Page 223 of 354 FirstFirst ... 123173213219220221222223224225226227233273323 ... LastLast
Results 3,331 to 3,345 of 5304
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    I still don't get why he ISN'T worthy.

Because he questions himself? Isn't that the whole point of humility?
    I agree

It's a load of bs to me

It doesn't even work in its own internal logic imo

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    I agree

It's a load of bs to me

It doesn't even work in its own internal logic imo
    And at the end of Secret Empire, Steve Rogers lifts the hammer easily.

What the hell?!
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Steve's always been considered Worthy. In 2099, he has it full time. And in the 2015 Thor Annual and Mighty Thor 700, two kids in King Thor's future called Steve and Jane appear. They are of course named after Captain America and Dr Foster.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Steve's always been considered Worthy. In 2099, he has it full time. And in the 2015 Thor Annual and Mighty Thor 700, two kids in King Thor's future called Steve and Jane appear. They are of course named after Captain America and Dr Foster.
    Yes, but the question is how is he still worthy when Thor supposedly isn't?
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Because he's not a God. The words that made him Unworthy were "Gorr was right". Right about gods not being worthy. Jane and Steve are mortals. That's why those two are worthy and Thor isn't.

Astonishing Member

Because he's not a God. The words that made him Unworthy were "Gorr was right". Right about gods not being worthy. Jane and Steve are mortals. That's why those two are worthy and Thor isn't.
    That's a point

but being a god has never actually been a prerequisite within the mythos

thor, Odin, bor and tiwaz iirc have all been said to be worthy

But without any change in panel to the enchantment so have bill, cap, dargo, storm, widow (alternative realities I think) and jane all have been

So if what your saying is so, does that mean Gorr or fury via the watchers power changed the qualification for worthyness? Coz otherwise I see no relevance to the god/not god comparison

of course it might be so, I just see no proof of it

Extraordinary Member

For that to work, fury would have to have been talking to the hammer, not Thor.

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    That's a point

but being a god has never actually been a prerequisite within the mythos

thor, Odin, bor and tiwaz iirc have all been said to be worthy

But without any change in panel to the enchantment so have bill, cap, dargo, storm, widow (alternative realities I think) and jane all have been

So if what your saying is so, does that mean Gorr or fury via the watchers power changed the qualification for worthyness? Coz otherwise I see no relevance to the god/not god comparison

of course it might be so, I just see no proof of it
    I never thought about it but yes fury had the Watcher eye when he whispered in Thor ear. Do you mean that perhaps subcosciously he tapped into Watcher power(that by the way are at least at allfather level) to make Thor feel , no better becoming unworthy?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Baron of Faltine View Post
    I never thought about it but yes fury had the Watcher eye when he whispered in Thor ear. Do you mean that perhaps subcosciously he tapped into Watcher power(that by the way are at least at allfather level) to make Thor feel , no better becoming unworthy?
    Or, as I said did he use that power to awaken the hammer?

I'm pretty sure at this point Thor won't get the hammer back until he is prepared to give it up to save Janes life.

BANNED

Where's Baldur?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Reigns View Post
    Where's Baldur?
    I believe he is currently the God of the Dead in Hel.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    I believe he is currently the God of the Dead in Hel.
    Wow, from god of light and truth to hel's old job.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Baron of Faltine View Post

I guess I was trying to suggest that if that fury being the Watcher was important as I believe it was used to add credence to the statement and make it "true" by the writer iirc

Then by extention fury may have caused some change to happen that affected the enchantment as a whole

Watchers and Skyfathers I think are comparable in power so I could work with that

It's not what I think the writer intended but it at least make sense to me within the internal logic

I'm more interested in Thanos x Hela and Odin x Phoenix.

well, not THAT much about the latter but those two are the only thing that picks my interest a bit.

BANNED

So is Odison back as main thor or will there simply be two thors, both Odinson and Jane

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/thor/...elease-a154730