Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    ....Edit: Oh, and somehow I forgot to mention, but Goblin Serum + Symbiote = immunity to fire and sonics, well, that's just dumb lol.
    Behold the unstoppable King of the Mary Sues our man Red Goblin lol.

But in all seriousness boy is this guy overpowered.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post

Which will just make it all the better when Spider-Man takes him down, although I am really, really hoping that Liz's real connection to Norman gets exposed here.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    By #800 his Goblin Serum will have developed anti-Anti-Venom cells

I honestly don't mind that much, just think it could use an explanation that is less of an asspull, referencing that Carnage mini would be nice to explain why he has the immunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Which will just make it all the better when Spider-Man takes him down, although I am really, really hoping that Liz's real connection to Norman gets exposed here.
    Wonder if Slott even remembers that lol.

By #800 his Goblin Serum will have developed anti-Anti-Venom cells

I honestly don't mind that much, just think it could use an explanation that is less of an asspull, referencing that Carnage mini would be nice to explain why he has the immunity.

Wonder if Slott even remembers that lol.
    As it was his idea in the first place, he'd probably remember it better than any of us.

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

As it was his idea in the first place, he'd probably remember it better than any of us.
    LOL, I think he forgets his own ideas more often than any others... I remember in ASM 28 when Peter went toe to toe with Osborn, he forgot that 3 different things he had earlier established: first, that Peter was trained in the Way of the Spider and is a master combatant; second, that he showed Peter's armor was EMP-proof; third; that he showed Peter's armor had a gas filter. Yet he sequentially forgot all of those during the issue so he could do his plot.

Anyways, on topic, I like Red Goblin being this overpowered as long as defeating him next issue is something Peter does without any help, and also makes logical sense. If Peter beats Red Goblin either in his classic red and blues or by wearing the Venom symbiote, that would be super annoying, given how powerful Red Goblin was established to be. Just keep the power levels consistent, basically.

BANNED

Kid red goblin. if he transforms "Emma" at some point it could almost be maximum carnage 2. one happy psycho symbiotic "family" on a rampage though I don't see them racking up the previous one's body count.
    Last edited by theoneandonly; 04-18-2018 at 03:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    LOL, I think he forgets his own ideas more often than any others... I remember in ASM 28 when Peter went toe to toe with Osborn, he forgot that 3 different things he had earlier established: first, that Peter was trained in the Way of the Spider and is a master combatant; second, that he showed Peter's armor was EMP-proof; third; that he showed Peter's armor had a gas filter. Yet he sequentially forgot all of those during the issue so he could do his plot.

Anyways, on topic, I like Red Goblin being this overpowered as long as defeating him next issue is something Peter does without any help, and also makes logical sense. If Peter beats Red Goblin either in his classic red and blues or by wearing the Venom symbiote, that would be super annoying, given how powerful Red Goblin was established to be. Just keep the power levels consistent, basically.
    Hmm, point. I like your Spider-Man 2099 icon, by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    Kid red goblin. if he transforms "Emma" at some point it could almost be maximum carnage 2. one happy psycho symbiotic "family" on a rampage though I don't see them racking up the previous one's body count.
    Or Carnage USA, since that one had Carnage spreading itself to multiple hosts a la Web of Shadows with Venom.

Hmm, point. I like your Spider-Man 2099 icon, by the way.
    Thanks! The CBR avatar size requirements are really small, so it isn't as sharp as I'd like, but I thought it was time for a change!

Or Carnage USA, since that one had Carnage spreading itself to multiple hosts a la Web of Shadows with Venom.
    To be honest, there are a ton of different ways this could go down, especially since, IIRC we get like 80 pages of full story next issue, and then another epilogue issue in ASM 801. Technically, that's almost like having 4 more issues left to go in the storyline, at least in terms of page space... I expect next issue will be chock full of plot development (Slott still needs to explain the twist with Harry's mom, how Peter will get a black suit, and how Harry's family takes Normie being transformed into Goblin Jr.) as well as have tons of action. I don't know how I will wait the next month and a half until it comes out!!! Though I expect Infinity War's release next week will help with that...
    Last edited by blackspidey2099; 04-18-2018 at 03:36 PM.

