Page 29 of 211 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979129 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    No it’s also immoral because you never know if someone is feeling compelled to sleep with Joss because he has power over their career. It’s like all the women who felt pressure to sleep with Weinstein.
    I have no way of knowing the circumstances, and therefore no way of judging. No one has come forward with any claims of unwelcome sexual advances against him, and I'm pretty sure this far into #MeToo they would have come to light. Except for the Charisma Carpenter incident, I haven't heard any of his female cast members or co-stars say anything against him. Including many who are not the type to remain silent, and many who have continued to work with him and associate with him socially.

I just don't think I or anyone else have the right to act as judges every time two people in Hollywood strike up a conversation.

If a responsible adult woman doesn't feel like she was victimized, perfect strangers have no right to tell her she was.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    On one hand, Ray Fisher may seem like he has nothing to lose considering the state of his career but he could end up being blackballed by saying these things, so why would he lie? I know he feels indebted to Snyder but I don't believe he'll go as far as slander to prove that. I don't think he's that dumb. And there's nothing to suggest Whedon couldn't have acted unprofessionally on set. He's been accused of it before and while it's no excuse, I can see how he may not have gotten along with everyone considering it wasn't his film at all.
    On the other hand, if we're taking hypothetical assumptions into account, Fisher could have something to gain from saying these things, by gaining enough traction and support (like you said, the timing is suspicious). Not just here, but on Twitter people are accusing anyone of questioning or disagreeing with him of "trying to silence him." While there may not be anything to "suggest Whedon couldn't have acted unprofessionally on set" more solid evidence should be provided for accusations of abuse, especially when those accusations are so vague. Not getting along with people isn't always the same thing as being abusive.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I was just refuting the other guy's claim that Whedon has never been accused of abuse.

Affleck maybe but was Mamoa that big at the time?
    I'm talking about right now. If this is true both can come out and **** all over Whedon without any fear of him being able to black list them or effect they're career at all. They probaly have way more power in Hollywood then he does atm. Ezra Miller just trying to stay under the radar so people forget he chocked a chick.

Maybe, until the time that the details come out and are verified or refuted, we should just table the Ray Fisher thing? We have no facts, so way to even guess if Fisher has legitimate complaints or if this's just someone taking advantage of the newfound hostility over Whedon and his work on the movie to pass off petty entitlement as something serious.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    You can believe it or not, however the point remains that this week isn’t the first time Whedon has had accusations thrown his way. It’s not a new thing. For what it’s worth Whedon said he would agree to some of her points and disagree to others but didn’t want to discuss it publicly anymore.

However either way, between that and Carpenter this is the third accusation levied his way about on set behavior
    Again getting accused is not really proving something esp. today and with a divorce happening.
    As AndrewCrossett said, if he used his position to sleep with someone, do you really think no one of them would come out and say so after metoo started?

In the same vein comparing him to Weinstein or Cosby is not really in good taste, because again proven is nothing.
    Last edited by lowfyr; 07-02-2020 at 11:28 PM.

So listening to fatman beyond. They think the Gross Fisher is referring to is a scene wheedon added of Flash falling on Wonder woman's boobs. Gal refused to do it and Joss used a body double apparently. And then Kevin Smith said he talked to some crew who worked on Justice league on the set of one the star wars movies i think. Apparently according to this one guy the unprofessional was Wheedon just talking all kinds of **** about Snyders cut of the movie. Basicaly he was saying how bad the movie was to the people who made the movie. And WBs and the producers felt the same way that's why they brought Joss in so they enabled that behavior. Really shitty thing to do if its true. Though I wouldn't call it abuse.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    So listening to fatman beyond. They think the Gross Fisher is referring to is a scene wheedon added of Flash falling on Wonder woman's boobs. Gal refused to do it and Joss used a body double apparently. And then Kevin Smith said he talked to some crew who worked on Justice league on the set of one the star wars movies i think. Apparently according to this one guy the unprofessional was Wheedon just talking all kinds of **** about Snyders cut of the movie. Basicaly he was saying how bad the movie was to the people who made the movie. And WBs and the producers felt the same way that's why they brought Joss in so they enabled that behavior. Really shitty thing to do if its true. Though I wouldn't call it abuse.
    That's it?

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I'm confused. How did Whedon know that Snyder's cut (which I still don't think existed at the time) was terrible before being brought on to finish the movie? How does any of that make sense?
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

There was apparently a rough cut that Snyder showed the executives that made them panic because it was more of the same/worse. It's possible Whedon was referring to that.

God, they really should have pulled the plug on JL as soon as the BvS reviews came in, consequences be damned. The situation they found themselves in was infinitely worse than just taking whatever loss from ceasing production and firing Snyder before he started work. Or just letting Snyder finish his cut and sending it out to sink or swim on its own merits, because bringing in Whedon to do a Frankenstein creation didn't help matters.

BANNED

Whether the rumours of Whedon are true or not. Many can and will separate the man from the work. Whedon's Justice League movie stilled sucked. The accusation only makes the movie look worse.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

The accusation coming out after the validation of releasing the Snyder cut and well after Whedon's lost favor in the public eye does come across as petty if the main reason is that Whedon was insulting to the Snyder cut.

That's still unprofessional and disrespectful, and if the alleged abuse went beyond that good on Fisher for speaking out. But at the same time, if that's all, it seems pretty pointless now. Especially when we have some of the more extreme Snyder cut crowd chomping at the bit to start demonizing Whedon and Johns and others even further.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

This really shows that Whedon needs to concentrate on his own work and stop wasting time trying to rescue other people's train wrecks. I know it pays well, but it's not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    This really shows that Whedon needs to concentrate on his own work and stop wasting time trying to rescue other people's train wrecks. I know it pays well, but it's not worth it.
    I kind of agree but this was a pretty unique situation. Sure Whedon has punched up plenty of scripts but i don't see him taking over for another director mid-project anytime soon. Frankly i don't think directing is really Whedon's strong suit anyhow although i still love the 1st avengers movie in particular.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    There was apparently a rough cut that Snyder showed the executives that made them panic because it was more of the same/worse. It's possible Whedon was referring to that.

God, they really should have pulled the plug on JL as soon as the BvS reviews came in, consequences be damned. The situation they found themselves in was infinitely worse than just taking whatever loss from ceasing production and firing Snyder before he started work. Or just letting Snyder finish his cut and sending it out to sink or swim on its own merits, because bringing in Whedon to do a Frankenstein creation didn't help matters.
    Snyder stepped down because of a family tragedy, so i don't think there was any "waiting to let Snyder finish". That said, i agree that it might have been smarter to hire a director that was fully on board with Snyder's vision but it sounds like the studio wanted to course correct so we end up with a weird hybrid movie that pleases nobody. Kind of reminds of the debacle with the Star Wars ST to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    I'm confused. How did Whedon know that Snyder's cut (which I still don't think existed at the time) was terrible before being brought on to finish the movie? How does any of that make sense?
    Snyder turned in a long as hell rough cut and WBs wasn't happy at all supposedly. Someone close to sndyer coulda done reshoots. But they brought Wheedon in who did massive rewrites because they hated it. Makes complete sense WB showed that to Wheedon so he knew what he was working with.

I mean Cyborg had way more scenes suppsedly so makes sense he would be upset that Wheedon took it away and then also **** all over a story Fisher helped Snyder craft. At the same time thoug its not abuse, it just says Wheedon is either oblivious or can be a dick.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 07-03-2020 at 12:53 PM.