Page 10 of 39 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Wundagore_Everbloom
    “The Everbloom Blossom
    Visions: According to legends, the Wundagore Everbloom can unlock the doors of time and grant visions of the future when one lays a petal of an everbloom on their tongue. While it is true that it can allow individuals to see the future, it is required for the essence of the petal to be consumed twice, first after hunger and second after murder. That is to say, to kill an individual or creature who previously ate a petal of the Everbloom and then consume their stomach.”
    It'd be wild if Leah pulled from that. ETA: Well I guess she did. I'm remembering Vision saying it was her favorite flower.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I was looking again into Wanda´s memories of being killed and while she looked shocked, she didn´t look angry and said "Ha, see you next round" like she knew the person who killed her and knows she was coming back to life and her pov ends with: "I died and yet I know I am not dead"(So if there are two Wandas maybe one is dead and the other is alive?) What if she used the Everbloom flower to see into the future and knew this was going to happen if she went to the Gala but also knows how to come back? The mystery is getting better
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 08-21-2021 at 05:49 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I was looking again into Wanda´s memories of being killed and while she looked shocked, she didn´t look angry and said "Ha, see you next round" like she knew the person who killed her and knows she was coming back to life and her pov ends with: "I died and yet I know I am not dead"(So if there are two Wandas maybe one is dead and the other is alive?) What if she used the Everbloom flower to see into the future and knew this was going to happen if she went to the Gala but also knows how to come back? The mystery is getting better
    Did she maybe negotiate a deal to sacrifice herself for some bigger plan?

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    It could be this, her series talked a lot about sacrifice and cost, same as X of Swords so I could see her thinking something like this.

Or She could also be using her death for some bigger plan because she knew she was going to be killed and maybe the part of her that is not dead is putting this plan in motion because the solicits say " A Wanda divided cannot stand…but there are many other things she can do"

Also the issue end with the phrase:

" Krakoa is for all mutants"

So Krakoa may have recognized Wanda as a mutant and is trying to heal her.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 08-21-2021 at 08:09 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

It could be this, her series talked a lot about sacrifice and cost, same as X of Swords so I could see her thinking something like this.

Or She could also be using her death for some bigger plan because she knew she was going to be killed and maybe the part of her that is not dead is putting this plan in motion because the solicits say " A Wanda divided cannot stand…but there are many other things she can do"

To be fair, every X-book ends with that Krakoa line. But you could be onto something nonetheless.
    Last edited by H-E-D; 08-22-2021 at 09:15 AM.

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Who knows, the everbloom flower was a concept introduced on Wanda´s solo series some years ago,only Tom King adressed it for his Vision series and Leah is adressing it as well here and that´s my point, if a writer remembers or takes notice of an important details of the character and can work it into the story then they will do it, unless editorial says no. This doesn´t happen often but when we get character focused stories it´s possible.
    All right.

My boy getting attacked makes me sentimental :D Also it was her whole family killed over the phoenix, we should have gotten at least one issue of her mourning them when she got back to life. I don´t think I am being unreasonable marvel is the stuborn one :p
    You’re not being unreasonable at all. I’d love to see Jean reacting to that and so many other issues. But I’m just not holding my breath. The writers don’t seem interested in that at all.

Yes I noticed this as well and it´s kind of what Bendis wanted to do, bring some new take on the original five X-men, I guess this is why I would like a contrast between her adult and young self, as a way of exploring Jean in an introspective way. But I understand you not liking it so I will stop asking.
    Thanks. I don’t mind talking about it with you because I know that when we disagree, we do it in a friendly way and more often than not we can even have a good laugh about it.

But this being a public conversation means other people are allowed to jump in. I don’t want anyone to feel provoked by my personal taste and start a fight. I normally don’t enjoy that, but I have too much stress in my real life right now and I really can’t add more to it.

They are one to bo and beat up Magneto because they believe he killed Wanda, that´s totally in character for them and the individual interactions we got from them when Xavier told them what happened made sense, more so than some X-men characters. So I am not worried about them.
    It seems they were walking out of the Boneyard. So maybe there will be even more evidence? Still… I don’t like heroes attacking people like that. I hope there’s a good explanation.

They just don´t do fights in a concerted way anymore and it´s a real shame,in the old comics you could understand what was happening during a fight and there was actual strategy used, I miss those stories but it will be hard to see more fights again.
    Exactly. Fight scenes are part of the narrative. They should tell a little story of their own. Most of the fights we get now is just posing and then, somehow, we reach the conclusion of the fight.

Charles once said Magneto always can hide himself from him, even with Cerebro, when he puts his mind on it, which he interprets as him not wanting to talk to him at the moment so only Wolverine and his fam would be able to track him but they would need to get close to him.
    Power levels vary so much… Sometimes Logan can smell a molecule kilometers away. But even if he couldn’t, wouldn’t Lorna be able to feel the magnetic manipulation? Serious question.