Huh, somehow I didn't notice the second and third ones, I did notice that Spidey lost Spider-Fu quite fast though, was it ever used post Ends of the Earth? Lol

When are those others stabilished by the way?

Hopefuly he does a better job than the fight against Superior Ock, that was so underwhelming...

Huh, somehow I didn't notice the second and third ones, I did notice that Spidey lost Spider-Fu quite fast though, was it ever used post Ends of the Earth? Lol

When are those others stabilished by the way?
    I think the EMP thing was established when Peter fights the Goblin army and creates an EMP to take down all the Goblin's tech and Mockingbird's wings, but Peter's armor is fine. The mask filter was shown in one of the Civil War II: Amazing Spider-Man tie-ins when he fought that robot dude with Ulysses' help.

I think the only time Spider-Fu was mentioned past Ends of the Earth was when Peter was fighting Scorpio in ASM 10, but it wasn't used then either. Peter just made a mention of it, IIRC.

Hopefuly he does a better job than the fight against Superior Ock, that was so underwhelming...
    Yeah, Peter outgunned Ock so much in that issue that Slott had to resort to bad writing to give Ock a chance LOL. Super lame fight and send off to PI.

I think the EMP thing was established when Peter fights the Goblin army and creates an EMP to take down all the Goblin's tech and Mockingbird's wings, but Peter's armor is fine. The mask filter was shown in one of the Civil War II: Amazing Spider-Man tie-ins when he fought that robot dude with Ulysses' help.
    Thanks, EMP thing was in ASM#4, which is even funnier now that I checked it out, since he was at the very center of it, so his armor should be more affected than anything else if it weren't immune to it... Also for some reason it was a some kid who suggested for him to do that, geez... The Civil War II thing wasn't written by Slott, but it was written by Gage, and since Slott said that he corrects some dialogue Gage does in when he's in ASM, maybe he also did it that tie in? 'Cause if so then Slott should know about it. Normaly an editor should know it too, but we all know what they do about continuity lol.

I think the only time Spider-Fu was mentioned past Ends of the Earth was when Peter was fighting Scorpio in ASM 10, but it wasn't used then either. Peter just made a mention of it, IIRC.
    He did a karate chop, which Scorpio blocked, then Spidey was defeated anyways, though it was because he was protecting bystanders and not because Scorpio was a better fighter, that would be absurd.

Yeah, Peter outgunned Ock so much in that issue that Slott had to resort to bad writing to give Ock a chance LOL. Super lame fight and send off to PI.
    One annoying thing is that Otto mostly had the advantage, but then when Spidey has it, instead of some fight, Otto just runs away, so they didn't actualy fight in that issue... Now that I think of it, Spidey had hours to prepare himself to Otto, and Otto showed he could easily hack into PI's stuff, and then Peter faces him with those Spider-Mobiles, even Otto points out how stupid that was lol.

Thanks, EMP thing was in ASM#4, which is even funnier now that I checked it out, since he was at the very center of it, so his armor should be more affected than anything else if it weren't immune to it... Also for some reason it was a some kid who suggested for him to do that, geez... The Civil War II thing wasn't written by Slott, but it was written by Gage, and since Slott said that he corrects some dialogue Gage does in when he's in ASM, maybe he also did it that tie in? 'Cause if so then Slott should know about it. Normaly an editor should know it too, but we all know what they do about continuity lol.
    Oh yeah, you are right. I thought Slott wrote the Civil War II tie-ins as well, so that's my bad. I guess Slott has redeemed himself a bit when it comes to keeping continuity in mind LOL! But yeah, the Marvel editors are pretty much useless these days when it comes to keeping a consistent continuity - to be fair to them, the Marvel Universe has only become more complex, but then again, if fans can keep track of that stuff, paid professionals should be able to do so as well.

