Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    Did anybody spot this, besides me? I bought X-Men Black: Magneto yesterday. In the middle was a big fold-out ad for UnCanny X-Men disassembled. On the back of that was an ad for Avengers #700. This may be just bait. In the ad, it states: "Who will be joining Earth's Mightiest Heroes in their spectacular 700th issue?" One of the pictures shown was Rogue. Here are the pic's from top to bottom:
    Row 1: Nova, Depp, Ares, Black Widow
    Row 2: Deadpool, Nightcrawler
    Row 3: Howard the Duck, Beta Ray Bill
    Row 4: Gladiator (I think), Rogue
    Now I think It will probably be Black Widow because of the movies, but who knows?
    I want my gurl back on the Avengers. ��
    Uncanny was sooo good.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Did anybody spot this, besides me? I bought X-Men Black: Magneto yesterday. In the middle was a big fold-out ad for UnCanny X-Men disassembled. On the back of that was an ad for Avengers #700. This may be just bait. In the ad, it states: "Who will be joining Earth's Mightiest Heroes in their spectacular 700th issue?" One of the pictures shown was Rogue. Here are the pic's from top to bottom:
    Row 1: Nova, Depp, Ares, Black Widow
    Row 2: Deadpool, Nightcrawler
    Row 3: Howard the Duck, Beta Ray Bill
    Row 4: Gladiator (I think), Rogue
    Now I think It will probably be Black Widow because of the movies, but who knows?
    You have a pic for that?
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    You have a pic for that?
    Sorry, I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    yeah but so what? does it matter if this is flagship or not?
    I was just stating the facts, and reminding some people how unimportant the book became after Remender left. Some people see being a leader of a secondary Avengers team as some sort of big recognition or a mark of high status and I simply don't, to me is the same as being a leader of a secondary X-men team.

true but so what?
    MMX is also secondary book with no repercussion outside of itself
    Astonishing is also repercussion outside of itself
    With only three issues of MMX I can already say that that is false, the introduction of Xavier and Lilandra child is something that is going to affect the Shi'ar empire from here on now.
    Also is obvious that is just a matter of time before X appears again in the X-books.

Some people care about character more than powers.
    You can't say that her personality was similar. There were also a lot of differences between both power sets but You clearly didn't read or don't care about details.
    It's hard to discuss about personality because is something very subjective, what might be right for you could be wrong for someone else. But I'll say this, Duggan (the man you guys praise so much) tweeted Kelly congratulating her for what she did in R+G and how much he enjoyed it, which means Thompson's Rogue can not be so different from his version, and it's hard to disagree with the writer of UA himself.
    And in terms of powers what I said are facts, her development in power control was COMPLETELY ERASED and she went back to "Ah can't control my powers + flying brick" state and that is indisputable, so much progress and development in UA yeah right...

Gambit thread had a lot of taling about movie and about Rogue(how bad she is).
    People here don't talk about not-Rogue.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by R0d View Post
    I was just stating the facts, and reminding some people how unimportant the book became after Remender left. Some people see being a leader of a secondary Avengers team as some sort of big recognition or a mark of high status and I simply don't, to me is the same as being a leader of a secondary X-men team.
    I almost gree. Secondary X-men team would be almost equally good. A little weaker because everyone would know each other.

With only three issues of MMX I can already say that that is false, the introduction of Xavier and Lilandra child is something that is going to affect the Shi'ar empire from here on now.
    Also is obvious that is just a matter of time before X appears again in the X-books.
    We obviously will see but...

This child will be killed or will became new leader of Shi'ar empire(and he/she will be never shown again and Shi'ar will have new leader before X-men will meet them again).
    or something similar

It's hard to discuss about personality because is something very subjective, what might be right for you could be wrong for someone else. But I'll say this, Duggan (the man you guys praise so much) tweeted Kelly congratulating her for what she did in R+G and how much he enjoyed it, which means Thompson's Rogue can not be so different from his version, and it's hard to disagree with the writer of UA himself.
    And in terms of powers what I said are facts, her development in power control was COMPLETELY ERASED and she went back to "Ah can't control my powers + flying brick" state and that is indisputable, so much progress and development in UA yeah right...
    She had progress in different areas (like personality).
    Rogue by KT had all progress erased(except powers).

about Duggan:

argument to authority? really?