Nah I don´t think so, the mere fact the X-men went back to NY and were welcome by the other superhero teams makes me understand marvel is doing a soft retcon on the Krakoa era. They may keep the island and the general structure but they also want the old school stories some X-men fans have been missing and that´s fair.
    Yeah, but that means nothing much is changing. I was being silly anyway. :)

Wanda is still an Avengers character so unless she´s now like Pietro and she can be on the two sides at once like he did in the 90´s this means Wanda is totally staying with them after this story is done. I just hope they close the HoM/Decimation chapter.
    It should have been closed. Not even that good came form that BS called AvX?

So… it will only be closed if they want to close it. And for that you didn’t even need this story to beging with… But let’s see.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    YouÂ’re not being unreasonable at all. IÂ’d love to see Jean reacting to that and so many other issues. But IÂ’m just not holding my breath. The writers don’t seem interested in that at all.
    I wish I could tell them Jean has more interests than being Scott or Logan girlfriend and it´s so rare how often they bring out her empathy and yet stop her from feeling grief and empathy when it comes to her own family. It doesn´t make sense for Jean to feel strongly for stranger and not care for her own parents and sister.

Thanks. I don’t mind talking about it with you because I know that when we disagree, we do it in a friendly way and more often than not we can even have a good laugh about it.
    But this being a public conversation means other people are allowed to jump in. I don’t want anyone to feel provoked by my personal taste and start a fight. I normally donÂ’t enjoy that, but I have too much stress in my real life right now and I really canÂt add more to it.
    It´s all right, I understand

It seems they were walking out of the Boneyard. So maybe there will be even more evidence? StillÂ… I donÂ’t like heroes attacking people like that. I hope thereÂ’s a good explanation.
    On this issue Logan talked about X-factor doing an interrogation, maybe after Jean and Emma are done exploring his mind, what I don´t understand is that he´s using his traditional costume and it doesn´t make sense because he´s arrested so at some point he must have freed himself and changed his clothes and maybe why they attacked, not that the Avengers need much motivation for it and they usually attack magneto when they see him, unless he´s there as part of the X-men or is working with them for some reason and that happened just one time.

Exactly. Fight scenes are part of the narrative. They should tell a little story of their own. Most of the fights we get now is just posing and then, somehow, we reach the conclusion of the fight.
    Agreed, fight scenes can tell as much about the personality of the character as their interactions with other characters, you could understand a lot of how a character thinks from their fight scenes but those are just not done anymore in modern comics, I don´t know if it´s because the writers don´t see the point or if it´s harder for them to write them. Still those scenes have a reason to exist in the narrative.

Power levels vary so much… Sometimes Logan can smell a molecule kilometers away. But even if he couldn’t, wouldn’t Lorna be able to feel the magnetic manipulation? Serious question.
    Oh yes Logan´s powers are all over the place but in this instance he had to get close to Wanda to smell Magneto on her so my guess is that he also has to get close to him to know where he is.

Lorna and Magneto, well, it´s complicated, because they indeed have bonded their powers in the past and they indeed can felt each other use their powers when they like use a great level of energy and they can also lech off each other sometimes because they use the same energy from the planet but they have not used their power to track the other with one exception, when Lorna was a baby and brought down her parents plane, Magneto was able to felt her energy from a large distance and name a location but him and Mastermind had to go there and look around before they were able to localize Lorna. So yes, they can track each other but if they are using their powers on a lower or human level it becomes harder to track each other.

Yeah, but that means nothing much is changing. I was being silly anyway.
    Who knows, time will tell.

It should have been closed. Not even that good came form that BS called AvX?

So… it will only be closed if they want to close it. And for that you didn’t even need this story to beging withÂ… But let’s see.
    I expect the AvX story to keep going because it sells since the 80´s and just wait until the MCU gets to it, it will get realy hard to ignore but Wanda being a main point of contention between them is a relatively new thing so the story can be focused to other character.Before her it was Magneto the reason of their fights usually or Scott during Utopia. Leah said her main intention with this story is to give Wanda and the mutants a moment of catharsis and healing so if she manages to do it well, I expect the HoM to be at least closed so the characters can advance even if their respective teams will keep going at each other throats for the next big thing reason. This is my take on this.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 08-22-2021 at 01:29 AM.

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

I wish I could tell them Jean has more interests than being Scott or Logan girlfriend and it´s so rare how often they bring out her empathy and yet stop her from feeling grief and empathy when it comes to her own family. It doesn´t make sense for Jean to feel strongly for stranger and not care for her own parents and sister.
    We haven’t seen much of Jean’s feelings in this Krakoan era for neither strangers or even her close friends. Or even her family.