He did a karate chop, which Scorpio blocked, then Spidey was defeated anyways, though it was because he was protecting bystanders and not because Scorpio was a better fighter, that would be absurd.
    Yeah, he didn't use any cool moves or anything, he just mentioned being taught by Shang-Chi IIRC. Did he not say anything about Way of the Spider or Shang-Chi while he was fighting Scorpio? Maybe I was mistaken.

One annoying thing is that Otto mostly had the advantage, but then when Spidey has it, instead of some fight, Otto just runs away, so they didn't actualy fight in that issue... Now that I think of it, Spidey had hours to prepare himself to Otto, and Otto showed he could easily hack into PI's stuff, and then Peter faces him with those Spider-Mobiles, even Otto points out how stupid that was lol.
    Yeah, that fight was so annoying because Peter wasted his hours of preparation time. Peter could have done any number of things to stop Otto. His armor made him way stronger and more durable than Otto is. He invented that chemical which can block Otto's nerve impulses all the way back in ASM 90 or something. He made another way to stop Otto's tentacles when he was like 15 IIRC. He could have used cryo-pellets against Ock. He could have used his nerve-hacking tech from Spider-Man/Deadpool to automatically knock Ock out. He could have reprogrammed his tech to remove the exploit that Ock put in it while he was living inside the PI servers. He could have used magnetic webbing to block the signals Ock was sending to his tech. He could have used his anti-metal spider-tracers to melt all of Otto's tech. Heck, he could have super-charged himself on Parker Particles and turned Ock into a cute little puppy or something (lol). At the very least, he could have made a back-up of all his data and tech secrets/designs and teleported it into some secret location. Or, even simpler - when he was deleting all the dangerous weapon designs and stuff, he could have kept the personal data of his users intact for them to use. It's not like Hydra can take over the world with people's browser history or whatever. But yeah, bad writing.

At the very least, he could have made a back-up of all his data and tech secrets/designs and teleported it into some secret location. Or, even simpler - when he was deleting all the dangerous weapon designs and stuff, he could have kept the personal data of his users intact for them to use. It's not like Hydra can take over the world with people's browser history or whatever. But yeah, bad writing.
    This. This so much. This is the main thing that made it terrible writing. You know Doc Ock is coming, you're supposed to be technologically advanced and you mean to tell me that you DON'T have offsite backup?? I understand that PI had to go, but they couldn't have done it in a believable way?

Quote Originally Posted by Seto Kaiba View Post
    This. This so much. This is the main thing that made it terrible writing. You know Doc Ock is coming, you're supposed to be technologically advanced and you mean to tell me that you DON'T have offsite backup?? I understand that PI had to go, but they couldn't have done it in a believable way?
    Agreed. It's unfortunate that PI had to be taken off board, but there could have been a number of better ways to do it. If they wanted to go with a villain coming to take Peter's designs and Peter sacrificing the company to stop them, they should have gone with the Maker or someone who just outmatches Peter. That story would have been so much more awesome badass if Peter had done all (or some of) the things I had mentioned above, but the Maker kept figuring ways to counter or beat all of Peter's ideas, leaving Peter with no other choice but to destroy the data. It would make Peter seem like a competent superhero and show off how smart he is, but also get the job done, since the Maker is basically Reed Richards, the smartest person ever. Peter's not Reed Richards level, so it makes sense that he'd eventually have to go down. If Doom had been evil then, Doom could have done it as well.

