Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

It would be the best if Linda returned as she was in her last appearance (in her own series, not as how she was seen on War on Hell), She was a very different and interesting character and we must
    admit than the closure than David gave to the character was really well done.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Karen is Clark's age
    Kara is dicks age
    Linda is Conners age(with him getting a slight age up himself)
    Cir-el being teen titans age
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    Karen is Clark's age
    Kara is dicks age
    Linda is Conners age(with him getting a slight age up himself)
    Cir-el being teen titans age
    Is Karen the Matrix?

Mae is Matrix
    Karen is Power Girl

I remember suggesting bringing back Linda-Mae in her combined "Earthborn Angel" form under the classic Superman Mythos name, "Flamebird", and treat her as the Superman Family's foothold in the Magic side of the DC Universe, maybe the super representative in Justice League Dark.

The idea seemed broadly popular last time I suggested it, but it's also so specific that I don't think it'd ever remotely happen.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    I remember suggesting bringing back Linda-Mae in her combined "Earthborn Angel" form under the classic Superman Mythos name, "Flamebird", and treat her as the Superman Family's foothold in the Magic side of the DC Universe, maybe the super representative in Justice League Dark.

The idea seemed broadly popular last time I suggested it, but it's also so specific that I don't think it'd ever remotely happen.

Anything is possible, DC just needs to give as much love and a chance as other families get in the DCU.
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Anything is possible, DC just needs to give as much love and a chance as other families get in the DCU.
    The 90s is when they got the most love. Apart from the many Superman titles we also had Steel, Superboy, and Supergirl. Plus, two of those three titles are still in the top three for longest Superman allie series.

Oddly enough it looked like DC was gonna give the WW family more love than the Super family (present day) but Wonder Girl fell flat and I don't think Nubia will be picked up as an ongoing.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Angel View Post
    The 90s is when they got the most love. Apart from the many Superman titles we also had Steel, Superboy, and Supergirl. Plus, two of those three titles are still in the top three for longest Superman allie series.

Oddly enough it looked like DC was gonna give the WW family more love than the Super family (present day) but Wonder Girl fell flat and I don't think Nubia will be picked up as an ongoing.

I can't see the current DC allowing, or taking a chance on a super family type series, which is sad

I’ve said this before in other threads, but to me the best way to bring her back would be as Seraph. Earth Born Angel powers and a role as the superfamily’s supernatural expert.
    It would be fun to have a Superman anthology where the extended Superfamily had solo stories again. Linda could really use a new story reestablishing her in the current continuity.
    I’d keep her time as Supergirl mostly intact, but explain that she adopted the name in honor of an AU Supergirl. This way the fact that they want to keep Kara younger wouldn’t really affect Linda much.
    Leesburg should continue to be her primary setting when she’s not helping other Supers in Metropolis etc.

That would be ideal and absolutely something I would be excited about. It would be even better if Peter David were given the opportunity to write again but don't think he would. I don't even think he writes comics anymore.
    He is writing several minis for Marvel recently. I think it’s just a matter of DC contacting him with a good proposition.

I'm a perfect world she would comeback exaclty how she was at the end of her series, look and powers, but the earth born angel powers and look stuck with ppl, and I don't think she will comeback without it
    I think that would be the best way to bring her back. The Angel powers and connections were something unique to her that would make her stand out as unique and not a rival for the same stories that Kara and Power Girl have.
    I'd like to see her find her daughter.
    It is a shame that the character was given such a sad ending and then abandoned by DC. I don't have much hope for her unfortunately. That makes me sad because her series is still one of my favorite runs.

That would be ideal and absolutely something I would be excited about. It would be even better if Peter David were given the opportunity to write again but don't think he would. I don't even think he writes comics anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    He is writing several minis for Marvel recently. I think it’s just a matter of DC contacting him with a good proposition.
    Even if I would like to see Peter David again writing Linda, I also doubt he would do it, unless the deal would be good enough for him. Remember also than he continued with the Linda story, unofficially, in his own owned series, Fallen Angel. Why would he return to the Supergirl series if he could continued the story he wants to do and deal with the concepts he wants to do in his own series without any edoitorial interference?
    As I said, the deal had to be really good to convince him to do a new series based on Linda.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Remember also than he continued with the Linda story, unofficially, in his own owned series, Fallen Angel.
    Thats the main reason I think he won't come back.

I'm also a little surprised about why the series was canceled in the first place. It was selling 21,000 to 23,000 at the end when it got canceled. Those sales aren't anything to brag about but look at the bat book Azrael: Agent of the Bat. It sold in the 15,000s for its last 19 issues. Don't know why DC kept that one burning for so long while throwing Supergirl in the trash.

Extraordinary Member

Thats the main reason I think he won't come back.

I'm also a little surprised about why the series was canceled in the first place. It was selling 21,000 to 23,000 at the end when it got canceled. Those sales aren't anything to brag about but look at the bat book Azrael: Agent of the Bat. It sold in the 15,000s for its last 19 issues. Don't know why DC kept that one burning for so long while throwing Supergirl in the trash.
    DC told him he needed to raise the sales numbers or the book would be cancelled. His response was to bring the pre-crisis Kara in and have her team up with Linda. This did indeed increase the sales numbers somewhat, but not fast enough to save the book. Sales at the very end actually did reach the DC's threshold, but by then the decision had already been made to cancel it and they didn't reconsider. PAD blamed the choice in cover artist for the first few issues of Many Happy Returns for the book's cancellation, saying that buyers were turned off by the cover art and so the sales didn't start to reach their potential until the cover artist changed, except by then it was too late.

To me the real question is why her series ending meant she had to quit being a superhero altogether and drop off the face of the earth. Even with the Fallen Angel series, why drop the entirety of the Leesburg universe and take part of the Superman family away. If they wanted to make a new Supergirl like Cir El there was no reason to start acting like Linda and Matrix never existed. They could have kept her around as Superwoman, even with a completely different writer. It's not like Conner disappeared when his series ended or Steel was never mentioned again after his series. They had an event where the entire super-family got together specifically to rescue Steel from Darkside.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    DC told him he needed to raise the sales numbers or the book would be cancelled. His response was to bring the pre-crisis Kara in and have her team up with Linda. This did indeed increase the sales numbers somewhat, but not fast enough to save the book. Sales at the very end actually did reach the DC's threshold, but by then the decision had already been made to cancel it and they didn't reconsider. PAD blamed the choice in cover artist for the first few issues of Many Happy Returns for the book's cancellation, saying that buyers were turned off by the cover art and so the sales didn't start to reach their potential until the cover artist changed, except by then it was too late.

To me the real question is why her series ending meant she had to quit being a superhero altogether and drop off the face of the earth. Even with the Fallen Angel series, why drop the entirety of the Leesburg universe and take part of the Superman family away. If they wanted to make a new Supergirl like Cir El there was no reason to start acting like Linda and Matrix never existed. They could have kept her around as Superwoman, even with a completely different writer. It's not like Conner disappeared when his series ended or Steel was never mentioned again after his series. They had an event where the entire super-family got together specifically to rescue Steel from Darkside.

DC only thinks there can be one of any "type" of character.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    And when Kara came back after Cir El she did not impress me then or during her series. Matrix had a far more messed up start though so it just comes to show that any great writer can craft a mess into an amazing character which is what happened, but then it was all discarded.

Also, I don't think Kara will ever have as long of a run as Linda. Her having her comic series canceled during the time she had her own show I think proves she is not destined to get above 80.