MAJOR X #1
    SYMBIOTE SPIDER-MAN #1 (OF 5)
    IMMORTAL HULK #16
    MARVELS ANNOTATED #3 (of 4)
    FANTASTIC FOUR #9
    DOCTOR STRANGE #13
    DEAD MAN LOGAN #6 (of 12)
    CONAN THE BARBARIAN #5

Maybe (Depending if i liked the previous stories)

.THOR #12
    WAR OF THE REALMS #2
    AVENGERS #18
    VENOM #13
    MAJOR X #2
    AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #19,20.
    AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #18.HU
    AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #19.HU
    TONY STARK: IRON MAN #11
    SPIDER-MAN: LIFE STORY #2 (of 6)
    SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #5
    GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY #4
    MARVEL COMICS PRESENTS #4
    AGE OF CONAN: BÊLIT, QUEEN OF THE BLACK COAST #2 (OF 5)
    SAVAGE SWORD OF CONAN #4

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    I dont quite understand the ASM.HU issues. Are they just connected to the story but missable? Or chapters?
    Tie-ins / One Shots? I'm skipping them.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    They act like point one's. Marvel did similar when they were publishing Age Of Ultron (there were two Superior Spider-man #6 issues released with one being #6 and the other was #6. AU.)

The decimal system is way better than making each of them one-shots because it makes it very clear what the reading order is and makes it very clear that they're not part of legacy numbering, unlike say, THAT X-MEN WOTR MINI WHAT THE HELL?!
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Wow - they really reached deep into the back of the art drawer for that Simonson alt cover of the Asgardians with the machine guns - from an old "Marvel Age" annual I think?

I have no interest in the main storyline, but I am intrigued by the Squadron Supreme of America and I might get the new GotG with Beta Ray Bill...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    If Nick Spencer wasn't writing these, I'd probably give them a pass but as he's writing them, I'll be buying with confidence.

Even if I don't need them to understand the main ASM storyline, I'm betting they'll be good reads. And really, how am I supposed to say no to a spotlight issue on The Gibbon?

Def--

War of the Realms #1-2
    Tony Stark: Iron Man #11
    Thor #12
    Unstoppable Wasp #6
    Meet the Skrulls #3
    Ironheart #5
    Avengers #18
    Amazing Spider-Man #19-20, #18-19.HU
    West Coast Avengers #10
    Superior Spider-Man #5
    Fantastic Four #9
    Punisher #10

Maybe--

War of the Realms: War Scrolls #1
    X-Force #6
    Apocalypse and the X-Tracts #2
    Vader: Dark Visions #3

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    If Nick Spencer wasn't writing these, I'd probably give them a pass but as he's writing them, I'll be buying with confidence.

Even if I don't need them to understand the main ASM storyline, I'm betting they'll be good reads. And really, how am I supposed to say no to a spotlight issue on The Gibbon?
    "Buy everything Spencer writes" is godlike strategy, trust me.

Mighty Member

Yay, Stryfe is back. Hooray. That's what's the X-Books have been missing. The X-Office sure had us fooled.

Who didn't see this coming a mile away? You introduce a new Cable, so Stryfe following along isn't a hard extrapolation.

Thoughts:

- Look, a major Thor story where Thor gets top billing and prominence on the art! I wonder if that will change once Jane inevitably gets her own hammer ?

- So I guess War of the Realms is officially our "event of the year" with all the tie-ins and mini's that entails. Reminds me of the Casket of Ancient Winters stuff, even if that was a lot smaller scale compared to this.

- "Squadron Supreme of America?" Doesn't roll off the tongue like the DC equivalents...although does that make this the 3rd or 4th variant of the Squadron? Assuming they're not just the old version refurbished.

- I wonder how long they might take Vision out. I don't feel like they can keep such a major Avengers character off the board for too long.

- Off-hand exploring the history of Thanos raising Gamora should be interesting, but I can't help but wonder how much synergy they might throw in there.

- What better way to emphasize Ms. Marvel as this generation's Spider-Man then by giving her her own team-up book? But while I get why they're starting off with Spidey, it feels a little redundant with their last team-up during Slott's run. I'm curious what the sales barometer for it is going to be as a spinoff of the main Ms. Marvel book, which is already more of a digital and trade success then a floppy success by this point.