Oh yeah, you are right. I thought Slott wrote the Civil War II tie-ins as well, so that's my bad. I guess Slott has redeemed himself a bit when it comes to keeping continuity in mind LOL! But yeah, the Marvel editors are pretty much useless these days when it comes to keeping a consistent continuity - to be fair to them, the Marvel Universe has only become more complex, but then again, if fans can keep track of that stuff, paid professionals should be able to do so as well.
    I mean, in some cases I can understand having some inconsistencies, but let's take Damnation, it's said that the story takes place before Thor #603, and that's impossible, because in Thor #603, it's the last time Jane can turn in Thor, and when she does transform she goes solve something else, and she is in Damnation as Thor, let's also keep in mind that in Thor#603 Strange wasn't Sorcerer Supreme, while he got back the title in right before Damnation.

Another example is that Spencer's Free comic book issue, which [spoi]Fisk is still mayor, and even the editor's notes says it's before Daredevil #601, but the problem is that the story obviously takes place after Venom Inc, since Spidey isn't living with Bobbi, problem is, in Daredevil #600 Felicia is still Queenpin, so that Daredevil story takes place before Venom Inc, so Fisk being mayor should be impossible since that FCBD issue happens after Venom Inc.[/spoil]

So basicaly, those guys are really bad at their jobs, some inconsistencies can happen, but those I listed are just absurd.

Yeah, he didn't use any cool moves or anything, he just mentioned being taught by Shang-Chi IIRC. Did he not say anything about Way of the Spider or Shang-Chi while he was fighting Scorpio? Maybe I was mistaken.
    He did mention Shang-Chi indirectly:

But unfortunately, didn't use it after that...

Yeah, that fight was so annoying because Peter wasted his hours of preparation time. Peter could have done any number of things to stop Otto. His armor made him way stronger and more durable than Otto is. He invented that chemical which can block Otto's nerve impulses all the way back in ASM 90 or something. He made another way to stop Otto's tentacles when he was like 15 IIRC. He could have used cryo-pellets against Ock. He could have used his nerve-hacking tech from Spider-Man/Deadpool to automatically knock Ock out. He could have reprogrammed his tech to remove the exploit that Ock put in it while he was living inside the PI servers. He could have used magnetic webbing to block the signals Ock was sending to his tech. He could have used his anti-metal spider-tracers to melt all of Otto's tech. Heck, he could have super-charged himself on Parker Particles and turned Ock into a cute little puppy or something (lol). At the very least, he could have made a back-up of all his data and tech secrets/designs and teleported it into some secret location. Or, even simpler - when he was deleting all the dangerous weapon designs and stuff, he could have kept the personal data of his users intact for them to use. It's not like Hydra can take over the world with people's browser history or whatever. But yeah, bad writing.
    Damn, that's a lot more options than I thought to deal with Otto lol.

The most absurd thing when deleting everything was Peter telling that guy to delete his research about that green energy, which, while it could be a potential threat, it's not like having that info means it would, of course, he could just try to get everything on paper in case having it in some pen drive is too risky for whatever reason, but they were even destroying researches that were written on papers (Which may or may not include some other guy's cancer research), I mean come on, is Otto so good at hacking he can hack paper now? Lol

Agreed. It's unfortunate that PI had to be taken off board, but there could have been a number of better ways to do it. If they wanted to go with a villain coming to take Peter's designs and Peter sacrificing the company to stop them, they should have gone with the Maker or someone who just outmatches Peter. That story would have been so much more awesome badass if Peter had done all (or some of) the things I had mentioned above, but the Maker kept figuring ways to counter or beat all of Peter's ideas, leaving Peter with no other choice but to destroy the data. It would make Peter seem like a competent superhero and show off how smart he is, but also get the job done, since the Maker is basically Reed Richards, the smartest person ever. Peter's not Reed Richards level, so it makes sense that he'd eventually have to go down. If Doom had been evil then, Doom could have done it as well.
    Man, that just sounds awesome, and hell, if Otto himself did that it would make sense too considering he was living on the data itself, so knowing so many loopholes that Peter wouldn't know to do those things you listed would make perfect sense.
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 04-18-2018 at 06:12 PM.