoped. Like i'm working on a project now but there is just something about the xmen that i can't explain. I enjoy when it does well. Like i wouldn't say it's personal in that if it doesn't it's not sweat off my balls but when it is and doing actual stories i feel matter i just. I want to support it. It's really weird. But then in 5th grade when i first started dabbling in drawing my teacher had us go find a comic and i chose the issue with storm stealing the jewel from candra and we had to redraw it in our own style and he loved x-men and i just i don't know. and yes i've have herbs and wine. lol so yeah sorry if this post made no sense.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.