- That Invaders cover makes me miss Namor's old looks.

- Looks like we're finally going to see Bruce deal with Rick's death...

- It's nice to see a Guardians team that isn't playing around.

- "Ten Rings?" Did Fraction already bring that into the comics? I feel like it's existed before.

- Carol vs. Rogue? Considering Thompson's a fan of both, should be interesting to see what kind of dynamic she writes with them.

- I wonder which family member of Kamala's is in bad medical condition? I kinda feel like it might be her dad, but I could see it being Aamir.

- Well, I guess now that they've basically MCU-ized Shuri, she can go on team-ups with other young heroes.

- Is T'Challa ever going back to Earth in his solo book? Kind of weird to see things be so out-of-synch there.

- The Shadow Wing Star Wars book sounds really interesting.

- Looks like they're using Morgan's Avengers: Secret Wars design for that Marvel Rising comic.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    "Buy everything Spencer writes" is godlike strategy, trust me.
    Oh, I know. Been doing it for years - hasn't failed me yet!

[QUOTE=Frontier;4154733]Thoughts:

- Look, a major Thor story where Thor gets top billing and prominence on the art! I wonder if that will change once Jane inevitably gets her own hammer ?

- So I guess War of the Realms is officially our "event of the year" with all the tie-ins and mini's that entails. Reminds me of the Casket of Ancient Winters stuff, even if that was a lot smaller scale compared to this.

- "Squadron Supreme of America?" Doesn't roll off the tongue like the DC equivalents...although does that make this the 3rd or 4th variant of the Squadron? Assuming they're not just the old version refurbished.

- I wonder how long they might take Vision out. I don't feel like they can keep such a major Avengers character off the board for too long.

- Off-hand exploring the history of Thanos raising Gamora should be interesting, but I can't help but wonder how much synergy they might throw in there.

- What better way to emphasize Ms. Marvel as this generation's Spider-Man then by giving her her own team-up book? But while I get why they're starting off with Spidey, it feels a little redundant with their last team-up during Slott's run. I'm curious what the sales barometer for it is going to be as a spinoff of the main Ms. Marvel book, which is already more of a digital and trade success then a floppy success by this point.

- That Invaders cover makes me miss Namor's old looks.

- Looks like we're finally going to see Bruce deal with Rick's death...

- It's nice to see a Guardians team that isn't playing around.

- "Ten Rings?" Did Fraction already bring that into the comics? I feel like it's existed before.

- Carol vs. Rogue? Considering Thompson's a fan of both, should be interesting to see what kind of dynamic she writes with them.

- I wonder which family member of Kamala's is in bad medical condition? I kinda feel like it might be her dad, but I could see it being Aamir.

- Well, I guess now that they've basically MCU-ized Shuri, she can go on team-ups with other young heroes.

- Is T'Challa ever going back to Earth in his solo book? Kind of weird to see things be so out-of-synch there.

- The Shadow Wing Star Wars book sounds really interesting.

- Looks like they're using Morgan's Avengers: Secret Wars design for that Marvel Rising comic.[/QUOTE
    Wait- ms. Marvel is the headliner of marvel team up- not spider man? Hmmmm..don’t know why, but that intrigues me..🤔

War of the Realms 1, 2
    Avengers 18
    Avengers: No Road Home 8, 9, 10

The Vision will die, and then evolve into a different form. Perhaps he will have the Mind Stone in his head now.

Avengers: Edge of Infinity 1
    Thanos 1
    GOTG 4
    Captain Marvel 4
    Black Widow 4
    Hotshots 2
    Star Wars 64
    Vader-Dark Visions 3

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Thoughts:

No. The Mandarin has often had minions, but they've never been called anything in particular as a group. Ewing is the first to bring them into 616 continuity.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    The decimal system is way better than making each of them one-shots because it makes it very clear what the reading order is and makes it very clear that they're not part of legacy numbering, unlike say, THAT X-MEN WOTR MINI WHAT THE HELL?!
    Or the creative numbering they've got going on with Avengers: No Road Home. That one is sure to get collectors screaming.
    Last edited by Somecrazyaussie; 01-23-2019 at 12:14 AM.