I mean both her brothers-in-law who live in the same house with her are in a really bad place mental-health-wise and there’s isn’t a single panel of them interacting.

On this issue Logan talked about X-factor doing an interrogation, maybe after Jean and Emma are done exploring his mind, what I don´t understand is that he´s using his traditional costume and it doesn´t make sense because he´s arrested so at some point he must have freed himself and that´s maybe why they attacked, not that the Avengers need much motivation for it and they usually attack magneto when they see him, unless hes there as part of the X-men or is working with them for some reason and that happened just one time.
    It might also be that Jean and Emma will clear him and the Avengers will still not believe and attack anyway.

I hope it’s not the case.

Agreed, fight scenes can tell as much about the personality of the character as their interactions with other characters, you could understand a lot of how a character thinks from their fight scenes but those are just not done anymore in modern comics, I don´t know if it´s because the writers don´t see the point or if it´s harder for them to write them. Still those scenes have a reason to exist in the narrative.
    Totally. I think lots of writers just “write” the fight scenes using the Marvel Method, which means giving a very lose description of what is supposed to happen and leave it to the artists. The thing is that, a long time ago, comic book artists specialized in the action scenes and they were really good at story telling. I think most artists nowadays focus on the artistic technique, so we end up with silly fights.

Oh yes Logan´s powers are all over the place but in this instance he had to get close to Wanda to smell Magneto on her so my guess is that he also has to get close to him to know where he is.
    Every character’s powers are always all over the place. Which is why the discussions of who would win in a fight can be entertaining, but never conclusive. :)

Lorna and Magneto, well, it´s complicated, because they indeed have bonded their powers in the past and they indeed can felt each other use their powers when they like use a great level of energy and they can also lech off each other sometimes because they use the same energy from the planet but they have not used their power to track the other with one exception, when Lorna was a baby and brought down her parents plane, Magneto was able to felt her energy from a large distance and name a location but him and Mastermind had to go there and look around before they were able to localize Lorna. So yes, they can track each other but if they are using their powers on a lower or human level it becomes harder to track each other.
    Makes sense. Not sure how “bending light” would fall in the scale of a magnetic feat that is easy to be perceived or not so… Maybe Lorna wouldn’t be able to track it. I really don’t know.

I expect the AvX story to keep going because it sells since the 80´s and just wait until the MCU gets to it, it will get realy hard to ignore but Wanda being a main point of contention between them is a relatively new thing so the story can be focused to other character.Before her it was Magneto the reason of their fights usually or Scott during Utopia. Leah said her main intention with this story is to give Wanda and the mutants a moment of catharsis and healing so if she manages to do it well, I expect the HoM to be at least closed so the characters can advance even if their respective teams will keep going at each other throats for the next big thing reason. This is my take on this.
    I get it. But my point is that even if Leah writes the most magnificent story that will heal the relationship between Wanda and the mutants, another writer might just decide to ignore it. Remember when Hank Pym slapped his wife while in a state of psychosis? They *never* drop it.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    We haven’t seen much of Jean’s feelings in this Krakoan era for neither strangers or even her close friends. Or even her family.

I mean both her brothers-in-law who live in the same house with her are in a really bad place mental-health-wise and there’s isn’t a single panel of them interacting.
    Well now we may have a reason "Onslaught" got in them when they were resurrected but also they have been written as very reactive and this doesn´t help their narrative.

It might also be that Jean and Emma will clear him and the Avengers will still not believe and attack anyway.
    I hope it’s not the case.
    I actually didn´t think about this but if he´s cleared by Jean and Emma I would be so happy even if there´s still a fight with the Avengers, this would get into the old marvel way of misunderstandings, a fight that will end once some things are explained.

Still I personally thought it was possible Magneto was send inside Krakoa just like Sabretooth was after his interrogation and freed himself from there but I like your idea more.

Totally. I think lots of writers just “write” the fight scenes using the Marvel Method, which means giving a very lose description of what is supposed to happen and leave it to the artists. The thing is that, a long time ago, comic book artists specialized in the action scenes and they were really good at story telling. I think most artists nowadays focus on the artistic technique, so we end up with silly fights.
    Yes the marvel way needs very skilled artist to show off the combat and be clear of what´s happening and this doesn´t always happen even if the art is quite pretty.

Every character’s powers are always all over the place. Which is why the discussions of who would win in a fight can be entertaining, but never conclusive.
    Yes I avoid those threads so much precisely because of this, they never end and it really doens´t matter much the power level when the writer can decide who wins just because it fits their plot.

Makes sense. Not sure how “bending light” would fall in the scale of a magnetic feat that is easy to be perceived or not so… Maybe Lorna wouldn’t be able to track it. I really don’t know.
    Hard to tell really, because it doesnt involve a lot of effort but I am not sure how his energy signature would show for Lorna. Using this method he was able to get into the Inhumans fortress in the 80´s but they were not expecting him.

