Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I suspect purely because of the threat level a Phoenix possesses, Doom would make sure that he stays down.
    I don't think it's that, Doom showed fear to richards. So much so he teleported himself to confront him. Keep in mind Doom has the powers of the Beyonders. We've seen what the Beyonders were able to do. I doubt after killing the Living Tribunal and having such power that the PF it self would pose a threat. Hell in Xtinction Agenda Rachel Summers-Grey seems to possess her own PF as Baron, and then we have PF costume Jean grey in A-Force.

Can't wait to pick it up after I get off work...this continues to be THE Doom event of all time...epic dialogue, epic battles, and ruling over all...as I continue to say, I know that Doom will fall, but wow, what I wouldn't give to see him put Richards in his place for GOOD!!!!

Ultimate Member

I actually supported Scott taking action against Doom immedately but I immediately got irritated with the Phoenix speech.

Thankfully, Doom cut him short.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I actually supported Scott taking action against Doom immedately but I immediately got irritated with the Phoenix speech.

Thankfully, Doom cut him short.
    Don't worry. It's a Hickman comic. Someone will start monologuing or making a speech soon enough to replace that one that got cut off.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Don't worry. It's a Hickman comic. Someone will start monologuing or making a speech soon enough to replace that one that got cut off.
    Hickman generaly speaking is pretty descent at writing character monologues.

I just personally found Phoenix-Cyclops monologues incredibly annoying. He sounded like one of those crazy homeless guys you try and avoid eye contact with at the Subway station. If I were there when Cyclops started opening his mouth I probably would have gotten on my knees and prayed that the lord Doom would bring salvation for a second time.

why did doom ask dr strange to undo his spell?
    isnt doom more powerful than he is? or does strange has abilities doom does'nt?
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    It seems that he needs to know where they were sent to undo the spell.

Astonishing Member

Cyclops dieing was utterly hilarious, been a minute since I laughed that hard at a death scene.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

Doom isn't all knowing. I would imagine if he doesn't know where Strange sent them, then he's gotta find them the hard way.

Doom still doesn't know where they were sent. And Doom doesn't know enough magic to reverse Strange's spells. That's my guess (paper- rock- scissors)

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Hickman generaly speaking is pretty descent at writing character monologues.

I just personally found Phoenix-Cyclops monologues incredibly annoying. He sounded like one of those crazy homeless guys you try and avoid eye contact with at the Subway station. If I were there when Cyclops started opening his mouth I probably would have gotten on my knees and prayed that the lord Doom would bring salvation for a second time.
    Eh, I said a lot about his monologues in the past, so I'll just keep it simple. I find most of his monologues to be tedious since everyone usually sounds the same and it always so trying to be so hard to be epic sounding.

Long-time loiterer

I'm guessing as someone said previously he doesn't seem to be omniscient, and doesn't know where they are to bring them back*.

For a brief second there, when Cyclops died I wondered if that was why he was missing in the upcoming Extraordinary X-Men. Strange's death straight after proved that was nonsense though.

*seems I typed too slowly on my tablet and pretty much everyone else got there before me haha

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Eh, I said a lot about his monologues in the past, so I'll just keep it simple. I find most of his monologues to be tedious since everyone usually sounds the same and it always so trying to be so hard to be epic sounding.
    Then I'll give Hickman credit here... he didn't make Phoenix Cyclops sound like everyone else.

Most other characters don't sound like a crazy homeless guy living at the subway station.

Ultimate Member

The way I saw it, is that Doom isn't Omniscient like the the real "God".

He knows that Strange scattered those guys but doesn't know where exactly he threw them to and that's why he can't bring them back.

Ultimate Member

I think I'm really liking the Thors.

Boar Thor was pretty awesome.