I gave You facts(Rogue wanted to be with Gambit. She wasn't afraid to stat relationship. Xtreme X-men).
    Gambit was cheating her(his solo)

You started with argument to authority...

some reasons why Your argument is completly useless:
    - this is argument to authority
    - Duggan sometimes writes bad stories
    - maybe he didn't read all Rogue and Gambit stories

what about Claremont(if You like authorities?)
    what he created about them?

his Rogue wasn't afraid and his Gambit was cheating her.

which means that You shouldn't like KT work because Claremont wrote that Rogue and Gambit are different
    Last edited by Xelossik; 10-04-2018 at 12:57 PM.

@Xelossik

I can't understand most of what you wrote towards the end, so I'll simply get to the point and leave because I don't have the energy or will to keep going.

Like I've told you many times before: PEOPLE CHANGE!!! Just because someone did something or thought something in the past doesn't mean that person will think or act in the same way in the present or in the future.

If you were showing us panels of events that happened recently your arguments would make sense, but it's hard to take anything you say seriously when you keep pointing out to stories that happened like 15 years ago. Again, it's time to stop living in 2004 and join the rest of us in 2018.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by R0d View Post
    @Xelossik

I can't understand most of what you wrote towards the end, so I'll simply get to the point and leave because I don't have the energy or will to keep going.

Like I've told you many times before: PEOPLE CHANGE!!! Just because someone did something or thought something in the past doesn't mean that person will think or act in the same way in the present or in the future.

If you were showing us panels of events that happened recently your arguments would make sense, but it's hard to take anything you say seriously when you keep pointing out to stories that happened like 15 years ago. Again, it's time to stop living in 2004 and join the rest of us in 2018.
    Yes. People change. Thats why it is sad that Rogue development was forgotten.

In Xtreme X-men, Austen run, Milligan run Rogue wasn't afraid. She was afraid earlier.

ending of previous post:

just because Duggan said something... it doesn't mean that i should think like him.
    he rate mini series
    i rate whole stories of characters

and if there are only one good explanation(character had a lot of character development off panel) to make story logical... that's terrible story for me

Quote Originally Posted by Colt Cape View Post
    I want my gurl back on the Avengers. ��
    Uncanny was sooo good.
    I loved Rogue in Unc Avengers too. I see no reason for her not to be in 2 books, I'd really like to see her return

They're teasing just that....

But I think Nightcrawler is more likely. Aaron wrote Amazing X-Men.

EDIT: And just saw it mentioned on the previous page - that's Blade, not Gladiator.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 10-11-2018 at 04:39 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

EDIT: And just saw it mentioned on the previous page - that's Blade, not Gladiator.
    As you can see, there are only 2 gals shown. Of the 8 current members of the group, only 2 are gals. IMO, this suggests to me the replacement is likely to a gal. Black Widow likely because of the movie.

Nightcrawler is one of the core X-men in Uncanny, so I doubt it. He's not a free agent and is firmly under control of the X-Office

As you can see, there are only 2 gals shown. Of the 8 current members of the group, only 2 are gals. IMO, this suggests to me the replacement is likely to a gal. Black Widow likely because of the movie.
    Black Widow isnt releasing a movie anytime soon. I can see her joining but not bc of any film

I'd love to see Rogue join, but since they already have 2 superstrong women on the team , I doubt they would add another.

Although She-hulk is not looking like the typical comic book female that picture, definitely more Hulk-like.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Black Widow isnt releasing a movie anytime soon. I can see her joining but not bc of any film
    She DOES have a solo in pre-production, but I think mikeb meant Avengers 4?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

She DOES have a solo in pre-production, but I think mikeb meant Avengers 4?
    If its AV4 then that makes more sense but her solo isnt coming out for at least 2 years

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

They're probably going to be ironic and use Doop or Howard the Duck... Because Marvel 2018.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.