I get it. But my point is that even if Leah writes the most magnificent story that will heal the relationship between Wanda and the mutants, another writer might just decide to ignore it. Remember when Hank Pym slapped his wife while in a state of psychosis? They *never* drop it.
    I understand but I hope it can be done, the characters and the narrative need to advance at some point even the MCU had to scratch all of that redone Hank to introduce him to the movies.

Well now we may have a reason "Onslaught" got in them when they were resurrected but also they have been written as very reactive and this doesn´t help their narrative.

I actually didn´t think about this but if he´s cleared by Jean and Emma I would be so happy even if there´s still a fight with the Avengers, this would get into the old marvel way of misunderstandings, a fight that will end once some things are explained.

Still I personally thought it was possible Magneto was send inside Krakoa just like Sabretooth was after his interrogation and freed himself from there but I like your idea more.

Yes the marvel way needs very skilled artist to show off the combat and be clear of what´s happening and this doesn´t always happen even if the art is quite pretty.

Yes I avoid those threads so much precisely because of this, they never end and it really doens´t matter much the power level when the writer can decide who wins just because it fits their plot.

Hard to tell really, because it doesnt involve a lot of effort but I am not sure how his energy signature would show for Lorna. Using this method he was able to get into the Inhumans fortress in the 80´s but they were not expecting him.

I understand but I hope it can be done, the characters and the narrative need to advance at some point even the MCU had to scratch all of that redone Hank to introduce him to the movies.
    Part of the reason Hank was so drastically changed in the MCU was because Edgar Wright took so long to write that script, that they then had to change him to fit into a new timeline. He otherwise would have likely been close to EMH Hank. Because he and Jan were supposed to have their movie, then be in Whedon's Avengers.

Astonishing Member

One thought I had is that since Crucible has become very ritualised and because Wanda has been such an unspoken presence hanging over each match/ritualised human sacrifice (depending on your perspective) that the Krakoans might accidentally bootstrap Wanda into godhood/demigodhood as part of the ‘Wanda divided’ thing in the solicits

Spectacular Member maximoffimpact's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Which is gonna be awkward considering Krakoa itself is likely the one who is trying to heal Wanda’s soul
    I'm in agreement with you about Krakoa. Also, I feel that Krakoa is able to actually determine the goodness of one's soul ( in this case, Wanda) and persona. If I am correct in my theory, Krakoa was able to glean out all the details of Wanda's life, but particularly her actions/mindset/beliefs/motivation in during Disassembled and House of M. Add to that, I vaguely remember that as a witch (Avengers/Englehart era) there is an organic connection that Wanda can have to nature. If my memory serves me correctly, that alone could be the basis and connection with Krakoa that would cause Krakoa to save/heal/resurrect. I vague remember an Avengers issue (Annual?) that Wanda stopped Dormammu, who threatened nature itself. Gaea was being restrained by Dormammu, but Wanda was able to use her wits to defeat him by threatening to cool the lava pits he relied upon by using her then growing ability to control organic items. My point is that for all the incomplete information, lies, mistruths and agendas regarding Wanda, Krakoa is able to determine THE FULL TRUTH of Wanda's history, and in it's own judgement has made the determination of Wanda's relevance, worth and life. Upon that determination, Krakoa could be healing her because she was found worthy by Krakoa itself.

Spectacular Member maximoffimpact's Avatar

The flower that Wanda loves and could have used indeed could have told her of her death. Wanda in her 1st appearance during Empyre mentioned in her thoughts that something was wrong, or a major mistake was happening on Krakoa.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    That's why I think part of her death was intentional for her. When I read this page it screamed at me that she knew she had to "die".

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Wundagore_Everbloom
    “The Everbloom Blossom
    Visions: According to legends, the Wundagore Everbloom can unlock the doors of time and grant visions of the future when one lays a petal of an everbloom on their tongue. While it is true that it can allow individuals to see the future, it is required for the essence of the petal to be consumed twice, first after hunger and second after murder. That is to say, to kill an individual or creature who previously ate a petal of the Everbloom and then consume their stomach.”
    So interesting.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    That's why I think part of her death was intentional for her. When I read this page it screamed at me that she knew she had to "die".

So interesting.
    When that was published many of you took that as a prediction Wanda would die. And she did die, though she’s not dead. To me this means she could not live with the status quo of what she did. During Axis she altered reality to make it look like she and Pietro are not Magneto’s children because she was mad Magneto wanted to stop her from killing Doom. After she reconciled with Magneto, I think she may have killed herself out of guilt. Krakoa senses her true nature, mutant and with chaos magic in her blood.